ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Nirvana Live at Reading... NEVER FORGET GREATNESS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282450)

Easy 6 03-22-2014 06:12 PM

Ahhh, thank you for the enlightenment NC, solid knowledge you have.

To touch on points you made earlier in this thread... first, I will be the first to admit that I don't exactly go out seeking great new music anymore, in the Myspace heyday I did (gosh, kinda miss it, found ALL kinds of great bands on MS)... but these days I'm pretty much relegated to local radio, my laziness I must admit.

If you have internet you can still find music to fit a particular taste out there... my point, and I didn't make it clear, is that the mainstream music media has forgotten rock, there doesn't seem to be an appetite from them for it like there used to be from them... "meh **** it, we're still making plenty of money off the The Black Keys so why bother with anything else?

And using TBK as an example doesn't make my tastes dated or narrow IMO, they're just OK in my book... not exactly what I consider rock, that's not to say that MY definition of rock is the be all end all, but I'd bet that I'm not alone in thinking that much of modern rock has been corporatized and emasculated.

penguinz 03-22-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10507706)
FYP to my taste. Yes, sad but true. The good old days.
Smashing pumpkins, Pearl Jam & Red Hot Chilies at memorial hall in 91' was one of the best.

first concert I ever went to.

Pitt Gorilla 03-22-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10507862)
Every fan of rock should see that documentary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HQoOfiLz1G4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome documentary.

BigRedChief 03-23-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10509279)
first concert I ever went to.

For me it was the NY Dolls and Lynard Skynard at what is now a christian bowling alley in Springfield.

patteeu 03-23-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10509917)
For me it was the NY Dolls and Lynard Skynard at what is now a christian bowling alley in Springfield.

That seems like a weird combo. Was the crowd receptive to both or were they there for the main act and not too jazzed about the openers?

Easy 6 03-23-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10509917)

That sounds like an awesome show, as pat says those two couldn't be much more different, what a cool mix of styles for one show.

Omaha 03-24-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10507750)
Kurt Cobain wasn't even the best musician in his own band.

So? Being technically proficient wasn't really his thing. Songwriting was his thing.

NewChief 03-26-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 10508597)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d5gUsnJX2oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally getting around to listening to their new album (on vacation without the amount of sitdown and listen without interruption time as normal). It's pretty great. Going to probably be too electric and produced for fans of Nirvana, but it's a fun listen. Will be adding it to my rotation.

And this is a pretty great and famous Future Islands moment. Holy shit... talk about unglamorously throwing yourself out there but it somehow working...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Ee4bfu_t3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Omaha 03-27-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10518423)
Finally getting around to listening to their new album (on vacation without the amount of sitdown and listen without interruption time as normal). It's pretty great. Going to probably be too electric and produced for fans of Nirvana, but it's a fun listen. Will be adding it to my rotation.

And this is a pretty great and famous Future Islands moment. Holy shit... talk about unglamorously throwing yourself out there but it somehow working...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Ee4bfu_t3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like both of the songs posted, but the stupid, spastic dancing and the singer's affinity for belching the lyrics a a bit distracting.