ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Official "Heroes" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149388)

ExtremeChief 12-07-2006 09:37 AM

When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

Amnorix 12-07-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

He hasn't been, yet, that I know about.

Redrum_69 12-07-2006 09:54 AM

I like Lemon Meringue pie

Amnorix 12-07-2006 09:54 AM

Oh, one further thought -- emits nuclear radiation -- just about the least cool, least useful, least sexy power ever. Talk about not being able to get chicks with it... Only Claire could survive a relationship with him (not that he'd turn that down or anything). :eek:

ExtremeChief 12-07-2006 09:57 AM

Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 10:31 AM

I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

Wrasse 12-07-2006 10:45 AM

I enjoy the show save for one issue that I have with it...maybe I missed something that explains it but I'm having a hard time believing there is some crazy mathematical formula that figures out who is 'special'. It doesn't make much sense to me...I'm sure they'll go into it a little more but, if anyone has any other details, please share. So far I've gathered that Mohinder's dad put together some formula that resulted in a list of names...maybe I just got that part wrong. :)

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 11:04 AM

I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person

Wrasse 12-07-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person

Well that would make much more sense.

I hope they go into detail on this point...I must know! :P

foxman 12-07-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

I wondered what the point of him being sick was, especially considering that he was getting sick while in the presence of Claire. It would seem that her presence would have kept that from hapening.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

It isn't at all clear to me that Peter retains the powers that he absorbs from heroes around him. AFAICT, unlike Sylar, he just borrows those powers for as long as the other hero is nearby. Am I wrong about this?

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 01:09 PM

but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?

Tinlar 12-07-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?

Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinlar
Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

OK, maybe. I'm not sure it was ever clear how close Peter had to be to the other hero to use their powers to begin with, but maybe you're right. It will be interesting to see more when the spring season starts.