ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt wanted to keep Scott Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273998)

J Diddy 06-21-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9767447)
yet there was scooter riding shotgun into the off season hunt with clark, to look for a new coach.

I truly believe if Reid would have said yeah on Pioli, he'd still be here.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9767445)
What has to be established here is when this vote was taken. Near the end could mean November, it could mean December.

I know in November that there were people convinced Pioli would be back. After the Broncos game those same people were convinced he was gone.

I've posted this 100 times. I thought Pioli would be here for 10+ years because of how much Clark crushed on him. Clark didn't think he had a prayer to get him to come here in 09. He bought into everything he said, like a brainwashing of sorts.

If this is true, and with Gretz I'm skeptical, but it would fall in line with that.

Whatever the case, I'm glad at least Clark's family is smart.

If Gretz lied, you wouldn't see him sitting in the media room with the rest of them come august. It's understandable, I guess, that fans hate Gretz' for his style and his former position with the team media group, but to call him a liar so desperate for work that he would jeopardize his future covering the Chiefs is far fetched slander imo. Not that you said it.

tomahawk kid 06-21-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9767468)
If Gretz lied, you wouldn't see him sitting in the media room with the rest of them come august. It's understandable, I guess, that fans hate Gretz' for his style and his former position with the team media group, but to call him a liar so desperate for work that he would jeopardize his future covering the Chiefs is far fetched slander imo. Not that you said it.

How does lying preclude that in your mind?

Kevin Keitzman, to my knowledge, isn't barred from attending press conferences at Arrowhead- and he's been making up shit for years.

I mean, we're still waiting for the damned cell phone to ring with information that "will shake the NFL to its foundations".

BlackHelicopters 06-21-2013 02:34 PM

Unicorns and rainbows.

Lex Luthor 06-21-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9767220)
We're still talking about Scooter. Thought he was fired awhile back ago.

This thread isn't about Pioli. It's about Clark Hunt. He still owns the team.

Setsuna 06-21-2013 02:51 PM

LOL at people in denial.

T-post Tom 06-21-2013 03:15 PM

:BS: Fanning the flames of fans' scooter angst in an attempt to boost membership. Or he got bad info.

Sannyasi 06-21-2013 03:18 PM

I thought the choice to keep or fire Pioli had been given to Andy Reid?

BlackHelicopters 06-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9767459)
I truly believe if Reid would have said yeah on Pioli, he'd still be here.

Be very afraid of this statement.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9767478)
How does lying preclude that in your mind?

Kevin Keitzman, to my knowledge, isn't barred from attending press conferences at Arrowhead- and he's been making up shit for years.

I mean, we're still waiting for the damned cell phone to ring with information that "will shake the NFL to its foundations".

well if you don't believe it's true then...

JFC if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.. clark has not shown anything but incompetence to me. "A" for effort, I guess.

Kevin Keitzman is not a football mind in my book, he's not even in Gretz' area code for all things football.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9767404)
It's become really easy to just not give a shit about the Chiefs.

Yep.

A part of me has died.

Steron 06-21-2013 03:29 PM

Things like this make black baby Jesus weep.

mcaj22 06-21-2013 03:46 PM

I like that Mark Donovan turned his back on Scooter, and essentially we probably have Mark Donovan to thank for talking in Clark's ear for his buddy Andy Reid. So unsung hero of it all where are all things considered today might go to him.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2013 03:49 PM

Mark Donovan was like the inside man for SOC.

I'd like to send him a care package.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9767614)
I like that Mark Donovan turned his back on Scooter, and essentially we probably have Mark Donovan to thank for talking in Clark's ear for his buddy Andy Reid. So unsung hero of it all where are all things considered today might go to him.

this, I believe is true -- mark donovan and a few others in the existing staff perhaps made light to clarky of the reality scooter isn't going to bring in anybody but the mangini's of the planet, having run through his short list of coaches & staffs rather quickly.

I wouldn't "sing" about anything Chiefs just yet. Jamaal & Bowe -- that we know we got. The defense can be up & down, but tends to get going later as the season rolls, but without offense ... yadayadayada.

they have the best QB group since trINT & co, so there's that. If they can get 2/3's trINT from Alex Smurf then we'll see a 9 - 6 team and maybe a post season "that was awful" performance. You know. The usual Chiefs "good season".