ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Do you believe in ghosts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102623)

CosmicPal 10-29-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp
I don't believe in ghost but I'm not closeminded to the possibility

OH yes you are

Ghostof 10-29-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Next time you are alone at night, turn out every light in your house, go into the bathroom and light a candle and close the door. Stare into the mirror for 10 minutes or so. This is a cheap thrill no doubt but when your eyes are getting adjusted to the light you'll see your face super-imposed upon itself and the room being reflected in the mirror will really look like it's another room altogether. It kind of looks like a spirit(evil in my case) looking back at you from a chamber in hell(or somewhere similar).

No thanks, the last time I did that, Candyman appeared.

ChiefFripp 10-29-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
OH yes you are

I have no idea if ghost exist or not but I do know BS does and that people are likely to fool themselves into believing something when they can't explain things using every day circumstances. Just because I haven't seen something for myself though doesn't mean it's not possible.

cadmonkey 10-29-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
ROFL I was thinking the thing may have been chasing a small bug, but that could also explain it.

It was the middle of winter, in Mass. no bugs live past Oct., and he was following something like a dog following a person across the street

CosmicPal 10-29-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

I have no idea if ghost exist or not but I do know BS does and that people are likely to fool themselves into believing something when they can't explain things using every day circumstances. Just because I haven't seen something for myself though doesn't mean it's not possible.

Well, when you rule everything off as drunks, drug users, and staring into space you think of everything "spiritual" as nothing more than a psychological reaction.

I can assure you Fripp- I was just as skeptical, if not more so until I worked at the airport. (Read my post below for greater details).

I am not here to confirm these "things" are real, but I can tell you this- what happened a few times are most certainly not due to me staring into space, being drunk, or dropping acid. I was working.

If you can tell me how it went from 85 degrees to being 10 degrees at the snap of my finger, and at one time spreading my arm out to know that my hand was warm...if you can explain how this happened I'd like to know. Was it physical? No way. Was it the weather? Nope.

Trust me dude, I've been cold before- but it never scared the freakin sh*t out of me like it did then...

If none of you believe me- go to the airport some night yourself...you'll know then.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostof
Scariest thing I have ever seen, was this one time I was banging my ex and she kept moaning..oh and the handcuffs she had on were reminiscent of ghosts rattling chains.

Other than that....nope..nothing

Everyone loves a love story...

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

I don't believe in ghost but I'm not closeminded to the possibility. I do however believe in drunks, people with overactive imaginations, attention seekers, LSD users and people who can't explain things using everyday circumstances so they look to the 'unknown'.
Want to try something really freaky? Next time you are alone at night, turn out every light in your house, go into the bathroom and light a candle and close the door. Stare into the mirror for 10 minutes or so. This is a cheap thrill no doubt but when your eyes are getting adjusted to the light you'll see your face super-imposed upon itself and the room being reflected in the mirror will really look like it's another room altogether. It kind of looks like a spirit(evil in my case) looking back at you from a chamber in hell(or somewhere similar).

You have a lot of time on your hands don't you...

Rain Man 10-29-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
It was the middle of winter, in Mass. no bugs live past Oct., and he was following something like a dog following a person across the street

One of my cats will sometimes just stare at the ceiling. Then when I look, he grins and walks away. Cats have a funny sense of humor.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey

Maybe it was Satan...or Babe Ruth...

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
If none of you believe me- go to the airport some night yourself...you'll know then.

I believe you... of course I am drunk, on drugs and I have deep psycological and emotion issues bordering on deranged behavior....but at least I believe you.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
One of my cats will sometimes just stare at the ceiling. Then when I look, he grins and walks away. Cats have a funny sense of humor.

Do you ever hear him say "sucker" under his breath as he walks away?

ChiefFripp 10-29-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
You have a lot of time on your hands don't you...

...asks the man with the 5,000 post count. Some nights I do have alot of time on my hands, but then your wife calls.

Iowanian 10-29-2004 12:59 PM

whats that?!

shhhhhhhhhhh

I think there is a ghost in my office right now........I can hear a gurgling and moaning sound coming from my stomoch..........I'm sitting in my chair, alone, yet I'm feeling a little taller...........a little taller...........The room, feels different.......there is some kind of fog, and a new aroma is overpowering the room........

I must be possessed, because I'm pretty sure a Poltergeist of some kind is trying to Get oooooooout

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

POO!

seclark 10-29-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
shhhhhhhhhhh

I think there is a ghost in my office right now........I can hear a gurgling and moaning sound coming from my stomoch..........I'm sitting in my chair, alone, yet I'm feeling a little taller...........a little taller...........The room, feels different.......there is some kind of fog, and a new aroma is overpowering the room........

I must be possessed, because I'm pretty sure a Poltergeist of some kind is trying to Get oooooooout

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

POO!

that's what i call a halloween tail.
sec

Rausch 10-29-2004 01:08 PM

I've seen a lot of things I don't understand, but I don't know if they're ghosts or more rational explanation...