ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Is Grossman the worst QB to ever start the Super Bowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157090)

Hootie 01-21-2007 11:33 PM

I'd rather have Grossman then any of our QB's...and it's not even close.

OnTheWarpath15 01-21-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
The guy I offered my ticket to decided it was too much of an imposition on me to go to the trouble of getting the tickets and not get to enjoy the game. I tried to talk him out of it, but he made up his mind.

Of course, since he's a Saints fan, it worked out just fine for him in the end; had he attended, he'd have just paid $150 to watch his team get slaughtered.

Yeah, that's not a lot of fun, I can speak from experience. Figures my first losing road game ever was in the playoffs......

Go Bears.

Thig Lyfe 01-21-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
and I wish the Chiefs had someone like Rex Grossman...at least the Bears have a future at QB...right now we have Brodie Croyle and Casey Printers...which isn't too pretty.

Option right! Go!

Hootie 01-21-2007 11:34 PM

(and keep in mind I watched every single Bears game this year, so it's not like I don't get the opportunity to see the guy play)...

His problem is inconsistency. He either has a very solid game, or a very poor game. The dude had 6 career starts entering this season. I think he gets a few years before he can be considered 'trash.'

And besides, he's in the Super Bowl starting at QB, isn't he?

Hootie 01-21-2007 11:35 PM

Oh, and, when the Bears needed him most today he stepped up and made some FANTASTIC throws.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

I'd rather have Grossman then any of our QB's...and it's not even close.

Grossman has two good RBs, two good WRs, a very good line, an above average TE, a very very good defense, and he still sucks ass.

The guy has been in the league 3 years. Mentally, he should not make these dumb motherfucker decisions...had it been 3 games, then yes, but this guy makes 8th grade throws at the NFL level.

OnTheWarpath15 01-21-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hummus' Jenkins
Leinart: better
Smith: Better
Bulger: Better
Hasselbeck: Better

Vick: Better
Brees: Light years better
Delhomme: Better
Simms: Shitty, but just a little better

T. Jackson: Worse
Kitna: A little better (sadly)
Favre: Better

McNabb: Better
Romo: A homo, but better
E. Manning: Sadly, even he's better
J. Campbell: Promising...and better

Green: Better
Rivers: Better
Brooks/Walter: Worse
Cutler: Better

Carr: About the same
Garrard: Better
Manning: C'mon
V. Young: Better

Harrington: Worse, but still outplayed him H2H
Pennington: Better
Brady: C'mon
Losman: Still better

Frye: Worse
Roethlisberger: A little better
Palmer: Better
McNair: Horrible, washed up, but still...better.

I could argue for Frye, Harrington and Walter. I think they could all do better than Grossman if playing for the Bears. JMO.

Agree 100% on Tavaris Jackson.

KurtCobain 01-21-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Oh, and, when the Bears needed him most today he stepped up and made some FANTASTIC throws.

You fall in love with the shittiest QBs.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

He threw two nice hook patterns, and lobbed a pass up there that decent CB would have picked off. It was a terrible pass...

Your hero finished 11-26 against anything but a withering pass rush.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
I could argue for Frye, Harrington and Walter. I think they could all do better than Grossman if playing for the Bears. JMO.

Agree 100% on Tavaris Jackson.

Oh I thought about it...but I wanted to be objective-ish

Hootie 01-21-2007 11:39 PM

Grossman is my hero?

Hahahaha.

All I said was, he's better than anything (for the future) that we have on our roster.

We have two 33+ QB's and two shitty non roster spot deserving QB's on our team!

Grossman has shown in plenty of games he has what it takes to be an NFL QB...

KcMizzou 01-21-2007 11:41 PM

I don't understand how so many people can pass judgement on Croyle. (either way) We haven't even seen the guy play yet...

BWillie 01-21-2007 11:42 PM

Well, Grossman has played fine in the playoffs so far. He had 5 great games to start the season, had a lull, and played pretty well at the end of the season. Maybe he's just streaky? I'm not saying he's a great QB, or ever will be, but I think he can manage into a formidable starter in time.

tk13 01-21-2007 11:42 PM

I don't know if I'd take Grossman over Croyle.

KurtCobain 01-21-2007 11:42 PM

I'm excited about Croyle and believe he has more talent than Grossman could possibly pray to ala for.