ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bruno Mars to be Super Bowl XLVIII halftime performer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275959)

tecumseh 09-07-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9947961)
Hell yeah...

That would be cool. AC/DC maybe, although Brian Johnson's voice is toast I.M.O.

dallaschiefsfan 09-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9947957)
I think the Foo Fighters would be a good choice.

THIS. A 1000 times this...a band that the whole world has heard of.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 09-07-2013 08:39 PM

Bruno is washed up already? Surprised if they wanted someone still relevant they didn't get Timberlake.

Easy 6 09-07-2013 09:01 PM

He's a talented guy, sounded good when I watched him on SNL... but he's not exactly a household name, not big enough for the worlds biggest stage IMO.

HoneyBadger 09-07-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9947658)
It always amazes me that the NFL can screw such a simple thing up. Get a well-known artist that appeals to the masses of your biggest demographic that watches both the SB and the typical regular season games. Practically everyone watches the SB...so why worry about any new demos. Get a band/artist that the typical football fan knows and I might not turn the TV off during the stupid halftime show.

Pop is the masses. Pop=popular music. You're stupid.

A Salt Weapon 09-07-2013 09:52 PM

I've only heard a few of his songs but he has a good voice and in at least the couple songs I heard some meaning to his words not just random garbage to rhyme at least it's original.
That said I've never watched the halftime show and don't see me starting any time soon.(kind of like casshole)

Megbert 09-07-2013 09:59 PM

I had tickets to see Janelle Monae (From the 'Dotte) and Bruno Mars on their Hooligans tour. Had a meet and greet with Monae she was really cool. Thankfully Janelle Monae played first. We left before Mars played. All the teenyboppers around us were saying things like "OH EM GEE this woman is SO WEIRD" while she was performing. Bruno is talented but not my cup o' soup.

pkane 09-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9947323)
Used to think he was lame based on his songs but he is definitely talented. He won me over with his SNL pandora skit

http://vimeo.com/m/70732934

Speaking of that skit...it's on right now.

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9947957)
I think the Foo Fighters would be a good choice.

Dave's taking a break but from what I've been told, he and Taylor are writing for a new album to be recorded in 2014.

GloryDayz 09-07-2013 10:12 PM

I still vote for "All the non-SB cheerleaders Jello wrestling (against the SB cheerleaders)"! One day I hope...........

Easy 6 09-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9948994)
I still vote for "All the non-SB cheerleaders Jello wrestling (against the SB cheerleaders)"! One day I hope...........

It sure as hell wont happen under Goodells watch, we're lucky to not get a half hour lecture on how changing the fundamentals of the game is the right thing to do, from him.

GloryDayz 09-07-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9949012)
It sure as hell wont happen under Goodells watch, we're lucky to not get a half hour lecture on how changing the fundamentals of the game is the right thing to do, from him.

I guess the girls could get concussed...

****!

Carlota69 09-07-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9947911)
Bruno's a good performer and not grossly overexposed like Maroon 5, J.T., Bouncey and others. Kinda suprised they didn't package the show with more "artists". Back to your post Carlotta, who do you think would be a good canidate for the gig?

Foo Fighters would be a good choice, a great choice actually. Safe enough, but appeals to the demo. Metallica actually as well. Granted they may not be able to do Master of Puppets, but Enter Sandman would be safe and still appeal to the demo.

Then of course there's probably strong country artist that are safe yet appeal to the football demo. Not sure who that would be, but I'm us there's a Foo Fighters of country. Pop wise, JT hands down. He is the current King of pop and its hard to hate him the dude is so cool.

WhawhaWhat 09-07-2013 10:37 PM

Better than rolling out a bunch of old farts that peaked 30-40 years ago.

crossbow 09-07-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9947157)
I read the other day that he's 5'5. It was interesting because he looks taller than that on tv.

Well yeah he looks taller because his hair is about 1'5" so the illusion is that he is six and a half feet tall.