ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The future is bright. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156216)

Deberg_1990 01-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Who should Carl have hired?

He needs to quit surrounding himself with "yes" men and think outside the box for once.

The best ting he ever did was hire Scottenheimer and they really had no history together before that.

The guy has basically gotten fat and happy and coasted for 10+ years now.

2112 01-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
So GC has went from a Herm hater to lover and a Huard lover to Green backer?

Wow flip flop much?

He flip flops more than a pancake at your local IHOP on a Sunday morning..

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Wow flip flop much?

It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

Easy 6 01-07-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
It's more about not being so predictable..you can be conservative and try and fool the other team..the last team to ever play smash mouth run it down your throat football was the 1990 NY Giants....you can't play that way anymore..

I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.

2112 01-07-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.

Dude..I have seen that game plan before..and what gets me is..he plays more terrified away, than at home..there is a big difference in the Chiefs offense when they play at Arrowhead.

Halfcan 01-07-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

The concussion and time off clearly affected him as a player. If he had not gotten hurt I believe he would have been more consistent. Huard hurt us in some ballgames this year.

Then why play him if you have someone else who is completely healthy and played well?

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Hell if you are going to name a coach who wasn't available why not Andy Reid or better yet Vince Lombardi.

Herm was under contract in NYJ IIRC. Didn't we give them a draft pick?

GROB 01-07-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Wow flip flop much?

Isn't that the truth. Don't forget gooooonther.

ChiefsLV 01-07-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

Please don't say that. That would also mean CP would be here at least five years too.

DaWolf 01-07-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

And Bill Parcells lost yet another playoff game after yet another mediocre season in Dallas. And Mike Shanahan lost at home to San Francisco and didn't even make the playoffs. Are they all of a sudden bad coaches too? Give me a break. People just want to point the finger these days...

2112 01-07-2007 04:52 PM

One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?

2112 01-07-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?

Players cramping up inside a 70 degree dome are not in very good shape..

Tribal Warfare 01-07-2007 04:59 PM

As Long as King Carl is here their will be no progress period