ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   13 years ago today. . . (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160826)

Thig Lyfe 04-05-2007 10:03 PM

COURTNEY LOVE KILLED POPE JOHN PAUL II!!!

crazycoffey 04-05-2007 10:08 PM

I don't think you could have replace either Kurt or Dave

Extra Point 04-05-2007 10:11 PM

And I get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Tribal Warfare 04-05-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
kurt cobain shot himself. . .

and years later Lane Staley shot himself

Sam Hall 04-05-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Sorry, wrong. You couldn't have replaced Cobain in Nirvana, but you sure as hell could have replaced Grohl.

Ever heard of the Foo Fighters?

Demonpenz 04-05-2007 11:43 PM

I remember hearing nirvana for the first time. My older cousin and I would hang out all the time after school he was 18 I was 11 or 12. He would bow down to van halen stevie ray vaughn all the greats. Then Smells like teen spirit came on and he was like watch this shit.... You can't understand the words. I knew something was changed that instant. That was the first time i can remember on a video mosh pitting stage diving. Oh the flannel shirts, the dirty long hair tucked into a ball cap, some courdery jeans, thse were the days. I wore a pearl jam t shirt that said 9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons to guns. That was 2 years before columbine.

jlscorpio 04-06-2007 12:38 AM

Gotta agree with Htis, Soundgarden and AIC were the best of the Seattle crop. Mudhoney and the Screaming Trees were the unsung heroes of the scene. The media rammed Nirvana and Pearl Jam down our throats ad nauseum. It took me years to gain an appreciation of Nirvana, and I have come to enjoy some PJ tracks from later albums, but Soundgarden and AIC were truly great bands, in any era.

Brock 04-06-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
Ever heard of the Foo Fighters?

Ever heard of "Average band"? Hell, Grohl doesn't even play drums in that band.

Lzen 04-06-2007 08:41 AM

Frankly, I never cared much for Nirvana. I understand their impact on popular music. Just not really my thing. Just like the Rolling Stones. I know they have a had big impact on rock over the years. I just never cared for them. I'm with Sam Hall, I like Foo Fighters much better.

Lzen 04-06-2007 08:41 AM

Oh yeah, I loved Soundgarden and AIC.

Lzen 04-06-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
and years later Lane Staley shot himself

You mean he overdosed on heroin?

percysnow 04-06-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
Dave Grohl was far and away the most talented member of Nirvana. He can do it all. Cobain was extremely overrated in terms of talent.

if it wasnt for Kurt u wouldnt even know Dave Grohls name and there would be no foo fighters. . and thats a fact

Lzen 04-06-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
if it wasnt for Kurt u wouldnt even know Dave Grohls name and there would be no foo fighters. . and thats a fact

No, that is an opinion.

percysnow 04-06-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
No, that is an opinion.

an opinion is that ur a jerk off. . .

Brock 04-06-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
No, that is an opinion.

Eh, it's pretty unlikely Grohl would be where he is today if he hadn't been in Nirvana. To think otherwise is pretty silly.