ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I have a bad feeling......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115674)

PastorMikH 05-03-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
No utility is allowed to estimate usage for that period of time. One year would be way out of line IMO. You would be notified the first month the meter reader could not get in and within a couple of months the reader should either get in or your utility shut off.

Say, that just triggered something. If they were so afraid of your dog that they wouldn't step into the yard to read your meter, then perhaps you should get a couple of pit bulls to turn loose in your backyard. That way you can just quit paying the bill altogether and the same guys that were afraid of your dog will be too afraid of the pits to step foot in your yard to turn off your service.

:)

Priestgets30TDs 05-04-2005 02:57 AM

Isn't the statute of limitations 2 maybe 3 years in Kansas to collect a debt? Are there any Planet lawyers out there? I'm sure they could poke holes in this real fast. A roomate of mine from college never paid me the $600 he owed me from utilities' bills. I've accepted that he has no legal obligation to pay me because I didn't sue him in time. I kept reminding him that he needed to pay me and told him to f**k off many times... but after 2 years I had no legal action to take. The City has to obey the same laws.

1adam1238 05-04-2005 04:58 AM

When I moved to Nevada form Missouri, one thing that really stood out was that most cities here don't use meters. Its a freaking desert and people should pay for what they use....but no, everyone pays a flat rate...it blows my mind.

trndobrd 05-04-2005 05:09 AM

Nice thing about utilities being operated by the City is that the city works for you. Contact your City counsel/commision member. A call to the Water Department from a City Commissioner inquiring as to why one of his constituents is getting screwed to the tune of $2800 because of lazy/incompetent meter readers, can yield very quick and effective resolution.

I would suggest you approach it from this angle: You've run up against a brick wall at the water dept. They aren't giving you a reasonable answer. Everyone in your neighborhood knows Commissioner Smith is committed ensuring all his constitutents get a fair deal from City Hall and you were hoping he could help get some answers.

Bob Dole 05-04-2005 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
However, I do find it odd that your meter is fenced in. Did someone add to the home you are living in or move the fence?

In KC, Bob Dole's water meter was inside the house.

KCWolfman 05-05-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobChief
In KC, Bob Dole's water meter was inside the house.

I have seen that setup when I lived in Louisville.

KCChiefsMan 05-05-2005 05:11 PM

get an attorney and landblast them through the media if you can.....that SUCKS! and it's definately not fair at all. Just remember, consumers have rights, contact the Better Business Bureau as well. That makes me angry reading this because that could happen to anybody, just because the guy can't get out and read a freakin meter is not your fault