ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

DenverChief 01-13-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10368206)
Except those Catholics were not the people most people think of when they hear "love thy neighbor", the slogan "we intimidate those who intimidate others" is tied with brutality, murder, and corruption of the LAPDs CRASH division.

So you have two choices to defend your man. Either he is too stupid to actually research what slogan he is using in his article or he thinks that the police acting just as bad or worse then the criminals they are supposed to deal with is okay.

Which is it?

You have a chip on your shoulder - there is no point in continuing this discussion until you can be more reasonable.

Al Bundy 01-13-2014 08:59 PM

Hey Denverchief.. what do you think about those cops in Fullerton that beat the life out of that guy?

GloucesterChief 01-13-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10368233)
You have a chip on your shoulder - there is no point in continuing this discussion until you can be more reasonable.

No, I just pointed out that the guy you were quoting used the slogan of a notoriously corrupt and thuggish police organization as part of his 'I am a sheepdog' bluster.

You are the one defending him. I just don't like thugs regardless of the fact that they may be wearing a badge.

Dave Lane 01-13-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10367698)
Retired cop on a power trip. I'm shocked

Stand your ground. This is Florida you know. I'll bet the perp was wearing a hoodie to boot.

DenverChief 01-13-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10368255)
No, I just pointed out that the guy you were quoting used the slogan of a notoriously corrupt and thuggish police organization as part of his 'I am a sheepdog' bluster.

You are the one defending him. I just don't like thugs regardless of the fact that they may be wearing a badge.

And he used it as a part of his speech before the corruption was exposed. The fact they used it as a slogan doesn't change the basic premise of the slogan. The fact that you keep harping on that one finite point means you don't understand the bigger argument - you cannot see the forrest for the trees

DenverChief 01-13-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10368234)
Hey Denverchief.. what do you think about those cops in Fullerton that beat the life out of that guy?

I don't know much about it - but on its face it looks pretty bad on their part

MMXcalibur 01-13-2014 09:11 PM

Hehehe....."Lone Survivor"

GloucesterChief 01-13-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10368272)
And he used it as a part of his speech before the corruption was exposed. The fact they used it as a slogan doesn't change the basic premise of the slogan. The fact that you keep harping on that one finite point means you don't understand the bigger argument - you cannot see the forrest for the trees

When was that speech made?

If you are looking for good police work then that slogan is also bad. Police work shouldn't be about intimidation. It should be about protecting the rights of the populace. If you are going for intimidation you are hiring thugs and instilling a thuggish demeanor in your workforce. Shows of force and escalating violence become more important than actual good police work and using the least amount of force possible. Not exactly a great way to get the public on your side.

You wonder why people hate cops? The slogan "we intimidate those who intimidate others" goes a long way to explain it.

GloryDayz 01-13-2014 09:13 PM

Wow, a ****ing useless movie-texter gets off'd now we're here.... LOL!

beach tribe 01-13-2014 09:15 PM

Looks like he just forgot he was retired.

He is used to being able to make the world around him conform to his will.
Probably not the first innocent person he shot. He just wasnt on the clock this time.

DenverChief 01-13-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10368298)
When was that speech made?

If you are looking for good police work then that slogan is also bad. Police work shouldn't be about intimidation. It should be about protecting the rights of the populace. If you are going for intimidation you are hiring thugs and instilling a thuggish demeanor in your workforce. Shows of force and escalating violence become more important than actual good police work and using the least amount of force possible. Not exactly a great way to get the public on your side.

You wonder why people hate cops? The slogan "we intimidate those who intimidate others" goes a long way to explain it.

:spock: Do you know wheat the first level in the use of force model is?

November 1997 was the speech and Sept 1998 was the first arrest in the Rampart investigation

Brock 01-13-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10368298)

We bully the bullies (and everybody else)

beach tribe 01-13-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10368301)
Wow, a ****ing useless movie-texter gets off'd now we're here.... LOL!

Yeah. Great reason to kill someone .

You should join the academy bro.

J Diddy 01-13-2014 09:18 PM

Must have been pretty pissed about the price of popcorn.

Gravedigger 01-13-2014 09:25 PM

I'm sure more than obscenities were yelled, it sounds like one man threatened another without knowing what the other man had in his pocket. On the other hand you could say that the man shouldn't have gotten so heated over his texting being called out in a movie theater. If he would've just stopped texting and gone back to watching the movie, the crazy trigger happy 71 year old man wouldn't have capped him. This story paints the 71 as the bad guy but I'm sure the dead guy is no angel.