ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Thorpe vying for Chiefs' No. 3 WR job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141889)

Brock 06-07-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeylook4food
Thorpe looks good. Our beat reporter thinks he could be our #2.

I think I saw that report. I accidentally hooked up my UHF antenna.

Monkeylook4food 06-07-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxrider
Stop Spamming

I would put a smiley face here to show you I am just kidding but I don't want to be confused as a PUSSY for covering my ass!

Which was the entire point of my earlier sarcasm in this thread. You can't possibly make everybody happy.

Kerberos 06-07-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Which was the entire point of my earlier sarcasm in this thread. You can't possibly make everybody happy.

WURD!

Phob I don't think I am in the minorty here, but I for one enjoy getting some inside info from you as I am sure others here do as well.

But if it is making someone at the top mad then I guess we all lose because of it.

Lzen 06-07-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
Crap is 97 on my Madden season. :)

You really need to stop playing on Rookie level. ;)

Lzen 06-07-2006 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
Crap our WRs suck. When the likes of Samie Parker and Crap Thorpe are potentially 2 of your top 3 WR options that is sad.

morphius 06-07-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Or he was still rehabbing that injury. Who can be certain?

I don't know, it didn't seem like he was missing any practice during the week.

ct 06-07-2006 08:32 AM

Wow, people are impossible to please!

We've got 3 legit, young WR prospects, and still people bitch and moan. So much is made that beyond EK we've got nobody proven, and forget that Gonzo is option #1, Kennison is #2, and Parker is then option #3.

Our receiving personel ain't so dire, folks. If Thorpe can develop this season, and Webb by or during next season, we are in fine shape. This doesn't even mention that Gonzo and Kennison may still be here and productive next year too. Add to that we also have another young, darkhourse project in Jeris McIntyre, and a dangerous weapon in situational Dante Hall.

Personally, outside of a true stud falling in our laps in the draft next year, I think we're in good shape for the future, if not the present. If that stud rookie falls in our lap, then we are in excellent shape! This is a run 1st team anyway, so frankly, I don't see that we must have a Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, TO, etc.

morphius 06-07-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
Wow, people are impossible to please!

We've got 3 legit, young WR prospects, and still people bitch and moan. So much is made that beyond EK we've got nobody proven, and forget that Gonzo is option #1, Kennison is #2, and Parker is then option #3.

Our receiving personel ain't so dire, folks. If Thorpe can develop this season, and Webb by or during next season, we are in fine shape. This doesn't even mention that Gonzo and Kennison may still be here and productive next year too. Add to that we also have another young, darkhourse project in Jeris McIntyre, and a dangerous weapon in situational Dante Hall.

Personally, outside of a true stud falling in our laps in the draft next year, I think we're in good shape for the future, if not the present. If that stud rookie falls in our lap, then we are in excellent shape! This is a run 1st team anyway, so frankly, I don't see that we must have a Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, TO, etc.

That is pretty close to my feeling as well. I think we have seen what happens when we go dump money on a past pro-bowl WR and bring them to KC.

As a group we are nearly impossible to please, as so many people have wanted to build through the draft, but then don't give the players any time to develop. Hell, you could probably count on your hand how many people here didn't consider LJ a bust.

StcChief 06-07-2006 10:02 AM

Hope he turns into #2 or #3...Hall is too fragile to be a receiver. Tired of holding my breathe with him as a receiver...

Chief Faithful 06-07-2006 10:56 AM

If Crap can prove he can do the job in preseason then I'm good with Dante becoming dedicated to the return role, but I want to see proof on the field. Dante has proved that he can do the job at #3 so I want him to retain the job until someone proves to be better.

As for Jeris he has to step up this year or take a walk.

CupidStunt 06-07-2006 11:00 AM

3 "legit young WR prospects"? Who the hell are they and what minor league system are they in?

Samie Parker would be a solid #3 on most teams and i'd give you him; who else?