ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Is my landlord ****ing me? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315780)

vailpass 06-12-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13590816)
Apparently, though I could have sworn before that there was a charge to do so, and that is why I opted for auto-mailed checks.

Sounds like they are migrating away from check collecting/processing. As long as they offer you a no-charge e-option what's the issue?

Buehler445 06-12-2018 08:37 PM

Does his dick smell like shit?

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-12-2018 08:40 PM

I'm positive that is illegal for them to do that. Promptly tell them to go **** themselves and give them notice you are leaving at the end of you contract because of this .

and eat taco bell the last 5 days before leaving and don't flush the commode for that period. If the commode gets full shit in all the closets.

Edit ; Oh , and eat lots of beets so it turns your shit red, they won't mess with you then.

IowaHawkeyeChief 06-12-2018 08:42 PM

Did you ask them about the fee? Your bank could have returned your rent check when they deposited the check due to a bank error or funds not being available for withdrawal for when the check was presented. This is not saying you didn't have funds, these things happen. The landlords bank may have charged them a $25.00 fee for a returned check even though it was presented with the next deposit and paid.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-12-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13590885)
Did you ask them about the fee? Your bank could have returned your rent check when they deposited the check due to a bank error or funds not being available for withdrawal for when the check was presented. This is not saying you didn't have funds, these things happen. The landlords bank may have charged them a $25.00 fee for a returned check even though it was presented with the next deposit and paid.

Well now , that's a good point.

kccrow 06-12-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13590831)
The last company I rented from did something like this they added a massive fee for using your debit card to pay your rent online yet if you did "echeck" you didn't get a fee so it was ok in that regard just another hoop to jump through.

That's because making a payment with credit/debit actually costs a fee... We use the cheapest option in the business with Paypal Here and that costs 2.7% for swipe/tap/chip and 3.5% for keyed transactions. Most banks are far more expensive after all the fees get added up. It's easy to see why a company would charge $30+ on an electronic payment for average rent. It's kind of absurd to automatically charge it on cash/check payments even though there is some cost associated with that too. Perhaps they are doing e-check processing. Either way though, not in the lease is not in the lease.

MVChiefFan 06-12-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13590788)
Silent but deadly?

Solid But Diarrhea.

TimBone 06-12-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13590820)
Someone probably saw your Star Wars posters and thought, “let’s charge this queef a bogus fee.”

/the end.

LMAO

ArrowheadMagic 06-12-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13590896)
That's because making a payment with credit/debit actually costs a fee... We use the cheapest option in the business with Paypal Here and that costs 2.7% for swipe/tap/chip and 3.5% for keyed transactions. Most banks are far more expensive after all the fees get added up. It's easy to see why a company would charge $30+ on an electronic payment for average rent. It's kind of absurd to automatically charge it on cash/check payments even though there is some cost associated with that too. Perhaps they are doing e-check processing. Either way though, not in the lease is not in the lease.

Most likely e check...passing entire cost onto the consumer. Lease agreement probably has a "fee" agreement. Pay in cash.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 13590965)
Most likely e check...passing entire cost onto the consumer. Lease agreement probably has a "fee" agreement. Pay in cash.

There's no fee agreement in the lease.

It's a paper check sent out by the bank, too.

BWillie 06-12-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13590794)
Company must have gotten burnt by bad checks. I always wrote checks when I rented because I wanted a written record that I paid. I'm amazed by the people who rent who pay cash month to month. Of course most of them don't have an account at a bank either, which always amazes me as well.

Checks ****ing suck if you are a landlord. I've incurred about 6 bad checks in my time as a slumlord. I get charged for it, then have to worry about going back and getting the money again. It's a pain in the ass. I try to get them to pay me via Paypal or Venmo, if all possible. Cash with a receipt I give them. Then checks if they absolutely have to. Because people are pieces of shit with money.

With that said, total bullshit they add a check processing fee out of nowhere. If you wrote a bad check to them previously or something, and you never paid them their bounced check fee back, then I understand a little.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-13-2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13591029)
Checks ****ing suck if you are a landlord. I've incurred about 6 bad checks in my time as a slumlord. I get charged for it, then have to worry about going back and getting the money again. It's a pain in the ass. I try to get them to pay me via Paypal or Venmo, if all possible. Cash with a receipt I give them. Then checks if they absolutely have to. Because people are pieces of shit with money.

With that said, total bullshit they add a check processing fee out of nowhere. If you wrote a bad check to them previously or something, and you never paid them their bounced check fee back, then I understand a little.

Any time I've gotten a bad check I just contact them and if they won't cooperate I just take the check to the county attorneys office and drop it off. I ALWAYS get my money plus a $30 fee from the county attorney.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2018 04:30 AM

That's the MILF charge

splatbass 06-13-2018 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13590781)
Buy a home and stop throwing your money away.

This.

Nickhead 06-13-2018 04:49 AM

i shiver at the thought of renting now. :cuss: