ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Vegging it for 40 days? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269982)

tooge 02-13-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9399200)
meat has nothing to do with obesity

processed carbs and sugar....and sitting on fat asses all day

Bingo. Meat has nothing to do with obesity. It does however, have strong links to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.

luv 02-13-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9399227)
I think you'd be better off cutting out sweets (pop, candy, ice cream, etc.) for forty days.

Assuming you eat all of that stuff.

I honestly think that cutting out (or limiting) my meat intake will help in these areas too. I think that trying this will help make me more aware of what I'm eating as a whole.

the Talking Can 02-13-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399211)
It depends. Lean meat doesn't lead to obesity. Processed meats, fatty meats, greasy bacon, etc. - yes.

not really...

processed food is bad for you, in a myriad of ways...but fat doesn't make you fat...processed carbs and sugar make you fat

obesity has sky rocketed in exact relationship to the anti-fat craze...everything is low fat and yet our society is fatter and sicker than ever

it's bunk nutritional science that is literally killing us

animal fat is important and healthy...not so much when comes in processed, rancid forms...

anyways, I don't really want to hash out this terrible received wisdom...but a lot of work has been done to de-bunk the myths about fat and cholesterol

Ceej 02-13-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9399235)
I honestly think that cutting out (or limiting) my meat intake will help in these areas too. I think that trying this will help make me more aware of what I'm eating as a whole.

I respectfully disagree.

loochy 02-13-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399215)
Wrong.

?

Foods with incredible amounts of fat = incredibly calorically dense = greater probability exceeding daily caloric needs = fat gain

Buck 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399221)
Ok, just because Buck says so. :rolleyes:

I eat all the stuff you say makes you fat every single day and I've lost 135+ lbs.

Fat Elvis 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9399190)
I don't think eating meat is wrong. I just want to see if there's a difference in how I feel.

Ask Tony Gonzalez, he's a vegetarian. He's a vegan. I'd like to see anyone on CP that is in better shape than him.

I've really cut back on the amount of meat I eat; I'm not a strict vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination, but I simply don't eat meat the way I used to. There are a lot of creative vegetable recipes out there, and to be quite honest, I was really surprised at how good a lot of them taste.

As long as you get your proteins through your veggies, you will feel just fine. I'll eat meat every once in a while, but given the choice, I'd just as soon have fruits and veggies on my plate. You have a greater variety of flavors and textures making your meal more enjoyable IMO.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

No thanks

Ceej 02-13-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399240)
I eat all the stuff you say makes you fat every single day and I've lost 135+ lbs.

Meth head!

luv 02-13-2013 09:44 AM

Question. Where would seafood fall into this mix?

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 09:44 AM

all the sugar loaded in modern day drinks is just terrible

Buck 02-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9399239)
?

Foods with incredible amounts of fat = incredibly calorically dense = greater probability exceeding daily caloric needs = fat gain

See...

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9399237)
not really...

processed food is bad for you, in a myriad of ways...but fat doesn't make you fat...processed carbs and sugar make you fat

obesity has sky rocketed in exact relationship to the anti-fat craze...everything is low fat and yet our society is fatter and sicker than ever

animal fat is important and healthy...not so much when comes in processed, rancid forms...

anyways, I don't really want to hash out this terrible received wisdom...but a lot of work has been done to de-bunk the myths about fat and cholesterol

When you cut out sugar, you maintain a low insulin level, which in turn leads to lower hunger levels. It's not magic. It's science.

loochy 02-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9399237)
not really...

Excess anything makes you fat

sugars that spike insulin will tend to make you store more as fat, but they dont automatically cause fat, just as eating fat doesn't automatically cause fat

NewChief 02-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9399247)
Question. Where would seafood fall into this mix?

Ethics wise? Health wise? Calorie wise? Not sure what you're asking.

Completely up to you. Lots of vegetarians are actually pescatarians. There's also lacto/ovo. Then there's hard core vegan.

Hell, my wife is a vegetarian except for bacon, which she'll eat occasionally.

the Talking Can 02-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9399233)
Bingo. Meat has nothing to do with obesity. It does however, have strong links to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.

not really...the China Study is pure bunkum

everything in moderation of course, but read meat from ruminant animals is pretty much the healthiest thing you can eat...

the links between cholesterol and heart disease are being destroyed...i feel sorry for anyone taking statins before they're 70...