ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Update on my wife... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127423)

Frankie 10-25-2005 10:50 AM

Hey SCChief,
As a once divorced father I really feel for you. Especially when society tends to automatically consider the mom innocent and the dad guilty unless proved otherwise. A father's love for his children is at least as deep as a mother's love. But it is often too easily dismissed. Sounds like you've gone past that obstacle. Stay strong and do not give up. The shit she's pulling is just wrong. My thoughts are with you, man.

Fishpicker 10-25-2005 11:09 AM

I hope everything goes your way in this. Good Luck to you SCChief.

SCChief 10-25-2005 11:34 AM

Thanks guys. I am in quite a state. I am working on the 3k retainer fee for my attorney... once that is handled, the ball rolls. Hell... she hasn't even met with her attorney yet. Every step she has taken has been without legal counsel. While I am planning my attack, I am perfectly calm. It is when I stop and look around my house which is empty of children that I break down.

The doctor says it is a normal grief reaction, and that I will be fine. I appreciate all the support.

Frankie 10-25-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCChief
Thanks guys. I am in quite a state. I am working on the 3k retainer fee for my attorney... once that is handled, the ball rolls. Hell... she hasn't even met with her attorney yet. Every step she has taken has been without legal counsel. While I am planning my attack, I am perfectly calm. It is when I stop and look around my house which is empty of children that I break down.

The doctor says it is a normal grief reaction, and that I will be fine. I appreciate all the support.

Whatever happens, make sure the children are not in the middle. They should not be used as tools. You should talk to them (especially the older one) and reassure them you love them and this thing is about mom and dad only and they have nothing to do with it. My son is paying dearly now for it (after 17 years) because mom, in her anger and belligerance, didn't abide by that rule.

SCChief 10-25-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Whatever happens, make sure the children are not in the middle. They should not be used as tools. You should talk to them (especially the older one) and reassure them you love them and this thing is about mom and dad only and they have nothing to do with it. My son is paying dearly now for it (after 17 years) because mom, in her anger and belligerance, didn't abide by that rule.

Aye. I have done everything to assure Morgan I have not abandoned her, and that I expect her to behave her mother, and be brave for her little sister.

I will not use my daughters the way my wife was used by her parents.

Frankie 10-25-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Aye. I have done everything to assure Morgan I have not abandoned her, and that I expect her to behave her mother, and be brave for her little sister.

I will not use my daughters the way my wife was used by her parents.

:thumb:
Only make sure being brave is not a task she has to be resposible to you about.

KCFalcon59 10-25-2005 12:11 PM

Hope everything turns out well for you. I will pray for you and your kids. You're a good father.

Iowanian 10-25-2005 12:14 PM

It'd be a damn shame if she slipped and fell into a wood chipper.

munkey 10-25-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

I won't go into too many details, as she has access to this site as well, and my attorney has advised me that we need to blindside her.

:Spock:

KChiefsQT 10-25-2005 01:19 PM

Hang in there.. keep that head high and chin up. Get a good dose of your buddies... you need them in times like this. And most of all, good luck man, I wish you the best.

Phobia 10-25-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
Hang in there.. keep that head high and chin up. Get a good dose of your buddies... you need them in times like this. And most of all, good luck man, I wish you the best.

What he really needs is a sympathy lay. Were you coming on to him?

Postal_clone 10-25-2005 01:37 PM

I went through something similar with my oldest. my ex and her mom would badmouth me to K every chance they got. After our divorce, my ex got involved in a bunch of bad stuff...which I found out about later and didnt tell her until we went to court. I dont know south carolina laws but in Iowa you can use a phone tap as long as one of the parties knows one is being used. the whole process took YEARS and it will be hard on everyone involved. Filed in 93, got custody in 98, got ex parental rights terminated in 2004......which was the right thing to do. It may or may not be in your case. 11 years and over 50000 in atty fees, private investigators and other stuff but in the end the money really didnt matter. she still owes 12000+ in child support that ill probably never see. Good luck to you

chiefs4me 10-25-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

You said she has access to this site...if that is true, then quit laying out your plans for her to read. You can win, my brother has custody of 2 of his boys from his first marriage, and she pays him child support. Keep us posted but not in to much detail, and good luck and prayers coming your way.

munkey 10-25-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
You said she has access to this site...if that is true, then quit laying out your plans for her to read. You can win, my brother has custody of 2 of his boys from his first marriage, and she pays him child support. Keep us posted but not in to much detail, and good luck and prayers coming your way.

I was beginning to think it was just me... :shake:

Spott 10-25-2005 07:11 PM

One more example to prove that women are nothing but pure evil. Some are just better than others at hiding it.