ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264168)

Nightfyre 09-24-2012 12:04 PM

Denver will not be looking for a QB.

the Talking Can 09-24-2012 12:05 PM

smith is going to be a top-5, likely top 2 pick...

we on the other hand are going to be picking around 15 (give or take)...

you do the Pioli Math on that...the start crying

Brock 09-24-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8945805)
smith is going to be a top-5, likely top 2 pick...

we on the other hand are going to be picking around 15 (give or take)...

you do the Pioli Math on that...the start crying

at least we were almost in it for a wild card berth to the very end.

mr. tegu 09-24-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8945792)
Possibilities:
KC
Oakland
Arizona
Buffalo
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Jets
49ers
Denver

The last three are doubtful. We need to hope Weeden and gabbert show some promise

Gabbert has actually put together back to back games that weren't complete garbage. And Weeden has performed better after his first week as well.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8945773)

His fan confidence and draft stock is dropping faster than Wendler to his knees in a gay bar...

probably a 2nd round Qb at this point.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8945856)
His fan confidence and draft stock is dropping faster than Wendler to his knees in a gay bar...

probably a 2nd round Qb at this point.

I think it's closer to a 5th or 6th. The guy looked like dogshit against K-State. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8945854)
Gabbert has actually put together back to back games that weren't complete garbage. And Weeden has performed better after his first week as well.

Gabbert is ascending.

Thank GOD we did not take a chance on him/TF Dumbass McDoodle-****er@!

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8945868)
Gabbert is ascending.

Thank GOD we did not take a chance on him/TF Dumbass McDoodle-****er@!

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan looks better than ever under Dirk Koetter (who couldn't get much out of Gabbert) and Gabbert looks better under Mike Mularkey (who had hit a ceiling with Ryan).

Sometimes, players need a new voice. Well, unless that player is Matt Cassel.

htismaqe 09-24-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8945896)
Sometimes, players need a new voice. Well, unless that player is Matt Cassel.

Matt, this is God. Stop playing with yourself.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8945860)
I think it's closer to a 5th or 6th. The guy looked like dogshit against K-State. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL at this point.

I was thinking 3rd.

The size and arm strength will get someone reaching, look at Foles.

I'll never understand why he didn't come out last year. The QB class after the first two was as soft as you'll ever see. There's no way he wouldn't have gone in the 1st round, IMO.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8945342)
He won't be there at 8.

By the end of the season there's going to be another "Luck v. RGIII" conversation w/ Barkley and Smith, though obviously a lesser edition of it. In the end, I don't think it's that unlikely that Smith takes the #1 overall away from Barkley.

I'm seeing less and less I like from Barkley every game. Ultimately I really wish that Murray was a couple inches taller because I've been more impressed by Murray than I have any of the other 'pocket' passers I've seen this season. If the draft was tomorrow and Murray came out early, I'd be the idiot that took him over the taller, more polished Barkley. And I still like Tyler Bray's tools more than both of them, though I haven't seen him play much this year and he's also likely to stay for his SR season.

Brace yourselves, Chiefs fans. But I think this may end up being a pretty shitty QB class. It looks like Geno and a fair number of underclassmen that will probably stay in (Wilson, Bray, Murray) and a few busts waiting to happen (Barkley, Manuel, Jones).

Geno or Bust in 2013!!!!

People knock Barkleys arm strength but watch this

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...991d4a70_large

The guy might be Matt Ryan/ Carson Palmer. Threads the needle there between a few defenders is able to look off his first read. That right there certainly is an improvement over Cassel and a great throw.

pr_capone 09-24-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8946538)
People knock Barkleys arm strength but watch this

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...991d4a70_large

The guy might be Matt Ryan/ Carson Palmer. Threads the needle there between a few defenders is able to look off his first read. That right there certainly is an improvement over Cassel and a great throw.

I challenge any person who wants Kasl Jr. in KC to fisticuffs.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8946550)

That's really not an accurate comparison though.

How bout a hug?

Discuss Thrower 09-24-2012 04:19 PM

What would it take to trade if KC winds up with a 12-20-ish selection? Would it take more than the DC deal to get RG3?

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8946550)

He's significantly better than Cassel. Cassel can't throw a ball hard enough to keep the noise down.

Barkley has some tools, I just don't think he's an elite QB. Honestly I'd have probably compared him to Flacco a couple of years ago in that you just wonder what it will take for him to get over the hump. Eventually he'd end up sliding into a career as a solid, but unspectacular QB. Flacco's probably right at the cusp of the top 10 and that's probably Barkley's upside as well, but the development process is a spooky think and he may not get there.

He's not a #1 overall caliber prospect, IMO. If he's there for us at 8, sure grab him (because it will almost certainly mean that Smith is gone). He'll be a solid starter in this league and a guy you can probably win with in a few years.

But he still doesn't jump off the page to me.