ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Will never, EVER, use FedEx again... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282954)

stonedstooge 04-12-2014 05:57 PM

Fed Ex man tried to steal my package. I was watching the tracking on it and the day he was supposed to deliver it he never came down my road. I live on a state lake that has very few houses and roads. I called in and the lady told me they would talk to the driver and they would get right back with me. Never called back. Called again the next day and got the people that can't speak Engrish. They would call back within 48 hours or some bullshit. Never called back, so I called them again.

Again got the non-English speaking dudes. I kept on telling him I couldn't understand what he was saying. He started spelling out words, but I couldn't understand the letters he was saying. FInally got "corner" out of him. Walked about 1/4 mile down my road and the package was sitting at a house that I don't know if I've ever seen anyone at.

I think the FedEx man was going to steal it, but since I called so quickly and kept on it, he came in at night and left it down the road from me.

NEVER will use them and I'll request a different service if someone wants to send it to me with FED EX

TribalElder 04-12-2014 06:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IpUFDlP.jpg

Fishpicker 04-12-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10558292)
If you did not take photos of the quality of the comic right in the store before they packed it you are A, ****ed. B wasted the money and ****ed and lastly C, ****ed because your claim will be denied if the receiver says they did not come in your NM condition.

those bases are covered. I examined the comics. I took notes on the condition and shipped the notes along with the comics. I also took digi-photos and have already sent them to the the receiver by email. The receiver is a friend of mine and I gave the comics to her as a gift so I'm sure she will back my claim. I've learned the hard way that comics get damaged during shipping pretty frequently. I'm just stressed about it because I declared the value at $100 which is about what I would sell them for. But, If I were to buy replacements from a comic store, I would end up paying more.

listopencil 04-12-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10557551)
What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little bitch ass was gonna get yo homie Rausch.

Technology. I am come from the analog time because I seem to see today's world from the perspective of the younger ones can not do, it's because they have nothing to compare to. I am 40-baby boom, and to view the "blindness" of the young is deeply depressing.

I mean precisely that, by and large, have now become slaves of machines. When Jesus never came, saw computer technology and the Internet as a savior. Look around, everywhere people standing and staring at a computer screen! Take any workplace, doctor, bookseller, go in every single place, use your eyes and your brain, and think!Outrageously!

This "computer prostitution" many are forced to, in order to have food on the tables. Unequivocally, it takes several times longer today to perform an errand, than 20 years ago.Everywhere, everywhere, codes and other things should be kept in the head, to write them down, then they may be stolen and exploited. And is made.

Are there any who can deny it unbearably lengthy procedures surrounding everything from a cup of coffee, a great deal?And if the power goes out, it stops everything! Everything!Pharmacy, medical center, hospital, train, plane, everything stops, and even business doors!

The Internet has become the criminals and the self Sick great forum! All that evil is rampant as weeds, and everything just spreads.

My suggestion: Shut down the internet! You can not have gone too far, says surely you. Non! Return the Internet to the Military Department, if at all, before everything collapses. Scrap maybe there too.

Human beings are designed for analog technology = hands that move towards a meter. It's all come from the discovery of the sundial. So we measured the first time sooner. Our genes are "analog". If someone says that the clock is for example 13:47, what does that say?Nothing, hard to understand. But looking at an analog clock, and you understand immediately!

What do you others who have "stuck in the trap"?

GESteve 04-12-2014 07:27 PM

PS3 and Mc Donald's god your woman must just cream every time she she's you

FloridaMan88 04-12-2014 11:28 PM

UPS and DHL are worse.

And of course there is always the US Postal Service…

Straight, No Chaser 04-12-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GESteve (Post 10558513)

:clap:

I think it was the McDonald's run myself.

NewChief 04-13-2014 06:54 AM

My wife very often has to ship time sensitive items to people in her line of work (wedding invitations that need to get somewhere by X date). These things are often valued at several thousand dollars. More importantly, it pretty much ****s up someone's wedding if they can't send out their invitations that they paid thousands of dollars for.

Long way of saying: we've had some horror story experiences with all of the shipping companies. There is nothing like watching the routing of a package, see it get to the town where it's supposed to go, find out it wasn't delivered and see it head back your direction then having it get lost in mail limbo and no one be able to tell you where it is. All the while the the bride is calling you on a daily basis freaking out, wondering when her invites are going to arrive, and you're unable to really do anything about it because of the incompetence of the shipping service.

You can claim for the insurance amount, but reprinting in time for the mail out is often impossible by then... so basically the people's wedding invitation process would be ****ed. Luckily, we've yet to have a truly disastrous one, thanks to hours and hours on the phone with the shipping service CSRs getting matters sorted out. The nice thing about our line of work is that the CSRs are usually pretty sympathetic and try hard to recover things when you explain that it's someone's wedding that's being ruined.

TEX 04-13-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GESteve (Post 10558513)

LMAO

Wonder if McDonald's got the order right???

Rausch 04-13-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10558993)
LMAO

Wonder if McDonald's got the order right???

The wife delivers and she isn't rough with my package...:D

Fishpicker 04-13-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10558992)
My wife very often has to ship time sensitive items to people in her line of work (wedding invitations that need to get somewhere by X date). These things are often valued at several thousand dollars. More importantly, it pretty much ****s up someone's wedding if they can't send out their invitations that they paid thousands of dollars for.

Long way of saying: we've had some horror story experiences with all of the shipping companies. There is nothing like watching the routing of a package, see it get to the town where it's supposed to go, find out it wasn't delivered and see it head back your direction then having it get lost in mail limbo and no one be able to tell you where it is. All the while the the bride is calling you on a daily basis freaking out, wondering when her invites are going to arrive, and you're unable to really do anything about it because of the incompetence of the shipping service.

You can claim for the insurance amount, but reprinting in time for the mail out is often impossible by then... so basically the people's wedding invitation process would be ****ed. Luckily, we've yet to have a truly disastrous one, thanks to hours and hours on the phone with the shipping service CSRs getting matters sorted out. The nice thing about our line of work is that the CSRs are usually pretty sympathetic and try hard to recover things when you explain that it's someone's wedding that's being ruined.

good points. I've called UPS twice this week. they have an voice activated automated phone system. it will give you several options. even though the speak to CSR option isn't listed while on the phone, you can say speak to representative and you'll get through. This works for a lot of companies that have the same type of phone system, even though the option isn't listed when you call.

Chief Roundup 04-13-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10557524)
Apparently Sony Inc. ships their packages super duper high priority and a 3rd party was hired out to deliver mine (read: any asshole with a van.) Even though this guy was tracked to still be in my town I have to now pay (****ing PAY) to have him leave the package here today.

How is this FedEx's fault? Sounds like Sony is the one that screwed up the delivery. :shrug:

mikeyis4dcats. 04-13-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10558264)
I mailed off some valuable comic books earlier this week. I've kept them in VF/NM condition for 10 years. I took them to UPS so I could use their pack and ship guarantee. They're insured for $100. The lady at the UPS store was treating them roughly as soon as I handed them over. I watched her pack them and she did a sloppy job with nothing other than bubble wrap. I told her that I didn't think bubble wrap by itself was sufficient protection. I then asked her to use cardboard to sandwich the comics. cardboard/comic/cardboard/comic/cardboard and so on. The lady actually told me straight to my face that she didn't have any cardboard in the entire store. I pointed out that she had a mountain of cardboard boxes behind the counter. I even asked If I could buy some cardboard. She asked me to leave the store. On my way out, I said: Okay, you're on the hook for $100.

Sheesh, i would have packed them myself but, in order to utilize the pack and ship guarantee, they have to do the packing.

I called the store the next day and asked to speak to a manager. The same lady picked up the phone. I then asked how I could contact the store owner. the lady on the phone said: Speaking.

Ugh. that cost me $25. I've been tracking the package and it still hasn't been delivered 5 days later. So now I'm wondering, do they even honor their guarantee or will they dispute the claim? (or) Will I have to take this lady to small claims court?

why would you trust someone else to pack something valuable, irreplacable, or fragile?

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10558065)
I really hate how fedex and ups have turned to just ringing the doorbell and then leaving the package on the doorstep or tossing a sticky on your door after only pressing the doorbell once.

a ups & fdx driver normally has about 100 deliveries and 50 pickups a day give or take....

Just do the math on that for a second and divide it by 10 hours a day and you will understand why they can't take 10 mins to deliver every stop...

Carriers mess up from time to time and it takes a long time to dig out from bad weather .. We were shut down for 2 days down south here due to the ice, but those loads of freight from the parts of the country unaffected by the weather continues to pile up.. So take 2 days off and then you are 2 days behind on a dock that is already busting at the seams with capacity... It's organized kaos...

Most drivers don't want to take a box back they already carried to your porch because they have to bring it back tomorrow and it just makes more work for him.

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10558992)

You need to use FedEx Priority Overnight
If it fails to make service, heads may roll

Costs more but if it's that time sensitive, you have to do what you have to do.