ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Arrowhead Atmosphere Yesterday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105328)

Rausch 11-29-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
So who actually gets loud and cheers when its 3rd and freaking 1? Do you think we have any chance of stopping them? I sure don't.

I did. I also noticed to false start penalties in a row. And a delay of game not long after.

And the people where I sat cheered their azzes off when LJ scored his first TD. Not in sarcasm, but in relief.

NewChief 11-29-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I did. I also noticed to false start penalties in a row. And a delay of game not long after.

I imagine you also noticed the 67 yard torching of our secondary from 2nd and 23 shortly afterward?

Yeah, it was great. Cheer and feel like you're helping them out, only to have your heart ripped out when they rip us apart from 2nd and 23. Disgusting.

beavis 11-29-2004 11:58 AM

It turns my stomach to see a defense as bad as ours. It's just bad football.

Rausch 11-29-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
I imagine you also noticed the 67 yard torching of our secondary from 2nd and 23 shortly afterward?

Yeah, it was great. Cheer and feel like you're helping them out, only to have your heart ripped out when they rip us apart from 2nd and 23. Disgusting.

Perhaps I don't use other people's failures as an excuse for me to give up...

Joe Seahawk 11-29-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd
Aghhh, it's the 80's all over again.

The first game I ever took my wife to was in the early 80's and it was a season opener. We were playing the Seahawks and they had a rookie stud RB, Warner I think?

The very first play of the game from scrimmage they pitched the ball to him and he went around the left side into the clear, and down the sideline all alone.

The guy in front of us stood up and yelled "Not on the very first play!" Funny how most things in life are cyclical.

Don't forget, he fumbled art the end of that 73 yard run and the Chiefs recovered, and we went on to lose by 3 points.. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
.... They're just trying to get more value out of their entertainment dollar. If you already knew the ending to a movie, would you watch it in the theater or wait for it to come out in broadcast form?....

Kinda like the "Rocky Horror Picture Show?" How appropriate is that? Eh, I see now...... :thumb:

Next time, I'm bringin' a raincoat and "toast" to the Denver game.... :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

I don't think most of us have "given up;" I haven't.

Maybe they'll fire CP; maybe they'll draft an impact Defensive player or two; maybe they'll sign a couple of quality WRs and other FAs; maybe our draft next year won't suck..... :thumb:

With this offense, even if two of those things happen, we'll be back to 13-3 next year....er, make that 12-4, please.

I'm on the 2006 Chief's Superbowl Party Train, anyone else with me!!!

HELL, YEAH!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Phobia 11-29-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you, Anthony Robbins. If that is the case, then why would you use other people's success to feel good about yourself?

NFL fandom is a crazy, unexplained phenomena. Some people become one with the team as though they were part of the ownership group. Others beat the team up like a red-headed stepchild. The funniest part about it is that every faction feels they are responding correctly and everybody else is wrong.

NFL fans are easily the funniest cross-section of America to observe.

Skip Towne 11-29-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I'll be there for the Denver game. It would be nice to see the lot of you before the offseason.

There won't be anyone there. You gave them advance warning.

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
There won't be anyone there. You gave them advance warning.

Hey, Skip....you better be nice. :shake:

Saul brings some quality bud to B5, dude. :thumb:

Dartgod 11-29-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
Saul brings some quality bud to B5, dude. :thumb:

Bullshit...

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Bullshit...

Just cause he didn't share with you?

:p

His budweiser, that is...

;)

go bo 11-29-2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
Just cause he didn't share with you?

:p

His budweiser, that is...

;)

budweiser my ass...

well, maybe not my ass... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
budweiser my ass...

well, maybe not my ass... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ROFL

Rausch 11-29-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Thank you, Anthony Robbins. If that is the case, then why would you use other people's success to feel good about yourself?

Because I enjoy football, and the Chiefs are my team.

Of course I enjoy it less when they play like poop, but I'm not going to let it change the way I enjoy my Arrowhead experience. Just like I'm not going to let the Eagles winning ways make me an eagle fan.

As a betting man you want to do everything in your power to slide the odds in your corner. Homefield noise isn't a huge advantage, but it isn an advantage. In a season where one or two plays a game has changed the outcome I'll try and help provide that advantage.

This week it didn't give us a win, but next week it might.

Quote:

NFL fandom is a crazy, unexplained phenomena. Some people become one with the team as though they were part of the ownership group. Others beat the team up like a red-headed stepchild. The funniest part about it is that every faction feels they are responding correctly and everybody else is wrong.

NFL fans are easily the funniest cross-section of America to observe.

Agreed.

And I understand the frustration. In 95 I lost my temper and ended up staying the night at a friends house. 97 pissed me off for years. I've just decided to change the way I look at being a fan because I've changed my outlook in general.

Tony Robbins... ROFL