ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies so bad you couldn't even finish them (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273813)

Predarat 06-14-2013 10:05 AM

The 1st time I saw Rocky 4, I left the theatre sobbing when Apollo Creed died and did not return. Does that count?

Dayze 06-14-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9751773)
What the **** man? I actually liked "The Burbs".

I thought I would too. but man...I made it about a half hour into it. maybe it got better after that?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-14-2013 10:07 AM

The only movie I've ever walked out of was Eyes Wide Shut.

The worst movie I've ever seen was Short Cuts. I became physically angry watching that.

I would have relatively few to list because I am probably far too prejudiced in selecting films to potentially watch. I can zoom through hundreds of choices on Netflix and never even be tempted to select something.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-14-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9751777)
Oh come on. By the time they got to that ****tarded monster truck finale I wanted to stab somebody in the face with an icepick.

You have to embrace the essential terribleness of that movie. The dialogue is so bad and the plot is so implausible that I wonder if the director actually made it as an ironic critique of 80s action films.

Of course, you are talking to someone who would teach a seminar in 80s action films if such options were allowed to me.

DMAC 06-14-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9751775)
I don't get the Running Man hate, but I never did read the book. Typical campy Arnie, and Richard Dawson basically playing an evil version of his gameshow persona was great.

The book is brilliant. And nothing like the movie.

The Franchise 06-14-2013 10:11 AM

Oh....and I've never EVER walked out of the theater. All of the movies that I've stopped have been on DVD and at my house. I don't go to the movies as much as normal people do. For me to go to the theater....it has to be a movie that I really want to see and know that I'll like.

DMAC 06-14-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9751804)
Oh....and I've never EVER walked out of the theater. All of the movies that I've stopped have been on DVD and at my house. I don't go to the movies as much as normal people do. For me to go to the theater....it has to be a movie that I really want to see and know that I'll like.

YUP

MTG#10 06-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9751632)
Ooh! Forgot about that one! Me too. I walked out midway after she wandered next door and stared at the neon crucifix.

Same here. Dumbest ****ing movie scene ever. And the saddest part was that it didn't even help that it was only a dream.

L.A. Chieffan 06-14-2013 10:14 AM

I dont think Ive ever walked out of a movie in a theater. Ill usually stick it out if not at least to make fun of it.

MTG#10 06-14-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9751715)
Nacho Libre

Agreed. JB cracks me up most of the time but that was just terrible.

siberian khatru 06-14-2013 10:19 AM

C'mon, Tango and Cash is a fun movie. It doesn't take itself seriously.

"I wish I could be as forgiving, but I can't. Because ... this whole thing ... ****ING SUCKS!"

Now, Cobra ... that SUCKED, because it took itself way too seriously.

mr. tegu 06-14-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9751765)
I made it about ten minutes into Elf.

Haha. What exactly did you expect of that movie that would push you to start watching it but not finish it?

RealSNR 06-14-2013 10:23 AM

Never walked out of a theater.

I once rented The International starring Clive Owen and shut it off after 30 minutes. Boring, boring, boring, boring ****ing movie.

Mosbonian 06-14-2013 10:23 AM

I don't go to the movie theaters much lately since alot of people seem to forget the "turn off your cell phone" and "please don't talk during the movie" messages. It seems everyone wants to play Siskel and Ebert during the movie. So I mostly watch DVD's at home...some I watched recently and feel like I wasted my money:

The latest Die Hard
Hansel & Gretel (was hoping for better but got the same disappointment as I did from Snow White & The Huntsman)
The Great & Powerful Oz
Gangster Squad
Red Dawn (I actually liked Marine 3 with The Miz more than I liked this movie)

Amongst the older movies..

Battlefield Earth
Anything with Nicolas Cage (Other than the original National Treasure)
The Warrior and The Sorceress (if you have seen this movie you are older and none the wiser)
Cloud Atlas

DMAC 06-14-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9751837)
Anything with Nicolas Cage (Other than the original National Treasure)

I loved him in Kick Ass.

...cuz he burned