ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chargers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107280)

alanm 12-27-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Try living here. Last time I saw this much Charger gear being sported around town was 10 years ago.

Well, when it goes back in the closet after the season is over you'll have 10 more years before it starts all over again. I think they cycle around like the locusts.

Deberg_1990 12-27-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreesLightning
Yeah and what's your excuse for getting punked last year. Guess who your coach was then, c'mon three guesses....

And what is your excuse for getting punked this whole season. Guess who your coach is now, c'mon three guesses....

Your not a very good Charger fan either, it was Dave Kreig who lost that 17-0 game to you guys in 1992. Not Deberg. In fact it was because of that game that convinced marty to change offensive Philosphies and pick up Montana in the offseason.

alanm 12-27-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Did Hell just freeze over today?? I never thought id see the day when Chargers fans would talk smak???

I never thought I'd see the day when there were Charger fans period. ROFL

BreesLightning 12-27-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
I never thought I'd see the day when there were Charger fans period. ROFL

It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.

Wile_E_Coyote 12-27-2004 11:08 PM

this thread is almost as funny as Hicks chasing Flutie will be on Sunday

ChiefsFire 12-27-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.

:bolts: :loser:

:LOL:

2bikemike 12-27-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Ya gotta admit you fan base is pretty weak. You guys finally put together a good season and then all of a sudden you guys start coming out of the wood work. You guys jump off of the bandwagon faster than you fill it.

alanm 12-27-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

No, we're just astonished at actually seeing Charger fans. Between the Planet, The Orange Mane and the Raider Board. All of which have been around for more than 4 yrs. We as a collective can count on one finger the amount of Charger fans who post on any of the rival boards. Shhhhhhh guys, Don't move or make any sudden motion or you may scare him away. :)

alanm 12-27-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Ya gotta admit you fan base is pretty weak. You guys finally put together a good season and then all of a sudden you guys start coming out of the wood work. You guys jump off of the bandwagon faster than you fill it.

We'd at least give em a modicum of respect if they hung around and talked smaque even when they do suck. Like all 3 of our teams do with each other(Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders) It's pretty much general consensus that none of our teams consider the Chargers as a rival. Just a filler on the schedual.

BreesLightning 12-27-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfire
:bolts: :loser:

:LOL:

ManOnFire, where'd you pick up those whitty comebacks? The same place you pick up your men? I'm guessing it must be, since it must be pretty hard(pun intended) to actually talk when there's always something in your mouth, hence the signals and symbols. Way to go!

Frazod 12-27-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

We'd at least give em a modicum of respect if they hung around and talked smaque even when they do suck. Like all 3 of our teams do with each other(Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders) It's pretty much general consensus that none of our teams consider the Chargers as a rival. Just a filler on the schedual.

This is the thing. I've been here for 4 1/2 years, and prior to the last couple of months, I think we've had perhaps three or four Charger fans during that entire time, and none ever stayed around past the following Monday.

I'm pretty sure San Diego has had a team during that stretch... :hmmm:

I hope these new guys didn't sprain anything hopping on the bandwagon. :D

As far as the Chargers themselves go, I'm glad they won the division and neither of our true rivals didn't. Go Bolts.

ZZZ

2bikemike 12-27-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Don't you know that the reason they don't do that is the same reason they don't go to the games. There is just so much more to do in San Diego than to spend sunday rooting for your team or spending a few hours talking smack on the net.

alanm 12-27-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Oh we give a big shout out to Marty for giving the Chiefs the 3rd highest winning percentage in the NFL behind the 49'ers and Buffalo in the 90's. You see where that got us. Good luck in the Playoffs. Don't let Marty break your heart.

Otter 12-27-2004 11:37 PM

I'll be rootiing for Pittsburg, San Diego & Buffalo.

I want:

Indy, DEAD!!!
New England, DEAD!!!
Denver, tortured then DEAD!!!

Can't say I really care what happens in the NFC expcept for pulling for Green Bay and Farve.

Otter 12-27-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Uh, 1993 Conference Championship...Hellloooooooo?!?!? :rolleyes: