ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Is New Orleans Worth $32 Billion? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130017)

beavis 11-29-2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
Of course you can easily deny it, but I've read enough redneck horseshit on this BB to know better.

That's funny coming from you.

Earthling 11-29-2005 06:18 PM

I agree with Morphius...30 years is way too long without the threat of a reoccurrence undoing all the repairs underway.

Duck Dog 11-29-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
I said what I said because I feel that is what Duck Dog meant.

The only thing worse than a racist is a racist without the guts to be honest about it.

Stop being an idiot. NO was a shithole before Katrina and anyone with half a brain knows that.

I realize both of these two statements will be tough for you to overcome.

MadMax 11-29-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
"Gov. Kathleen Blanco and other Louisiana officials, as well as businesses and homeowners, have said the levees must be improved to protect against Category 5 storms if the New Orleans metropolitan area hopes to persuade people to return.

Such improvements would require federal funding. Early estimates run as high as $32 billion, and it would take up to 30 years to complete the work."

So, what do you guys think? Is rebuilding and protecting New Orleans worth investing that much money and time?

Not to me. But when have we EVER had a say in how our tax dollars are spent???

Dave Lane 11-29-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefman420
Is Iraq worth much much more than that? That's the next question.

:clap: :clap:

Dave

chagrin 11-29-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Actually, Mardi Gras Upriver works just fine for Bob Dole.

It's a hell of a lot closer and the crime rate is about .0003% what it is in New Orleans.

Beat me to it, Bob Dole. I was going to say that Mardi Gras isn't just New Orleans. You can get the same amount of nudity, booze, faigs, whores, old drunk dudes with the permanent whiskey faces and music without the street musicians (who happen to be in N.O. all friggin year longs, not just at Mardi Gras) and violence/crime in Mamou, St. Martinville, Lafayette and about 100 other cities in L.A. Plus you would actually learn a little too, well, only if you want too. It is a well known fact that the "best" or "most fun" Mardi Gras happens in Mamou, Louisiana. People from all over the world choose to go there instead of N.O. it's a friggin blast!

It's just that N.O. "celebration" happens to be the largest in the state.

Sorry for the babble, I just wanted to share that little nugget with y'all

joesomebody 11-29-2005 07:52 PM

Absolutely yes, but only if Haliburton (sp?) gets the contract.

Just to let you know though, if they say 32 billion now, it will turn into over 100 billion.

MOhillbilly 11-30-2005 08:24 AM

I dont think the last three pages are racist as some have implied,its reality.

jcl-kcfan2 11-30-2005 08:30 AM

HAHA Clint's a racist, that's good stuff.

KCTitus 11-30-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
I can think of one other thing worse.

Like a person who labels everyone else a racist to cover up his own racism? I think those are called hypocrites.

MOhillbilly 11-30-2005 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Like a person who labels everyone else a racist to cover up his own racism? I think those are called hypocrites.

its difficult for Americans to deal w/ race after all the bullshit thats been shoved down our throats.
i wouldnt call people hypocrites , but maybe ignorant.

Clint in Wichita 11-30-2005 09:22 AM

Idiots.

Go participate in a mock lightsaber duel or something.

Taco John 11-30-2005 10:15 AM

Normally, I'd vote no. But we're spending $200 Billion on Iraq. If Iraq is worth that much to us, I guess it's hard to say no to actual American Citizens.

Bugeater 11-30-2005 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
It's people like you that create problems even though your intentions may be good.
Do you realize you are putting words in people's mouths, unfairly labeling them with the racism you seem to seek out.
The guy said "middle class" and you have somehow been given the divine power to read his mind and know he meant black people?
Where do you get off?

Very well said. :clap: The only thing better than this take is Clint's response to it.

Calcountry 11-30-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefman420
Is Iraq worth much much more than that? That's the next question.

yes.