ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   If it weren't for Sunday ticket... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107341)

Mosbonian 12-29-2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH
I called the local TIme Warner office to ask why we couldn't get the NFL Network here. I was told there isn't enough interest. HUH?

One word:

NASCAR....

mmaddog

Calcountry 12-29-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?

Because they know better than anyone how the system works. :p

Calcountry 12-29-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
My Tivo went out after about 20 months. When I was talking to the tech on the phone he said I would have to purchase the replacement to which I answered "I don't think that's right". He said something about me having not purchased the extended warranty/service package and the original 1 year warranty had expired so I had to purchase the replacement Tivo. Again I said "I don't think that's right". The guy told me to hang on while he looked at my account and when he came back he said "Since you are such a good customer and have always paid on time we'll send out a repalcement for no charge." I said "Cool!" Then I told him the reason I had the Tivo in the first place was to record the Chiefs games but the blackout rules in Springfield had changed and Sunday Ticket no longer aired the Chiefs becuase they are on the local station which wasn't available in Springfield till just recently. He told me I was available for the locals now and then I told him that when I called to get them I was told I had to purchase an elipical dish which was $99.00. He then told me that I didn't have to do that and what they would do is bring out a second dish for the locals only for no charge. They also replaced my original reciever(now the 2nd reciever in a different room) for free because it wouldn't get the locals. They come out on Christmas Eve Day and installed it all to top it off. To go with that I got my original Dish and reciever for free because I had purchased Chiefs tickets one year. :) ROFL :thumb: :p :shrug: Direct TV has been very good to me.

PhilFree :arrow:

JD Powers ranks them #1 in customer service.

Calcountry 12-29-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Heh, I was really wanting NFL Network a few months ago, too. Then I started seeing all those commercial advertisements for it. You know, seems like every one of them features the FREAKIN' RAIDuRS!! :Lin: And then there's another that advertises that ex-Donkey, Terrell Davis. After seeing all that, I'm not so sure I'd want it.

They have an EXCELLENT NFL channel commercial airing now. It has every team in it from time in memorium.

Calcountry 12-29-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Have any of you ever seen Dense satisfied with anything? As for Directv's poor service, I offered to go fix her system for free and she never would give me a time to do it.

I think that mechanical latex device satisfies her.

wutamess 12-29-2004 01:08 PM

TWC has about 15 channels in HDTV. I have DTV and have yet to upgrade to HDTV programming because the receiver costs too damn much while TWC receivers are give to their customers for free.

2 questions:
Anyone know how many DTV channels are HDTV (including local channels)?

Anyone know of a way to get DTV HDTV receiver and satellite for free?

MichaelH 12-29-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
One word:

NASCAR....

mmaddog

Yes NASCAR is big here, but so are the Panthers, and several college football teams. I think there's a huge market here for football, but the suits don't see it.

Skip Towne 12-29-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess

Anyone know of a way to get DTV HDTV receiver and satellite for free?

Steal them?

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Cochise:

FWIW, and relating back to the thread, once DTV gets your old card back you will get credited. I had the same thing happen to me and all I did was wait for the credit to catch up to my bill.

mmaddog

Ah, good. Thanks...

Mosbonian 12-29-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH
Yes NASCAR is big here, but so are the Panthers, and several college football teams. I think there's a huge market here for football, but the suits don't see it.

Sorry Michael....I lived in Mooresville for about 4 years so the Charlotte area isn't an unknown to me.....

The Panthers are just getting to be a big thing, but all you have to do is have a NASCAR race and a Panther's football game on the same day and see how deserted the stadium will be downtown. And forget tailgating at a panther's game.....they still haven't figured out what REAL tailgating is....

As for college football, you are a little north of the region that revels in college football.....in South Carolina they really follow it, what with USC and Clemson having better FB program than BB programs.

Until the Panther's win a Super Bowl and NASCAR loses it's flavor in Concord/Kannapoli/Mooresville, you are destined to be a racing capital.

mmaddog