ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Panhandlers at McDonalds (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276656)

lcarus 09-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10019343)
Hell anyone see that 60 minutes report about people pretending to be homeless and they make over 50,000 a year doing it.

There are people here in Tulsa that are well known to do that. People have seen them park their 40,000 dollar SUVs a couple blocks from the interstate exit where they stand with a sign all day.

CanadianChiefs 09-25-2013 05:53 PM

Last winter, on a pretty cold day in November, there was a bum outside my old work begging in a sweater...odd because in my city of nearly 60,000 people, you might only see a bum begging twice a year.

Anyway, I gave him $2, and by the end of the work day about 4 hours later he's still outside, but was in clean, new, warm jacket. He must have went into the discount used clothes store beside my work and bought himself a jacket, after amassing probably $20 in change all day.

Felt pretty good about it, especially because I figured my money was going towards drugs/alcohol.

lcarus 09-25-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChiefs (Post 10019383)
Last winter, on a pretty cold day in November, there was a bum outside my old work begging in a sweater...odd because in my city of nearly 60,000 people, you might only see a bum begging twice a year.

Anyway, I gave him $2, and by the end of the work day about 4 hours later he's still outside, but was in clean, new, warm jacket. He must have went into the discount used clothes store beside my work and bought himself a jacket, after amassing probably $20 in change all day.

Felt pretty good about it, especially because I figured my money was going towards drugs/alcohol.

Yeah there was a young black gentleman outside QT one day. He was just sitting there, and I could tell he was reluctant to bother people for money. But he clearly needed it, and was polite in asking "Hey man I hate to ask for this but do you have any change?". All I had was a 5 so I just gave it to him. I figured I spend 5 dollars on crappy energy drinks and cigarettes and what not all the time so I might as well give it to him. I just dislike the ones that make up a complete bullshit story and are obviously strung out on whatever. They just waste my time and it irritates me. Because as soon as they start the story I know immediately it's a crock of utter shit, but they just keep going with it and I have to wait for them to finish before I tell them "sorry...no". I would just say "**** off" and cut them off when they start but I'm just not that way I guess.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2013 06:08 PM

Serious story, yeah I know, it's HogFarmer. But back when I was a youngster I remember my mom taking a homeless guy, she visited with him for a while and I guess she felt he just needed a break. She was influential in the community ,used to be campaign manager or Bob Dole when he was Kansas senator.

Anyway she took this guy, got him an apartment and lined him up a job with a local business and turned him loose. Don't know what happened to him afterwards but that impressed me and probably had some influence on the way I live my life now.

HoneyBadger 09-25-2013 06:18 PM

I don't give money to them because I don't support failure.

cabletech94 09-25-2013 06:37 PM

buddy of mine and i were eating at kfc last week. we were pretty much finished up and getting ready to leave, all of a sudden this dude was up on us.

said something about having a rough time. needed a ride just a few blocks and/or maybe some money. i was in my work truck (and blue collared work shirt). told him that i couldn't give rides in a company vehicle....he then asked for money again. i then said that i only had a debit card. he walked away mumbling something. as he walked through the restaurant across the street to the next restaurant. i did truly feel bad for him. but i did notice one thing. he was dressed extremely nice. like a pressed collared shirt, and dress pants. thought that was odd, but i feel that i did the right thing.

TLO 09-25-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10019343)
Hell anyone see that 60 minutes report about people pretending to be homeless and they make over 50,000 a year doing it.

WHAT AM I GOING TO COLLEGE FOR?

Bwana 09-25-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10019534)
WHAT AM I GOING TO COLLEGE FOR?

So you don't have to be a drag on society?

HonestChieffan 09-25-2013 06:54 PM

Obama Voters are everywhere these days. I try to help when I can. If I was at McD's for a breakfast, Ill be damned if I could look down on anybody. Gettin low when you are eating that shit and can belittle those less fortunate.

TLO 09-25-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10019550)
So you don't have to be a drag on society?

Solid point.

MOhillbilly 09-25-2013 07:40 PM

I only ever smacked one hobo.

I think

MOhillbilly 09-25-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10019448)
I don't give money to them because I don't support failure.

Most of them want to be hobos. To many of them it's an honor.

Demonpenz 09-25-2013 07:45 PM

I give them money because one of them maybe Jesus.

crossbow 09-25-2013 08:14 PM

I told the last guy that hit me up in a Wal-mart parking lot for money that he could expand his business exponentially if he got a portable credit card reader. Nobody uses cash anymore. He got pissed and asked me if I at least had a quarter. I laughed and kept walking.

Bugeater 09-25-2013 08:30 PM

After dealing with these people for two years when I was working downtown, I have no sympathy for any of them. They don't have any ****ing respect for anyone or their property.