ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Snapping Turtles Be Gansta (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274815)

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835809)
Do you think that snappers in the wild only eat dead animals? This is exactly what happens in nature.

Many animals in captivity require live food, and won't eat dead food.

The point is this particular owner is doing this for entertainment, not for the good of the turtle, as they are omnivores, and certainly not for the benefit of the rats as the video cutely shows the rats playing around before they are dropped into that tank.

Like I said, doing it once, ok, it's pretty wild. Doing it over and over and over for giggles is overboard.

Donger 07-26-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835812)
Yeah, go hug cute puppy or something, PETA reerun.

That's not very mice.

lcarus 07-26-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835800)
I agree but this type of feeding is being done more for sick entertainment than for anything else. He could feed that turtle an apple, or a dead rodent and it will be fine. Feeding it a live animal and having said animal being ripped apart while still alive is going overboard IMHO. I can understand doing it once just to see it happen, but doing it over and over is a indictment of this owner's own sick mindset.

Jeffrey Dahlmer also tortured animals when he was a kid.

Yeah it's overboard, but god damn is it entertaining. Pet stores sell the mice as feeding mice, so who cares. They're rodents. We do experiments and shit on them.

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:41 AM

who wins in a fight.... Snapping Turtle or Honey Badger?

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9835816)
Oh sure, this is pretty twisted, but I really don't see it any differently than feeding a snake live mice.

Would you still say it's animal cruelty if he was feeding them live crawfish?

First, the mice natural habitat is not water. Feeding a live mouse to a snake is different because the snake gets it over with quickly, it doesn't rip the mouse apart as the mouse is swimming around underwater. The turtle is just being the turtle, but that turtle can also eat just about anything and be fine.

Crawfish, no, I'd have no problem with that as they crawfish are in their element to begin with and secondly, I bet the turtle more or less swallows it hole anyway.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835817)
The point is this particular owner is doing this for entertainment, not for the good of the turtle, as they are omnivores, and certainly not for the benefit of the rats as the video cutely shows the rats playing around before they are dropped into that tank.

Like I said, doing it once, ok, it's pretty wild. Doing it over and over and over for giggles is overboard.

Doing it once is ok, but more than that is wrong? What kind of logic is that?

Maybe he should sit that turtle down and ask it to kill its food in a nicer manner..

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9835820)
Yeah it's overboard, but god damn is it entertaining. Pet stores sell the mice as feeding mice, so who cares. They're rodents. We do experiments and shit on them.

Don't care. The point is this is cruel and unusual, that's the point.

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835829)
Doing it once is ok, but more than that is wrong? What kind of logic is that?

Maybe he should sit that turtle down and ask it to kill its food in a nicer manner..

now you are just arguing to argue. I said doing it once just to see what would happen I can understand, but once is once. Again, I have NO PROBLEM WITH THE TURTLE, it's the asshat feeding the turtle What don't you understand about this?

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:53 AM

I knew thered be some pussy liberal hippy denver fans in this thread that would call animal cruelty on those mice. It was a risk I was willing to take tho

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9835839)
I knew thered be some pussy liberal hippy denver fans in this thread that would call animal cruelty on those mice. It was a risk I was willing to take tho

lol, I'm far from liberal, go ahead and seach all my posts. I'm as conservative as it gets but I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835834)
now you are just arguing to argue. I said doing it once just to see what would happen I can understand, but once is once. Again, I have NO PROBLEM WITH THE TURTLE, it's the asshat feeding the turtle What don't you understand about this?

Turtles eat rodents all the time. It's a perfectly normal fact of life that happens in places called "Outdoors". Sorry about your feelings.

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835844)
lol, I'm far from liberal, go ahead and seach all my posts. I'm as conservative as it gets but I'm just calling a spade a spade.

woahhh a conservative denver fan? weve found a unicorn!!!!!!!

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835845)
Turtles eat rodents all the time. It's a perfectly normal fact of life that happens in places called "Outdoors". Sorry about your feelings.

Because you're a moron, I'll explain this a little more--out in nature, sure, the turtle eats what it eats and sometimes that may be a rodent. But in captivity, that is, not out in nature, that is, with a human being doing all the feeding, things change. Again, this owner is doing this for sick entertainment and yes, I think it's cruel.

But if you like it, fine. After all, you root for the crappiest team in the NFL so you gotta get your kicks somewhere, amirite?

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835850)
Because you're a moron, I'll explain this a little more--out in nature, sure, the turtle eats what it eats and sometimes that may be a rodent. But in captivity, that is, not out in nature, that is, with a human being doing all the feeding, things change. Again, this owner is doing this for sick entertainment and yes, I think it's cruel.

But if you like it, fine. After all, you root for the crappiest team in the NFL so you gotta get your kicks somewhere, amirite?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...rn-240x180.jpg

Fish 07-26-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835850)

No, things don't change at all. Animals don't lose their instinctual need to feed, and turn into little vegan pussies when in captivity. The only thing happening here, is you trying to apply your delicate feelings onto a perfectly normal animal feeding. Animals don't apply to your silly PETA hugging sensibilities, no matter if they're in the wild or in captivity.