ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Any thoughts on the potential ice storm this weekend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305075)

KS Smitty 01-09-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12672058)
I'm attempting to dump my tickets at this point. If I don't sell them and the forecast doesn't get too much worse, I'll still power through it and make the trip, but if I can get my money back, I'm bailing.

I could handle it if it were just a few hours' drive, but it's a 10+ hour trip for me in good weather.

Just leave Thursday. :)

BigRedChief 01-09-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

I'm attempting to dump my tickets at this point. If I don't sell them and the forecast doesn't get too much worse, I'll still power through it and make the trip, but if I can get my money back, I'm bailing.

I could handle it if it were just a few hours' drive, but it's a 10+ hour trip for me in good weather.

No way I'd plan to drive across Kansas with a weather forecast like this one. Even if you are careful, there are always idiots out there going way too fast.

Prison Bitch 01-09-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

PM me

KS Smitty 01-09-2017 09:59 PM

Already planning on buying bread, milk and eggs because it's not a winter storm unless we stock up on these 3 items, whether needed or not.

Seriously though, the only times I have ever lost control of my vehicle were due to ice, no stop, no go, no left, no right, just whatever track that pile of Detroit steel decides to take. Exhilarating yet terrifying.

I do have faith in the (in)accuracy of the weather forecasters, wbf.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-09-2017 10:02 PM

I was hoping to drive up from Springfield, but honestly this is pretty scary and I'm thinking about bailing. I really want to go to this game, but if the roads are icy, there's no way I can risk that.

wazu 01-09-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12672096)
No way I'd plan to drive across Kansas with a weather forecast like this one. Even if you are careful, there are always idiots out there going way too fast.

Yeah, but you live in Florida. Broward County, I believe. Incidentally the largest county in the hemisphere.

KChiefs1 01-09-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snica (Post 12671889)
if the roads are covered in ice the attendance will be shit on Sunday.

Squeeler fans will show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefEd 01-09-2017 10:13 PM

C'mon Man!!!! Each one of you that bail out risks another Black and Yellow jersey in the stands...

Snica 01-09-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefEd (Post 12672174)
C'mon Man!!!! Each one of you that bail out risks another Black and Yellow jersey in the stands...

Not really. I have no plans to miss this game but if I were to, those tickets are not going on the market for a sqealer fan. I would give them away before I sold them to a fan of another team.

BigRedChief 01-09-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12672153)
Yeah, but you live in Florida. Broward County, I believe. Incidentally the largest county in the hemisphere.

fun fact. Today Florida is the only state that doesn't have snow on the ground. 1 out of 50. Even Hawaii has snow.

Shawny2X4 01-09-2017 10:16 PM

Local guy here still on the fence about going. How do you think the forecast will affect ticket prices through the week?

Snica 01-09-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawny2X4 (Post 12672185)
Local guy here still on the fence about going. How do you think the forecast will affect ticket prices through the week?

They will drop like a rock come Saturday if this storm lives up to the hype.

ChiefEd 01-09-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snica (Post 12672175)
Not really. I have no plans to miss this game but if I were to, those tickets are not going on the market for a sqealer fan. I would give them away before I sold them to a fan of another team.

Good answer! I hope the majority feel that way instead of putting them up on-line somewhere...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-09-2017 10:18 PM

I'm flying in Friday. Am I good?

stumppy 01-09-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12671891)
We went thru that shit in sw mo a few years back. 10 days without power sucks

I was living in the armpit of Missouri. Everton. After 9 days without power I had had enough. Went to Springfield that morning, spent $7OO on a generator. The ****ing power came back on 3 hours after I got the generator up and running.:#
**** ice storms.