ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The start of my juice cleanse/fast. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270599)

cookster50 03-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9454213)
Sorry I completely misread what you were asking. Everything you juice leaves quite a lot of pulp you have to discard. Sorry about that, I had a brain fart when I first read your post.

So on a juice cleanse, do you add a fiber supplement? I ask, because if you don't eat the pulp, that is all your fiber, where do you get fiber from?

58-4ever 03-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9454429)
This. Why not just make wholesale lifestyle and diet changes? There is no quick fix, certainly not juicing. If you don't change your lifestyle, that weight will just come right back. So then why juice at all?

I think a lot of people that do this are making lifestyle changes. For the first time they are buying from the outskirts of the supermarket and eating foods they've never implemented into their diet. Why you have to be negative is your issue.

teedubya 03-01-2013 01:45 PM

One I like... is to put about 1 cup of Vanilla Almond milk and some spinach in the blender... and puree...

then add some almond butter into it... some frozen blueberries... and some cacao green drink into it... with some ice... it comes out like a chocolate peanut butter shake...

This stuff > is ****ing awesome in these juice smoothies.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/buy/prod...cao-10-oz.html

MoreLemonPledge 03-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9454711)
I think a lot of people that do this are making lifestyle changes. For the first time they are buying from the outskirts of the supermarket and eating foods they've never implemented into their diet. Why you have to be negative is your issue.

Drinking only juice for a month is not making a wholesale change. This doesn't set people up for success after the diet plan ends. That's my issue with the plan. I've seen too many people put the weight right back on.

Toadkiller 03-01-2013 02:05 PM

Your not doing it to loose weight.

58-4ever 03-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9454750)
Drinking only juice for a month is not making a wholesale change. This doesn't set people up for success after the diet plan ends. That's my issue with the plan. I've seen too many people put the weight right back on.

If you read the first page, I indicated that a long duration is way too long to do this by itself. However, if you're replacing a meal a day with raw fruits and veggies, that can only be a good thing.

58-4ever 03-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9454591)
Nobody likes kale like the way people like ice cream. You might "like" kale because you know it's healthy for you and it doesn't taste horrible (although some people think it tastes too bitter). You might like kale in your salad with cheese and mushrooms and olive oil. You might like it in your soup for an additional, complimentary taste.

But nobody, especially a person who in our sugar-infested world, likes kale in and of itself. It's good because it's packed with vitamins, low calories, and goes with things. And what better thing than a wild berry smoothie?

Disagree, when you start eating good things regularly, you start craving them.

MoreLemonPledge 03-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9454800)
If you read the first page, I indicated that a long duration is way too long to do this by itself. However, if you're replacing a meal a day with raw fruits and veggies, that can only be a good thing.

One meal a day is great. I just get concerned when people replace their entire diet with juice.

Carlota69 03-01-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9453786)
Holy sack that sounds awesome. Thanks!! Do you have recommendations for a juice to counter a caffeine withdrawal? I know I can google it, but you seem to know a lot more than most.

Not sure about for juice, but there is a coffee altnatice call techinno? Whole foods of a health food store near you will have it.

Oh aNd I forgot to add agave nectar to those recipes;-)

Carlota69 03-01-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9453899)
I'd like someone to explain to me how making a juice cocktail of all these fruits and vegetables is superior to just eating the fruits and vegetables.

You can get more in one serving. It's damn hardto eat all the veggies and fruits I one sitting. But ina juice? You can get it done.

Carlota69 03-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9454339)
I like ginger too, but too much in the juicer can make the taste overwhelming. How much do you use?

Im a spicy bitch. I use a lot. I love ginger and its so damn good for you. I would say I use maybe 1/2 a ginger root for 32oz of juice?

teedubya 03-01-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9454800)

That's what I do now. All juice and no food, makes your asshole sore from all that water shitting.

El Jefe 03-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9454980)
Im a spicy bitch. I use a lot. I love ginger and its so damn good for you. I would say I use maybe 1/2 a ginger root for 32oz of juice?

Holy shart, for real? That is a lot of ginger.

Fish 03-01-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9455019)
That's what I do now. All juice and no food, makes your asshole sore from all that water shitting.

That's your body's way of saying "Hey dumbass, this isn't working, we need to try some actual food so I have something to work with here."

Toadkiller 03-01-2013 03:27 PM

See I was the opposite, didnt make me shit at all.