ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Chargers are for real (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154664)

Iowanian 12-18-2006 03:04 PM

Finally, a bolt fan with history of pre and postgame comment finds his way.

Shamrock, most of your new friends can seriosly take a flying Fug after a rolling dounut, hopefully in heavy traffic.

Purchase Kleenex now.....a heartbreak is coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock
Hi Corn Cob .......

The Bolts will make it to the "big game" and win the damn thing ...

the dolts have some pass protection issues, a qb that doesn't deal well with pressure and a suspect secondary. good luck with that vs good teams.

BreesLightning 12-18-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Or maybe it has to do with alleged fans with no clue how to show the slightest touch of class signing up on this board the day AFTER the big win to gloat.

This board has always been welcoming of fans from other teams who want to come on and discuss the games beforehand. Many of them visit semi-regularly and are well respected, especially the ones that show back up after the game, win or lose.

I'll give credit where credit is due. However, jackasses that show up on an opposing team board after the game with one whole post and demand that everyone join in their unfettered praise of their team are due absolutely nothing.

How many times are you guys going to say this? Do you idiots ever think to look at a "joined" date before you post this crap?

The KC education system at its finest...

BreesLightning 12-18-2006 03:15 PM

And by the way, I don't play for the Chargers so you don't have to give me or any other Charger fan out there credit so quit with BS excuses.

Give credit to the team that rolled yours instead of posting all your whining threads.

Iowanian 12-18-2006 03:16 PM

Can I buy an Earthquake on Ebay?

How about a mudslide?

BreesLightning 12-18-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

How about a mudslide?

I've already ordered you a copy Screech's dirty sanchez tape for christmas.

Now you and the wife can fulfill all your childhood fantasies together.

jersey 12-18-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

How about a mudslide?

Where can I get a tornado? A snow storm? Not having the temperature above 0 for the entire month of January?

Are we really going to start doing weather smack here?

Iowanian 12-18-2006 03:21 PM

Why don't you go ahead and put that towards your life dream of having George Michael take a dump on your bare chest, nancy.

Iowanian 12-18-2006 03:22 PM

How about instead we have

"douchebags who weren't here before the game, not talk shit to disgruntled Chiefs fans day" instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey
Where can I get a tornado? A snow storm? Not having the temperature above 0 for the entire month of January?

Are we really going to start doing weather smack here?

Shamrock 12-18-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Finally, a bolt fan with history of pre and postgame comment finds his way.

Shamrock, most of your new friends can seriosly take a flying Fug after a rolling dounut, hopefully in heavy traffic.

Purchase Kleenex now.....a heartbreak is coming.

the dolts have some pass protection issues, a qb that doesn't deal well with pressure and a suspect secondary. good luck with that vs good teams.

Schematically, the Bolts do have some issues with pass protection. I've been hounding some OL apologists on my main board in regards to the slide protection in our C-G gaps - primarily between Hardwick and my favorite whipping boy, right guard Mike Goff.

Centering the defense is the issue, IMO. Teams have been able to throw an extra man into the middle and create havoc after Hardwick has point of the center of the slide. It also manifested itself (badly) when Gates got solo'd up on Hali. That should never happen.

However, the Squaws have arguably the BEST combination of guards and center in the NFL, yet you were repeatedly subjected to similar blitz issues from our ILB's. Edwards (who had his best game in 3 seasons) and Godfrey came virtually untouched multiple times.

Sliding the protection is difficult, if you are anticipating something that doesn't happen. It either leaves an edge protector with no one to block (which overloads the then weak side of the protection scheme) or it puts a good pass rusher in solo protection on a TE or RB (see Gates vs. Hali).

Rivers has dealt with protection issues and pressure very well this season (see Pittsburgh, Cincy, Donkeys, etc). This game, he didn't. He also was high, wide, low, etc early, even without protection problems. One bad game after a string of good games can be chalked up to the "first year starter" seeing something new and not dealing with it well. It's part of the QB growth.

The CB's played very well, especially Jammer. No INT's for him, but several pass defensed, blanket coverage, and he displayed again why he's the best tackling CB in the NFL. Our safeties limited Gonzo, after a string of games vs KC where he was basically uncoverable (is that a word?).

Merriman is nursing a sore foot, and wasn't as effective as usual. Still, our front seven rocked KC's world for most of the game. The few rushing successes the Squaws had were mostly when Jamal Williams was getting a breather.

Every team has weaknesses. Every team tries to hide those issues, and every opponent tries to exploit them. The Chargers are the closest to be a "complete" team. Nothing is easy, but this team will make it to the Super Bowl and win it.

BTW: The freaking Donkeys are now the 6th seed .... last wild card. I'd love to have the chance to beat them for a third time this season. : :)

trndobrd 12-18-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreesLightning
How many times are you guys going to say this? Do you idiots ever think to look at a "joined" date before you post this crap?

The KC education system at its finest...

Yes, I can read "joined" dates. I can also see that before your post at 10:34pm last night your last post was Oct 15, 2006 and the one before that was November 2005.

Where were you when your team got rolled? Didn't see a flood of posts.

tk13 12-18-2006 03:31 PM

You Charger fans aren't gonna get any validation yet. I agree, I think you guys look like you have the best team in football. But you aren't getting any validation in the regular season. Nor should you. I think Marty has had the best team in football, or at least in the AFC, on more than one occasion. He has to go do something with it though. I think this is one of his best chances... and if he does it, I'll tip my hat and say congratulations, you earned it. But until then, Marty has to go prove it.

trndobrd 12-18-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock

The CB's played very well, especially Jammer. No INT's for him, but several pass defensed, blanket coverage, and he displayed again why he's the best tackling CB in the NFL. Our safeties limited Gonzo, after a string of games vs KC where he was basically uncoverable (is that a word?).

This was a huge problem for KC. Especially when combined with the KC receivers dropping the few passes they were open for.

Skip Towne 12-18-2006 03:41 PM

The Chargers have as good a chance to win it all as anyone. They scored on 6 consecutive possessions against Cincy to pull that game out then hung 48 points on the vaunted Donk Defense. Marty is still evolving. He is a work in progress. How'd ya like that fake punt early in the first quarter? Not really that conservative. Herm would have to gather his courage for three years to pull something like that.

htismaqe 12-18-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
The Chargers have as good a chance to win it all as anyone. They scored on 6 consecutive possessions against Cincy to pull that game out then hung 48 points on the vaunted Donk Defense. Marty is still evolving. He is a work in progress. How'd ya like that fake punt early in the first quarter? Not really that conservative. Herm would have to gather his courage for three years to pull something like that.

The fake punt has always been in Marty's bag. Going for it on 4th down doesn't make a coach progressive.

StcChief 12-18-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

Marty (or the OC) really surprised Chiefs and me.....

That was the 'anti-Marty' play.