ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Gonzo vs. Big Retail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266898)

Gonzo 11-21-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9138618)
Basically the story is:

A greeter at a store asked me if I wanted a store card to save 25% off of todays purchase. I said no.

I bought what I wanted.

I got in line and had to wait a few extra minutes because of a poorly trained elderly checkout person who also asked me if I had a club card.

Tarantino probably wants to buy the movie rights.

Not a fan if subtlety/sarcasm or descriptive writing?

The story was more about how it took me nearly an hour to get in and out of the place with just a single purchase.

loochy 11-21-2012 08:33 AM

WTF man? Calm yourself. They always ask me about the card when I go to Cadellas OR Cass Pro. All you need to say is "no sir" and they shut up.

Also, for what it's worth, the Cadellas here has excellent customer service and is almost always a very quick in and out. I picked up some bead heads and a hackle neck the other day and I was in and back in my car in less than 10 minutes.

MITCH 11-21-2012 08:39 AM

Gonzo.. I think the problem is old people do not rush anything. I am in mid 40's and sometimes being around my dad can be pain in butt. My goal is usually to get something done that day. His goal for same task would to be get it done that week. I believe time is just different as people age.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2012 08:40 AM

I feel your pain somewhat...

Last night i closed the door in a Kirby salesmans face after i had already told him no and i wasnt interested twice, he continued to try and sell me one. I figure saying No 2 times is more than enough.

No means No....something salespeople cant and refuse to understand.

Strongside 11-21-2012 08:47 AM

For what it's worth, these people hate asking as much as you hate being asked. They are pressured by their management and, in some cases, have a quota to hit. Most big box retail stores have a set # of credit apps that must be approved every month before management teams can receive profit sharing, bonuses, etc.

Just remember that they are just trying to do their job...as inconvenient as it may be. I worked in retail while in college and had to ask about credit cards. I'd say 70% of the people who applied were denied...which always left me feeling guilty. If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at the guy behind the desk at corporate headquarters.

patteeu 11-21-2012 08:51 AM

Good story, but I'm not sure Earl Campbell really had much of a spin move. He had a little-sidestep-and-if-you're-still-in-front-of-me-I'll-just-run-through-you move though.

Here's a highlight video of Campbell. His only spin is at 0:51 and in reality he's getting spun. Check the video starting at about 2:45 for what Earl Campbell really did well though. Holy moly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ui844C3TQVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu 11-21-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9138073)
Don't forget the 20 minutes to bitch about it on CP.

Ya spin a good yarn thar, fella.

I have to agree. I was captivated.

tooge 11-21-2012 08:57 AM

shoulda got a real smoker and you could just go out into the woods and cut some oak

Iowanian 11-21-2012 08:58 AM

It must be "shark week" at your house because friend...you seem to be a little backed up.

While frustrating, this appears to be a pretty standard store interaction in almost any chain. Be it Lowes, Home Depot, Bass Pro, Tar-Jeah, Sheels......

You want a lid blower.....install a gas insert fireplace that requires 8 tech visits over the first year and have a "delayed ignition combustion" a few feet from your kids. You think you had a bad day...you didn't want to be that retailer.

Inspector 11-21-2012 08:58 AM

65 years old?

Elderly?

Geriatric?

Really?

I think your perspective is a bit whacked there sonny.:LOL:

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9138860)
It must be "shark week" at your house because friend...you seem to be a little backed up.

While frustrating, this appears to be a pretty standard store interaction in almost any chain. Be it Lowes, Home Depot, Bass Pro, Tar-Jeah, Sheels......

You want a lid blower.....install a gas insert fireplace that requires 8 tech visits over the first year and have a "delayed ignition combustion" a few feet from your kids. You think you had a bad day...you didn't want to be that retailer.

You're not supposed to install gas fireplace in your trailer, dude.

Iowanian 11-21-2012 09:08 AM

Well, technically that there, is an R. V. ...Clark.

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9138895)
Well, technically that there, is an R. V. ...Clark.

LMAO

Bwana 11-21-2012 09:16 AM

It's a culture thing with Cadella's, they do the same thing at the one here in town. Those guys must get some kind of spiff for signing people up. I do have one of their cards that I use for business and used the points to get a big Yeti Cooler this summer.

With that being said, I went several years without having one and they would pull the same thing. When they would ask at the door, I would just tell them "Yes I do." The problem ended with those three words. Just be glad you weren’t in there on black Friday. My guess is you would have needed a shave by the time you would have been able to escape.

Lumpy 11-21-2012 09:40 AM

LMAO This is why I never go to Cadella's w/ Gonzo.