ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peter King SI, A couple of nuggets about DT and the Hall.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157937)

tk13 02-05-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock
I think this one might be okay, because regardless of what a bunch of stomach stapling frauds like Peter King may think, there's a list a mile long of guys who played against DT who have said he should be in the HOF. Several of them are in the HOF themselves. Come to think of it, has anybody who played against him ever said he shouldn't be in? I can't think of anyone.

That Fox Sports preview show with Tim Brown and Jason Seahorn and that crew are all morons, but they did a HOF vote thing where each guy could only pick 3 guys from this year's class to make it in. I think all 3 ex-players on the show picked DT as 1 of their 3. They played against him, they know what he was like.

A few more years of DT not making it and maybe some of these guys will start getting vocal, knowing he's not around to make his own case.

From 2005:

Quote:

The Chiefs conducted an active letter-writing campaign on Thomas' behalf, including letters from several Hall of Famers and current coaches such as Bill Walsh, Marv Levy, Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Shanahan, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Jackie Slater, Marcus Allen and Warren Moon, said Peterson. Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt also sent letters to the voters.
That is the kind of screwy thing about it... I bet if you had a committee of top coaches and players doing it, he'd probably get in. That is a pretty impressive list of individuals, I'd value their opinions over anyone who is on the HOF committee.

FAX 02-05-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Why is Bob Presenting again-can we get someone with some freakin credibilty please?

I would love to see someone like Lanier present his case next time. Let a current HOFer who played a similar position do the honors and beat the crap out of anyone who disagrees.

FAX

HMc 02-05-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
From 2005:

That is the kind of screwy thing about it... I bet if you had a committee of top coaches and players doing it, he'd probably get in. That is a pretty impressive list of individuals, I'd value their opinions over anyone who is on the HOF committee.

hey. PMs

boogblaster 02-05-2007 11:07 PM

DT was as they put it one-dimensional..but that was his package in the defence.. "blitz package bonanza"..and the only one before him was LT..and no-one since has even came close..

stevieray 02-05-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I would love to see someone like Lanier present his case next time. Let a current HOFer who played a similar position do the honors and beat the crap out of anyone who disagrees.

FAX

Lanier would be perfect..I really enjoy listening to him speak. Smart man.

007 02-05-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
Lanier would be perfect..I really enjoy listening to him speak. Smart man.

So how was it Stevie?

Rain Man 02-06-2007 01:49 AM

DT was taken with the 4th pick in the draft, and Chiefs fans think we got a steal. What does that say about the guy?

And the one-dimensional thing is ludicrous. He was one-dimensional because he was so good at pass rushing that only an insane person would have him do anything else. Could Eric Dickerson block? Who the hell cares. Could Dan Marino scramble? Who the hell cares.

Halfcan 02-06-2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
DT was taken with the 4th pick in the draft, and Chiefs fans think we got a steal. What does that say about the guy?

And the one-dimensional thing is ludicrous. He was one-dimensional because he was so good at pass rushing that only an insane person would have him do anything else. Could Eric Dickerson block? Who the hell cares. Could Dan Marino scramble? Who the hell cares.

Email that to Bob for next year when he blows it. That is a kickass response right there!

ChiefFan31 02-06-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Honestly, I think it's small market syndrome at work again, Mr. stevieray.

He'll be pushed to the back of the line unless or until a class comes along in which he is a much more obvious choice by comparison. Either way, the claim that he was too "one-dimensional" is completely ridiculous. I cite the Stenerud example. Who can be more "one-dimensional" than a kicker?

FAX

I concur with it mainly being a small market problem. If he was a NYG there would be plenty O slobbering taking place.

J Diddy 02-06-2007 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFan31
I concur with it mainly being a small market problem. If he was a NYG there would be plenty O slobbering taking place.

yep see michael strahan

Bill Lundberg 02-06-2007 07:58 AM

and Andre Reed (a good player who benefited from a great offense with a great triggerman in Jim Kelly).

Did he or did he not just describe Michael Irvin to a tee.

BigRedChief 02-06-2007 08:03 AM

Adam Teicher was on the DA show and said he should be in but he understands that he's not a slam dunk.
People remember that in his biggest game of his life (AFC Championship game in Buffalo) that he was standing on the sidelines, a non-factor because he was getting pushed around in Bills running game. He thought that was a point that the one dimensional argument voters keep making. And that its a valid point.

StcChief 02-06-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Adam Teicher was on the DA show and said he should be in but he understands that he's not a slam dunk.
People remember that in his biggest game of his life (AFC Championship game in Buffalo) that he was standing on the sidelines, a non-factor because he was getting pushed around in Bills running game. He thought that was a point that the one dimensional argument voters keep making. And that its a valid point.

True...

Look at the other games he did change. AFC Championship is just one game.

Better pull out statements by the media during the 90s about him.

petegz28 02-06-2007 10:10 AM

So was LT one dimensional?

Chief Chief 02-06-2007 10:18 AM

"The only ones I did not support were Ray Guy (not a singular punter in my opinion, despite his legend)...

Singular punter? WTF?!?!!