ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   beer me is a closet fan of... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107381)

Nzoner 12-30-2004 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Alice Cooper...

Reminds me that I have to get my hands on another copy of From The Inside.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Don Williams Greatest Hits album is one of the most relaxing albums....when it was just the wife and I we put that thing on all the time and listened to it....

I love Glen Campbell for his picking skills...and Gentle on My Mind was the best example....

It was sad that we lost Croce when he was just starting to do some of his best work. His best song that never got the air play that it should have was "Photographs & Memories"......

BTW, there is some great music on the "new country" stations....you just have to wade thru all the pretend country that they are playing these days....while I am sure it's probably not what you like based on what you've put out there as typical of your favorites in Country music, I still say that Brooks & Dunn have some pretty good music....Alan Jackson is about as close as you will get to the "old" country sound.....and Alison Krauss can eat crackers in my bed anytime.

mmaddog

Another DW fan...you're ok with me. :thumb:

Agree about Glen's playing skills... he is the man. I've often wondered how it would sound if he were playing Eddie Van Halen's guitar.....

"Photographs and Memories"...... very nice.

In the radio station I work at we have two stations...the pop/AC one that I work on...and our "hot country" sister station....so I do hear the music I just don't like it. I do agree though that B&D and AJ are pretty good. I was kind of generalizing with my comment about all new country. There is sooommmmmeee I don't mind. imo...Toby Keith and Tim McGraw are satan incarnate....

:)

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2004 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
beer me

you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many posts on this thread.....

Hey, Braincase was good enough to put my name in the title...it's the least I can do.

ndbbm 12-30-2004 08:23 AM

Perhaps the smooth jams of...."Tino"

http://www.hellbored.com/uploader/uploads/tino.jpg

Mosbonian 12-30-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Another DW fan...you're ok with me. :thumb:

Agree about Glen's playing skills... he is the man. I've often wondered how it would sound if he were playing Eddie Van Halen's guitar.....

"Photographs and Memories"...... very nice.

In the radio station I work at we have two stations...the pop/AC one that I work on...and our "hot country" sister station....so I do hear the music I just don't like it. I do agree though that B&D and AJ are pretty good. I was kind of generalizing with my comment about all new country. There is sooommmmmeee I don't mind. imo...Toby Keith and Tim McGraw are satan incarnate....

:)

I actually met Don Williams...if you didn't know him or his music, you wouldn't know he is a star....a very humble and nice guy.

I saw Glen Campbell when he was down in Branson many years back....there was a part of the program where he showed off his skills with the guitar....I was very surprised, especially considering i am an Eddie Van Halen fan....

If you want to see some of what they are trying to slip into the "new country" mold, you should see the GAC channel and watch a program called "The Edge of Country"....I swear I thought I was watching The Heavy Metal Channel.....it's probably more like Country meets Rob Zombie.

I must admit that I am a Toby Keith fan....although some of his music is not my cup of tea...when it comes to Tim McGraw, I would love to be him just 'cause he's married to Faith Hill. But, I will say that two of his latest songs are pretty good...."Live Like You're Dying" has a great message, and "Back When" is actually a pretty funny song and a commentary on how language has changed.

mmaddog

Frosty 12-30-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Statlers, Oak Ridge Boys, you name it.

Actually, my favorite area of the country genre is bluegrass/folk, Allison Krauss and Union Station, Ralph Stanley, Emmylou, The Gaithers, Cowboy Junkies, Del McCoury, etc.

I love Emmylou's music. Doesn't matter if it's the early "country" stuff or the latest "rock" stuff; it's all good. :thumb:

"Cowgirl's Prayer" is probably my favorite, followed closely by "Roses in the Snow" and "Red Dirt Girl".

I'll second the comment about "Edge of Country". While I wish they would play even more variety, it's a great way to see different americana bands.

MOhillbilly 12-30-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
anyone remember Jim Stafford, who sang I don't like spiders and snakes?

Frosty 12-30-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

anyone remember Jim Stafford, who sang I don't like spiders and snakes?

He was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

Anyone remember his variety show on TV? I don't think it was on very long, but I watched it whenever I could.

badgirl 12-30-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly

whats that :hmmm:

MOhillbilly 12-30-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

whats that :hmmm:

call it and find out.
417 btw.

badgirl 12-30-2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

call it and find out.
417 btw.

uh, I'm afraid to call, is it your number? so you live in Missouri? or is this a trick? :hmmm: :p

MOhillbilly 12-30-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

uh, I'm afraid to call, is it your number? so you live in Missouri? or is this a trick? :hmmm: :p

dont remember the jingle?
*jim staffords got a brand new show call 3358080*

badgirl 12-30-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

dont remember the jingle?
*jim staffords got a brand new show call 3358080*

oh no I don't recognize that, but now I'm so curious, I may just call and see. :harumph:

yunghungwell 12-30-2004 12:46 PM

Keith Whitley's Greatest Hits...A damn good album...Is the one you like on the list bg?

1. Don't Close Your Eyes
2. I'm No Stranger to the Rain
3. Miami, My Amy
4. When You Say Nothing at All
5. It Ain't Nothin'
6. I'm Over You
7. I Wonder Do You Think of Me
8. Ten Feet Away
9. Talk to Me Texas
10. 'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose
11. Tell Lorrie I Love Her

yunghungwell 12-30-2004 12:49 PM