ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics People and their technology annoy the shit out of me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269290)

Floridafan 01-25-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9349729)
wait for their kids when these current asshole kids raise them. It's a downward spiral.

Yep, this country is in for a world of shit in the not to distance future.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:12 AM

Most likely you are just Old School.
No worries, I am to. I just don't get the purpose of things like Facebook, texting your pals all day etc..I mean it has its place, and I do use it when needed.
In fact my big gripe is meeting someone for a social beer, and them having them check their phone every second or text while your trying to have a conversation with them.
Its not going to get any better for people like us.

Strongside 01-25-2013 08:16 AM

And yet here you are...on a message board...on a computer...connected to the internet.

...You better not be at a basketball game.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9349829)
And yet here you are...on a message board...on a computer...connected to the internet.

...You better not be at a basketball game.

True.
But don't you think that is different?
Not a soul in my office and just catching up on the drama of CP.

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349610)
I've sat through 6 hour dance recitals to see my kid do 4 dances out of 60. I really don't care that some adults don't have the capacity to pay attention to the kids they're there to pay attention to. You do it because you love and support your kids and by paying attention you get an appreciation for all the hard work they put in... plus it brings you closer to them. It's important to them that loved ones care enough to watch and clap and yell their name. ipad bitch doesn't get it and scores no points.

I know this is true. I sat through my daughter's first dance recital last May. Same type of deal. Had to sit through 4 hours of mostly people I didn't know only to see her do 3 routines and also join the whole group at the end. It was excruciating but I enjoyed watching her. :thumb:The things we do for our children.

But yeah, I agree. The iPad woman needs a lesson in how to be a good parent.

cookster50 01-25-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9349851)

But yeah, I agree. The iPad woman needs a lesson in how to be a good parent.

Next time OP sees her, he should shart on her.

Chiefshrink 01-25-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349628)
It's not sad, he's putting wasted time to good use at least.

Wasted time ? Good use ?? It's called DENIAL and PRETENTIOUSNESS and not having a life outside of your phone. The non-stop ability to be SELFISHLY F'N RUDE whether intentional or not !! Many millions are addicted and must be entertained 24/7 and can't resist just like children who have discovered the mailbox for the first time. It's Xmas for them 24/7 !! What did I get today in my phone ????? And they can't stop-24/7 !!!!

Make this rule for yourself so that you are courteous to all and create emotional discipline for yourself and don't come off as a jerk. When it comes to family and friends and their special events that you have been invited to as Johnny Fever said "put the F'N PHONE AWAY !!! IF it is something urgent and time sensitive let your host know. You look like a million dollars when you do this. But IF YOU DON'T, the moment you pull your phone out whether you mean it or not you just made a HUGE STATEMENT without saying anything verbally at all. (You and your event are boring and I need to be entertained 24/7 !!) Family and friends don't need to compete with your phone !!!

Let's go back 25-35 yrs and think about when you were a kid and you got invited for a sleep over at your friend's house. You get there and immediately ask to use their phone. You never hang up and are talking to your other friends all night long totally ignoring your host friend !!! How RUDE IS THAT ???? This is the equivalent of what you are doing at family and friends special events !!! BE PRESENT AND ENGAGED !!

This younger generation is also emotionally stunted because of all this technology which enables emotional immediate gratification expectations at all times thus the divide becomes larger between the youth and older generations.

The youth (40 and younger) need to develop some phone manners and emotional discipline !!:rolleyes:

There ! I feel better now.;)

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 09:32 AM

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/120/mylawnlarge2.jpg

Chiefshrink 01-25-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9350010)

Pretty much !!:thumb:

Strongside 01-25-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9349840)
True.
But don't you think that is different?
Not a soul in my office and just catching up on the drama of CP.

lol I was just ribbing the OP. I hate that shit too. Seems like every time I go to dinner with my GF everyone around us is buried in their cell phones and not saying a word to each other. We've made it a habit to leave our phones in the car when we go into a restaurant. Try it sometime...it's actually great.

HC_Chief 01-25-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350050)
lol I was just ribbing the OP. I hate that shit too. Seems like every time I go to dinner with my GF everyone around us is buried in their cell phones and not saying a word to each other. We've made it a habit to leave our phones in the car when we go into a restaurant. Try it sometime...it's actually great.

Dinner rule: everyone places their mobile devices face-down on the table. First one to pick it up & use it, pays the check.

Bwana 01-25-2013 10:00 AM

Heh, I was traveling earlier this week and some Nancy Boy driving a minivan was weaving all over the road in front of me doing 35 in a 70 MPH zone. I thought he was liquored up but when I passed him he was on his cell phone. I gave him the one finger salute, what a douche.

CaliforniaChief 01-25-2013 10:02 AM

We've never been so connected and yet so isolated at the same time. People don't even know how to talk to each other anymore.

Demonpenz 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

people have boring ass lives anyway. If everyone got off their phones they would tell you their story of Jenessa in accounting or some other boring shit like that. **** em....rather look at cat videos.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

Post from a friend of mine on FB last night:

So im at my daughters basketball game tonight, and this rude, 40ish smelly guy sits right next to me all game and keeps looking at me. He reeked of beer. Disgusting!