ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc So I hyperextended/sprained my knee last Monday... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270658)

displacedinMN 03-02-2013 08:45 PM

either way, we all hope it will be ok.

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9458576)
either way, we all hope it will be ok.

hey, thanks!

tooge 03-02-2013 09:52 PM

Get a MRI. It's impossible to diagnose whether or not you've torn a ligament with x rays or manipulation alone. Hope it's just sprained tho

Hootie 03-02-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9458802)
Get a MRI. It's impossible to diagnose whether or not you've torn a ligament with x rays or manipulation alone. Hope it's just sprained tho

Gay. ****.

I don't want this to be the end of my sports career.

MOhillbilly 03-02-2013 09:58 PM

Sweep the leg!

Carlota69 03-02-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458815)
Gay. ****.

I don't want this to be the end of my sports career.

Well, it could be the end if you dont fix what's wrong. If you fix it, even an ACL tear or any other tear, your career won't be over. Just delayed. From what I Hear, and will find out in time, is that once you fix the knee, it's stronger and better than ever.

Reaper16 03-02-2013 11:29 PM

I hurt my knee in a similar fashion playing flag football in September 2010. My swelling wasn't quite as bad as yours, though. I didn't see anyone about it and just let it heal. It took well over a month for my limp to go away.

In58men 03-02-2013 11:37 PM

That would have put DMC on IR

Old Dog 03-02-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458462)
I don't think I'd be able to cut, run and do the things I did on my knee after the injury if I tore ligaments...and the doctor checked the stability of my knee and poked and prodded each ligament to see where it was hurting and felt like he didn't think I could have a tear...

I mean...I was doing post routes and out routes at 70% or so...if I had an ACL I don't think I could do that.

My daughter tore her ACL and PCL near the end of basketball season her junior year and played the last four games with a brace. She said it hurt like hell, but she was told by the MD, "It isn't like you're going to do much more damage, we're gonna have to cut it anyway". A 2nd MD said essentially the same thing so I let her play. She was probably only 70-75%, but still much more effective than the replacement would have been.
A week after the State tournament, she had surgery.

Moral of the story: Get the damn thing checked, you don't know what could be up.....but you ain't gonna die. Play until you see a doc if you feel up to it.

As an aside, ligament tears don't have an abnormally large amount of swelling.

Ming the Merciless 03-02-2013 11:56 PM

does it hurt if you tap or bump it with an object or against like a solid wall?

Dallas Chief 03-03-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9458505)
Baby, I'm telling you get an MRI. I could bend as well, but couldn't straighten it. I still can't, but we are working on that now. I was shocked to find out that I tore ligaments. Blown away actually. But it was true. Don't do yourself an Injustice and not get the full details.MRI. It doesn't hurt to get one, and it will tell you everything you be to know. Also, if you have torn anything, make sure you get the orthopedic working on your local pro teams. A surgeon who works with athletes. Very important.

Good pills?

BlackHelicopters 03-03-2013 07:03 AM

Breaking up a poorly thrown pass. What was Cassel doing in your flag football league?

Carlota69 03-03-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9459382)
Good pills?

No Baby, that's just how I talk. Besides, I have been managing knee surgery recovery on Advil and Tylenol alone. Which makes me happy. I did get the nerve block tho and that numbed my leg for over 30 hours. I have the good pills and the good "shit" ( you know Mary Jane), but sor far, haven't had to use it:)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-03-2013 09:34 AM

Doesn't sound good. Get that MRI.

Though some African tribes say that urinating on the injured limb has a great effect on recovery :)

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 09:44 AM

Seriously, get the MRI.

I tore up my knee playing golf at the Lake of the Ozarks a few years back, and was able to finish the round, and play another. So don't go by your ability to get around. Get it thoroughly checked out.

Hell, I had one of the best orthos in the nation as my doc, (surgeon for Olympians and Pro athletes) and even he didn't see all of the damage until he went in for surgery. Even a MRI doesn't necessarily show everything.