ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where did your user name come from? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=11212)

nmt1 12-08-2000 07:32 PM

Actually, in high school, my nicknames were "Tiny E." and later "Bus." Tiny E. came from my slicked back hair and sideburns and the Tiny Elvis SNL sketch. Bus came from my being a large RB. I think those are the only ones I've ever had. Pitt Gorilla seemed a more telling choice, though.

------------------
GO PITT!

Griese Fan 12-08-2000 09:29 PM

I live in Lompoc, Ca, home of the Braves, the name of the the local high school. Seemed appropriate for a Chief fan.
Although, I still wish that Kyle could help me figure out what happened with my original registered name, which I now sign off with. Pretty easy to figure out how I came up with that.
the milkman
still having an identity crisis

j molina 12-08-2000 11:43 PM

D--First initial
J(ay)--second initial
2--Girlfriend's birthday (10-2-79)
3--My birthday (10-3-77)

Ironically 23 is also my favorite number (Big Michael Jordan fan in the day)

DaveC 12-09-2000 01:19 PM

See if you can guess where mine came from!!

Some of these are pretty good, some are so-so. That's probably where I fit.

(My wife is a R8er_lover makes this years game days with oakland kind of raunchy)

BigChiefsFan 12-09-2000 02:04 PM

Mark--first name
M--middle inital

Inventive, eh?

My nickname in my fraternity was "Romeo." I would date 3-4 girls at one time, only to have it inevitably blow up on me. Then I would do it again with the same results. Had a lot of fun for a while, though.

"Smell the people"--
When were you at SMSU?

MM
~~As boring as names get

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-09-2000).]

Moon§hiner 12-09-2000 02:06 PM

Brock Landers was the lead character in "Boogie Nights".

Iowanian 12-09-2000 03:23 PM

47 was my jersey # in college

mack is my dogs name....he is a chiefs fan and loves beer.

------------------
TWB

[This message has been edited by 47mack (edited 12-09-2000).]

elvislivesinkc 12-09-2000 03:53 PM

gh4chiefs = Gary Hollis For(the)Chiefs.

I've been using this e-mail address for years now.

------------------
Gary

Devin Vierth 12-09-2000 05:06 PM

Mine came from Denise, in one of my early days on the board I was having a huge row and settled into pointing out everything she said that was not logical. I followed her from thread to thread pointing out inconsistencies. First she took to calling me Borg, then Spock and finally I believe Mr. Logical because I was too passionate in my beliefs to be vulcan. I got kicked off the BB because some vulgar troll came up with a signon that was evidently indistinguishable from my "jerey". I resigned up under Logical and have kept it since then.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-09-2000).]

Coogs 12-09-2000 05:54 PM

Mark - I was at SMSU from 97-99. Fun times. :D

--Shannon--

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12-09-2000 06:00 PM

Bob Dole was drunk at Drury from 81-82 and SMSU from 83-84 and thought Springfield was a blast. (Well, except when it snowed and they had to call in the National Guard because they had no snow removal equipment.)

Chiefaholic 12-09-2000 07:29 PM

I dunno. I hadn't thought about it till I was confronted with the space to fill one in. Maybe I have a latent dissatisfaction with the way I look. I'll have to ask my shrink where my user name came from.

Griese Fan 12-09-2000 08:04 PM

UD,
I would guess that it's deeper than that. Like knowing subconsciencly that being a Raider fan is really an ugly thing.
the milkman
just trying to help

[This message has been edited by Lompoc Brave (edited 12-09-2000).]

KCWolfman 12-09-2000 08:47 PM

Mine comes from a conversation I was having with a Ravens fan on the Baltimore Sun BB. When I was telling him that I was a Chiefs Fan and just was here because the Army had moved me yet again away further from Missouri, he said, "Man, you have obviously been misplaced."

Somehow, it stuck and when we moved to a Ravens Board, vice the Suns BB (not unlike how the Chiefs Planet board came about), I took Misplaced Chiefs Fan for my user name, and carried it over here.

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics

ROYC75 12-09-2000 09:33 PM

Mine comes from my profession. I am a telecommunications engineer. I am constantly traveling from major city to major city engineer installations of telephone equipment. So Chief fan on the road.