ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Clayton said (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119137)

mcan 07-08-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed
IMO, I don't think Warfield is worth that much and he should be thanking Carl for his stupidity. He's a decent #2 CB, but an 80% Law would be better, IMO. Warfield would be a great nickle though.

Corners are expensive. That's all there is to it. And a nickle corner can be on the field quite a bit. The reasons not to sign Law should not have anything to do with Warfield's salary, IMO. It should purely be a cost/benifit analysis with TY. Is he worth four million dollars? Probably. Do we have that kind of money to spend? Probably not. Can we make it work? Probably. Is it worth the risk of using the last of our cap dollars for a guy who might not be completely recovered? Probably not...

RedThat 07-08-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed
IMO, I don't think Warfield is worth that much and he should be thanking Carl for his stupidity. He's a decent #2 CB, but an 80% Law would be better, IMO. Warfield would be a great nickle though.

oh i agree with you...warfield isn't worth his salary..i think he's worth 2 million.
Having Law and Surtain, is like bringing back the days when we saw James Hasty and Dale Carter. :drool:

RedThat 07-08-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
That's what I'm saying, I'm happy with Surtain/Warfield duo and would rather not see the Chiefs tie that much money into one position.

i would...i would love to see another james hasty, dale carter tandem. Warfield is nowhere close to what those corners were. I'm not happy with Surtain/Warfield..i'll tell ya why, it is teams like indy that's why. when we have to face Harrison, Stokley, and Wayne, I'm not excited to the challenge of lining up Surtain, Warfield, and Ambrose. If it's Law, Surtain, and Warfield against that trio, it's a completely different story. If it's Law, Surtain, Warfield every week, I'm not afraid of anybody we face.

*btw, Law owns Harrison

Chiefs Pantalones 07-08-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan
Corners are expensive. That's all there is to it. And a nickle corner can be on the field quite a bit. The reasons not to sign Law should not have anything to do with Warfield's salary, IMO. It should purely be a cost/benifit analysis with TY. Is he worth four million dollars? Probably. Do we have that kind of money to spend? Probably not. Can we make it work? Probably. Is it worth the risk of using the last of our cap dollars for a guy who might not be completely recovered? Probably not...

We haven't been to the Super Bowl in over 30 years. We haven't won a playoff game in like 13 years. Ty Law is worth it. I'm not saying he will be the final piece of the puzzle, but wow. We can't go into the season with our cap not filled up, it would be foolish. And what better way to spend the last dollars than on Law? If the Chiefs really want him, they can make it work. There is always a way. I have no doubts that Law will be back to his old pro bowl self.

I just hope we get him. :)

regald 07-08-2005 07:21 PM

You still need to sign Johnson and he's not a push over either. You just signed one of the most, if not the most, praised defensive players in this draft.

You're signing alot of guys that cost alot of money. If you're going to take the cake you might as well eat it too, I'll give up the gay ice cream (Eric Warfield) for extra presents (Ty Law -Super Bowl)

mcan 07-08-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regald
I'll give up the gay ice cream (Eric Warfield) for extra presents (Ty Law -Super Bowl)

I give out rep for any and all metaphors that I don't understand...

Rausch 07-08-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

I give out rep for any and all metaphors that I don't understand...

Life is like a box of chocolate ants...

mcan 07-08-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Life is like a box of chocolate ants...

You know... It kinda is. You look at life and you think. Ahh shit, now I've got THIS to deal with. But if you look close enough, it's actually kinda sweet.

I just don't get how ICE CREAM can be GAY, and what that has to do with Eric Warfield.... :shake:

ExtremeChief 07-08-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

You know... It kinda is. You look at life and you think. Ahh shit, now I've got THIS to deal with. But if you look close enough, it's actually kinda sweet.

I just don't get how ICE CREAM can be GAY :shake:

two words my friend...

Lesbian Cows

Rausch 07-08-2005 08:05 PM

Quote:

I just don't get how ICE CREAM can be GAY, and what that has to do with Eric Warfield.... :shake:

http://www.gaylea.com/foodservice/fo...eicecream.html

I'm just here to help...

htismaqe 07-08-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

Perfect. Sign him to a two year deal. Give him a 3.3 million dollar signing bonus and the vet minimum (I think that's 700K). There's your 4 million. Make next years base salary 4 million. His cap number will only be 2 million and change this year, and then we can cut him and take a 1.65 million cap hit next year, or keep him on the roster for 4 million (and a cap number of 5.65 million). Pretty reasonable for Ty Law.

:clap:

mcan 07-08-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch

That's freaking hysterical. You gotta love the internet man. You can literally find ANYTHING. I'd give you rep, but I just did.

HemiEd 07-08-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

That's freaking hysterical. You gotta love the internet man. You can literally find ANYTHING. I'd give you rep, but I just did.

I did to, ROFL

Caseykid 07-08-2005 08:29 PM

The reason I'd like to see the Chiefs add Law is because of the real possiblity that Surtain could go down to an injury. Then the situation at corner could be even worse than last year with the Warfield suspension looming. Having Law, Surtain, and Warfield along with McCleon (possibly), Ambrose, Sapp and Hodge would give the Chiefs alot of depth and more importantly, TALENT, at the CB position.

JMO.