ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Spinoff: What was the last Chiefs game you missed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236401)

Bugeater 11-06-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 7149359)
The last couple of years I've missed several games. Simply not worth wasting 3.5 hours of my weekend and not being with my family to go to a sports bar and watch a 2-14 team. Each year started out the same, watching every game but by mid-season in a terrible year I don't go out of my way to watch it. Instead we might spend a weekend camping and hiking or skiing.

KCtotheSB should be along shortly to tell you how lame of a fan you are...

Direckshun 11-06-2010 08:32 AM

I miss them almost every week because my Sunday afternoons are very, very busy.

I DVR them religiously, however.

I have a friend text me score updates throughout the game to keep me informed. I then come home eventually and log onto ChiefsPlanet to see the meltdown in action (my favorite thing about Sundays is the weekly CP meltdown), and then watch the game.

DaFace 11-06-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 7149359)
The last couple of years I've missed several games. Simply not worth wasting 3.5 hours of my weekend and not being with my family to go to a sports bar and watch a 2-14 team. Each year started out the same, watching every game but by mid-season in a terrible year I don't go out of my way to watch it. Instead we might spend a weekend camping and hiking or skiing.

At the beginning of this season, I told my wife that I might be willing to miss a game to go skiing. (We bought season passes this year.) However, with the Chiefs in the playoff race, I'm not sure I could handle that.

R Clark 11-06-2010 08:35 AM

Going to Rdchester Mn sunday.Is the game going to be on national tv?

Rausch 11-06-2010 08:36 AM

Last game I missed completely was the SD game in 93 when Joe marched us down the field for the win.

I missed the 4th last game last year (can't remember who we played) because I slept through damned near the whole thing and once I'd heard we'd lost i didn't bother playing back the game.

Bugeater 11-06-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 7149370)
Going to Rdchester Mn sunday.Is the game going to be on national tv?

It's not national, but Rochester is getting the game. You're lucky because that's about the only place in Minnesota that gets it.

R Clark 11-06-2010 08:42 AM

bugearter thanks alot!

WebGem 11-06-2010 08:47 AM

The last game I missed was October 17, 1996 vs the Seahawks. I had just turned 11 less than a month prior.

Huffman83 11-06-2010 08:48 AM

I missed most of the 2nd half last week due to having to go to a wedding. I'm sitting there watching the game and then I get..."let's go." from the wife.

I drop my pants and she says "No not for that."

I forgot about her friend/roller derby teammate had her wedding at 2 pm last week (obviously they're not football fans.) So I'm sitting there at the wedding getting updates via text from my brother cursing Matt Cassel. Fortunately my wife saw the anguish on my face after the ceremony and told me I could go back to the car and listen to the game while everyone else waited for the food after wards.

I also end up having to miss some games due to my job. Sometimes at the 911 center we have the games on but you obviously can't pay attention to it at all times due to someone always wanting a medic when they get a scratch on their toe.

DVR is my savior!

Phobia 11-06-2010 09:11 AM

I would have missed a few games in 1990 - there was a war going on at that time and I was in the starting lineup.

|Zach| 11-06-2010 09:29 AM

I hadn't missed a game in 16 years until a few weeks ago. I hit it way to hard the night\morning after the Missouri\Oklahoma game.

I knew I had woken up a little late for our JAX game this year...I thought maybe it was 12:30 or maybe I missed the 1st qtr.

I woke up at 3:15. I couldn't believe my eyes.

crazycoffey 11-06-2010 11:30 AM

I missed almost every game last year, makes this year taste pretty sweet right now....

KCrockaholic 11-06-2010 11:42 AM

I missed the Dolphins-Chiefs game like 3-4 years ago....

I will do anything/everything I can to match sure I don't miss a single game ever again. I pass on sweet vacations just because I don't want to miss a game. The Chiefs are one of my top priorities. I love them.

teedubya 11-06-2010 11:45 AM

I missed a few over the last 3 years where I knew were gonna get piss pounded, so I opted for something less infuriating.

Pablo 11-06-2010 11:46 AM

Probably the 05-06 season when I was in college; working at The Home Depot. I brought a portable radio and volunteered to man the Garden Center all by myself. It was ****ing cold in that cashier shack out there, but hardly anyone came through.