ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Apple can suck my balls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228908)

AustinChief 06-08-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6807703)
I'm at a disadvantage hearing wise but I honestly don't think I could tell a difference.

Not a pro-Apple stance. I just literally have never gotten people who could tell the difference in audio outputs.

I have pretty good hearing but I have a hard time hearing a significant difference in any of them myself, truth be told.

Fish 06-08-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6807703)
I'm at a disadvantage hearing wise but I honestly don't think I could tell a difference.

Not a pro-Apple stance. I just literally have never gotten people who could tell the difference in audio outputs.

I hate to admit, but I've formed an opinion through a combination of listening to the same music on both through high quality headphones, home theater system, and really low quality speakers testing the same songs.

The difference is very noticeable. I think part of that has to do with my Sansa with Rockbox having a very nifty EQ system that's actually accurate. That makes a big difference for sure.

That's not saying that the iPhone output is bad. But the Sansa output is really better.

SpankyMcSpank 06-09-2010 02:16 AM

What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g Ipad), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

irishjayhawk 06-09-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankyMcSpank (Post 6808822)
What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g iTouch Senior Citizen Edition), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

I can tell you Apple doesn't see it this way. Android is Microsoft all over again.

Better substance, though.

Shag 06-09-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankyMcSpank (Post 6808822)
What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g iTouch Senior Citizen Edition), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

I really don't think the average joe cares, or necessarily even wants, a highly customizable phone. I think one of the draws of the iPhone is that it's simple to operate, and it just works. You don't have to be a techie to have a cool, highly functional phone - the closed OS and app store really make things foolproof for the average user. I think if the iPhone were available on more carriers, it would far outpace Android phones in market share, and I'm not sure it would even be close. With the single-carrier model, it'll be closer, but I still think the end result will be the same.

Now, power users are a different story - I could see Android surpassing the iPhone for this demographic, due to the openness, and the frequent hardware "one-upping" that is inevitable. However, this is a small segment of a very large population...

007 06-23-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6796652)
No.. unfortunately that's one of the rare models you can't load Rockbox onto. Well, technically you can, but it's supposed to be pretty unstable.

There's a list of supported devices on the Rockbox page: http://www.rockbox.org/

This is no longer true. All versions of the clip are supported now. :thumb:

Time to do some testing.

Stryker 06-23-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6807846)
I have pretty good hearing but I have a hard time hearing a significant difference in any of them myself, truth be told.

This. I have a regular Creative Labs MP3 player an iPhone and an iPod. The iPod is in my car and sounds fantastic. All my music is in 320. I use WinAmp as well as iTunes on my home PC. I have never had an issue with iTunes and music. All 3 players sound good to me.

The only thing I hate about iTunes is the BS you have to go through if you change OS's or want to use a device on another PC (i.e. work and home).

loochy 06-23-2011 08:02 AM

When I had an iPod I NEVER used iTunes. I refuse to put that, with it's spyware-esque QuickTime, onto my machine.

I used Winamp and I loved it.

I was pretty happy with my iPod shuffle too...until I accidentally smashed it at the gym. I just use my (DROID!!) phone for music now.

Stryker 06-23-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7711187)
When I had an iPod I NEVER used iTunes. I refuse to put that, with it's spyware-esque QuickTime, onto my machine.

I used Winamp and I loved it.

I was pretty happy with my iPod shuffle too...until I accidentally smashed it at the gym. I just use my (DROID!!) phone for music now.

Above your avatar should say "Now back to the good part!" LMAO

Braincase 06-23-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 6794920)
Only because of the first generation Zune. Anyone who's actually used the HD can tell it's a vastly superior device.

Yep. I have the 64GB Zune HD. For the most part, I listen to audiobooks (Audible.com, Overdrive), but when I watch a vid on it, it's solid. Love the Zune store, and I get to keep 10 songs a month. If I have my own MP3's and WMA's, it's no problem adding, either. Oh, and the wireless access is solid.

Mr. Laz 06-23-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6791105)
Apple can suck my balls

Apple is still the best ball sucker in the world!!/Silock

MoreLemonPledge 06-23-2011 02:45 PM

I was thrilled when I was finally rid of the iPhone. I ****ing hated it.

Silock 06-23-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7711579)
Apple is still the best ball sucker in the world!!/Silock

There's an app for that.

Mr. Laz 06-23-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7712294)
There's an app for that.

:p

007 06-23-2011 10:43 PM

Wow, Rockbox is incredible. What an improvement in sound quality. Maybe I won't upgrade my iPod Touch now.