ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pro Football Weekly has the Chiefs finishing 3rd... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141852)

Brock 06-06-2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
This will be the 3rd defense in 4 seasons that most of the defense will be learning.

Yeah right. The only difference is that they might actually be expected to tackle.

ck_IN 06-06-2006 08:04 AM

I'll pencil in Denver, KC, SD, Oaktown.

Oaktown is just a mess and Shell has several years ahead of him in cleanup detail.

SD has essentially a rookie QB who will suffer some rookie blues. LT and Gates help but a rookie read is a rookie read. Rivers is a player to watch though.

KC will probably step down a notch on O. Roaf will get nicked at some point and we all know what happens when Roaf is out. The D will be confused as hell the first half of the season and by the 2nd half when they get it, age and nicks will likely be effecting the O.

Denver wins because Jake gets miffed by the Cutler pick and plays with a chip on his shoulder. The new WR (name escapes me) fills a big hole that Ashley never could and the D does just enough to get them to the playoffs where they get bombed by Pittsburgh, Indy, or NE.

ChiTown 06-06-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Yeah right. The only difference is that they might actually be expected to tackle.

What is this "tackle" that you speak of?

Mile High Mania 06-06-2006 08:07 AM

I think it's going to come down to Denver and KC winning the division. SD won't fall apart, but I do think Rivers is going to have a learning curve as the guy... the defense and LT will keep them respectable, but I wouldn't be shocked with just 8 or 9 wins from SD.

Hopefully, it will be an interesting 3 team race with Oakland not completely sucking. If the division is strong, then whichever team advances should be stronger and better prepared for the playoffs.

It's still too early to project order though, many teams have lots of unanswered questions.

morphius 06-06-2006 08:07 AM

new head coach on a team always leads experts to lower expectations for a team, expect a lot like this in the offseason. Though in some we will be ranked number two simply because the Chargers are replacing their starting QB.

greg63 06-06-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
You honestly think that option is necessary on this particular poll?

ROFL
You'd be surprised. Great responses from the night crew and the morning people; here's a bump for the afternoon folks. :D

greg63 06-06-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
What is this "tackle" that you speak of?

ROFLROFLROFL

...Is that something associated with "Defense"???

greg63 06-25-2006 12:04 AM

bumparoo.

Logical 06-25-2006 12:21 AM

We should finish 2nd but only because the Chargers are changing QBs.

NJ Chief Fan 06-25-2006 07:00 AM

we win the division BANK ON IT

1. chargers have a n00bie at qb
2. shanarat is gonna get tired of jake and cutler comes in and ruins their season
3. raiders suck

milkman 06-25-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
ROFLROFLROFL

...Is that something associated with "Defense"???

Fishing.

Mr. Laz 06-25-2006 09:54 AM

nobody really has any idea

injuries and chemistry are about 25% of the deal in the NFL each year.

if the chiefs stay healthy and edwards brings things together i would expect the chiefs to be in the division chase.

any significant injuries or if Edwards kills the offense and ...... "Boom" we are swapping spit with the faiders in the basement. :Lin:

CupidStunt 06-25-2006 11:21 AM

After KC's 2003 win, everyone predicted a repeat.

After SD's 2004 win, everyone predicted a repeat.

After Denver's 2005 win, everyone's picking them to repeat.

It's logical; there's no reason not to. But things change and the unlikely scenarios never seem all that unlikely come September.

It's rare that anyone, with the use of logic, predicts a 12+ win team doing nothing the next season. You always expect them to carry it on if they didn't make many changes.

greg63 06-25-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Fishing.

Are you asking or telling? :shrug:

milkman 06-25-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
Are you asking or telling? :shrug:

I'm telling.

There's no tackle in KC, except at the sporting goods store or the bait shop.