ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who thinks Marty will choke this game away? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105758)

Brock 12-06-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
At this point, about all we have in terms of cachet for our team, is the knowlegibility of our fans. And when we're on here laughing at how sorry someone who has just punked us a week ago, and then beat their only competition for the division this week, that sliver of credibility starts to slide as well.

I have a suspicion that you didn't like people bagging on Schottenheimer when he was 4-12 either. Sorry, dude. The man is just another lackluster coach to me now. He's been gone a long time, and I reserve the right to laugh at his failings just like I do Shanahan's no matter what the Chiefs record is.

Baby Lee 12-06-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
I have a suspicion that you didn't like people bagging on Schottenheimer when he was 4-12 either. Sorry, dude. The man is just another lackluster coach to me now. He's been gone a long time, and I reserve the right to laugh at his failings just like I do Shanahan's no matter what the Chiefs record is.

And my point is that looking upon him locking up the division yesterday as a failing makes you look like an idiot.

Brock 12-06-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

And my point is that looking upon him locking up the division yesterday as a failing makes you look like an idiot.

And I did that where? Please enlighten me.

Rausch 12-06-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

We aren't pointing to a current failure, but a pattern of failure that leads one to believe it is imminent in the playoffs.

Baby Lee 12-06-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
And I did that where? Please enlighten me.

My apologies, I should have gone with the more formal "makes one look like an idiot."

I was trying to make a general point, not one necessarily directed at you.

Brock 12-06-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

My apologies, I should have gone with the more formal "makes one look like an idiot."

I was trying to make a general point, not one necessarily directed at you.

I still am faced with the question of whether or not handicapping the playoff teams in whatever fashion when my team has a bad record makes anyone look like an idiot.

KCTitus 12-06-2004 01:27 PM

Feh...I think you're intentionally missing the point, Baby Lee.

It's obvious that Marty reverted to 'old form' yesterday and it has ZERO to do with SD beating KC.

Baby Lee 12-06-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Feh...I think you're intentionally missing the point, Baby Lee.

It's obvious that Marty reverted to 'old form' yesterday and it has ZERO to do with SD beating KC.

If by 'old form' you mean winning the division. . . Still don't see what's funny about that from the perspective a Chiefs fan.

ROFL ROFL - same old sorry Marty. He may be able to punk us, but he'll lose to the REAL teams in the NFL. Boy does he look stupid for thinking that beating the sorry assed Chiefs is some kind of achievement. He doesn't know how much we suck. Boy does HE look stupid.

Rausch 12-06-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

If by 'old form' you mean winning the division. . . Still don't see what's funny about that from the perspective a Chiefs fan.

1st hand knowledge of his inability to do anything with it (it being a division championchip and a playoff birth.)

KCTitus 12-06-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Cmon, man, being obtuse doesnt suit you...and fyi, a Chiefs fan perspective is quite valuable to explain exactly why that game was so close after being up 13 in the first half.

Baby Lee 12-06-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
1st hand knowledge of his inability to do anything with it (it being a division championchip and a playoff birth.)

If the past so informs the future, WTF kept saint Vermiel from willing us to the SB last year?

KCTitus 12-06-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

If the past so informs the future, WTF kept saint Vermiel from willing us to the SB last year?

Failure is easier than success...

Baby Lee 12-06-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Cmon, man, being obtuse doesnt suit you...and fyi, a Chiefs fan perspective is quite valuable to explain exactly why that game was so close after being up 13 in the first half.

The game was close because the Broncos are a quality team playing for the division title. End of story.

Rausch 12-06-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Is he done yet? I believe year 4 was his SB win in Philli, but I could be wrong.

Past behavior does not gaurantee future actions, but it is an indicator of a likely scenerio...

DV has already accomplished in KC what he did at every other stop, with every other team, save a SB appearance.

The same can be said for Marty, save a playoff failure.

KCTitus 12-06-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

The game was close because the Broncows are a quality team playing for the division title. End of story.

The game wasnt close the first half, but was close at the end and was one fumble bounce from being a loss. I dont get while you hiding your head in the sand on this.