ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Howard ready to be a Laker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261582)

The Bad Guy 07-19-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8753941)
Obviously they don't want a maxed out Brook Lopez...they want cap relief, picks, and an asset like Varejao that they can move again for more picks, etc.

If Brooklyn had the best deal, Dwight would be a Net.

Hennigan knows the Thunder want Varejao bad.

The Bad Guy 07-19-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8754039)
You are getting a 3rd team involved. You are no longer shopping Howard to other teams. You are looking for teams that want Bynum. Where are the Bulls? I can't think of any reason this "framework" deal goes any farther than the Nets deal. Orlando might as well release him. WTF are you going to rebuild with Varejao and a handful of mid-late first round picks?

They are also aiming to shed 2 awful contracts in Hedo and J-Rich in the process. That's a big chip for other teams to take. The cap relief for Orlando would be the biggest prize.

L.A. Chieffan 07-19-2012 06:17 PM

I want Howard but I dont want him. The guy seems more like a primma donna than usual.

However at this point, so much has happened that keeping Bynum, and keeping him happy, may be extremely difficult. I think theyve gone too far and need to trade for him.

Cleveland may be the one holding it up at this point without a guarantee from Bynum

L.A. Chieffan 07-19-2012 06:17 PM

It's funny but really the key trade of the entire offseason was Joe Johnson

Jerm 07-19-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8754038)
I think the GM has ****ed Orlando now too. Past and present.

Hennigan has a chance to acquire Bynum and doesn't want him.

Which is insane to me because contrary to reports I DO think he'd sign there long term.

They'd build the team around him and he'd basically be the star who they add onto...not to mention, they could give him a max deal.

Jamie 07-19-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8754072)
Which is insane to me because contrary to reports I DO think he'd sign there long term.

They'd build the team around him and he'd basically be the star who they add onto...not to mention, they could give him a max deal.

And he'd be stuck with the same overpaid middle of the road team that Howard couldn't win with. Orlando's best move is what they seem to be trying to do, which is to clear the books and bottom out, and try to draft another star.

scho63 07-19-2012 07:08 PM

NBA is turning into what baseball was a few years ago: 4 to 6 teams with all the best players and each year in the playoffs and nobody else in contention. Now baseball tweaked things and it's getting back to being competitive for many teams like football and growing attendance.

Basketball is going the wrong way- a few elite teams with all the stars and the rest of the league sucks! That's why attendance and revenues are down. No more Bird vs Magic, Jabbar vs Russell, Big E vs Willis Reed, Jerry West vs Oscar Robertson, DR J, Darryl Dawkins, Walt Frazier

ChiefsCountry 07-19-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8754127)
NBA is turning into what baseball was a few years ago: 4 to 6 teams with all the best players and each year in the playoffs and nobody else in contention. Now baseball tweaked things and it's getting back to being competitive for many teams like football and growing attendance.

Basketball is going the wrong way- a few elite teams with all the stars and the rest of the league sucks! That's why attendance and revenues are down. No more Bird vs Magic, Jabbar vs Russell, Big E vs Willis Reed, Jerry West vs Oscar Robertson, DR J, Darryl Dawkins, Walt Frazier

Oh brother another clueless fan.

Jerm 07-19-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 8754116)
And he'd be stuck with the same overpaid middle of the road team that Howard couldn't win with. Orlando's best move is what they seem to be trying to do, which is to clear the books and bottom out, and try to draft another star.

No they won't because presumably they're going to be able to shed at least one if not two of those horrible contracts.

jd1020 07-19-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8754144)
No they won't because presumably they're going to be able to shed at least one if not two of those horrible contracts.

They wouldn't be able to unload them on LA. They'd be making the trade for the 2nd best big man in the league that they would be able to keep beyond next season.

BIG_DADDY 07-19-2012 07:23 PM

We can only hope

alpha_omega 07-19-2012 07:23 PM

Just go already. This has been going on way too long.

-King- 07-19-2012 07:28 PM

Didn't really want Howard before but after getting Nash, I'm hoping we can get him. Howard would benefit from Nash much more than Bynum would IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 07-19-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 8754154)
Just go already. This has been going on way too long.

As of the past few weeks, its been Orlandos fault that a deal isn't done yet. They're really dragging their feet on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 07-19-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8754143)
Oh brother another clueless fan.

You have two things wrong in a short sentence...

I am far from clueless

And the fact that I used to spend big bucks at basketball games and now I spend ZERO means they lost a great fan with a nice revenue stream. Other friends are doing the same

You should never be in charge of marketing for any professional sports firm because you suck at it....