ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   5th round: who to take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162208)

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skini

Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

couldn't find SI on Frye

Brandon Frye, OL

* Height: 6-4
* Weight: 301
* 40 Time: 5.08
* Vertical: 32.5
* Shuttle: 4.4
* 3-Cone: 7.5
* Bench Reps: 34

Brandon Frye is an intriguing prospect to many NFL scouts. He is an excellent athlete, with very good quickness and upper body strength for a player his size. But on the other hand, he has virtually no game experience compared to other offensive line prospects in the draft.

Frye did not get any meaningful playing time until the Gator Bowl at the end of his junior season. When Jimmy Martin went down with an injury, Frye had to step up and play for the first time, and he did a good job against All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil. Frye started as a senior, but was never healthy thanks to an elbow injury suffered against Northeastern and a severely sprained ankle against Miami.

So how good is Frye? No one really knows. His numbers suggest he has a lot of potential, but his on-field play was less than stellar in 2006, partly due to numerous injuries. Also, he probably doesn't have the bulk needed to play tackle in the NFL. He could be moved down to guard by whatever team he inks with.

With little game film and a senior season filled with injuries, NFL teams won't waste a first day or early second day pick on Frye. However, his athletic ability should warrant some team spending a late round draft pick to acquire him.

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:22 AM

Doug Free goes to Dallas.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

POSITIVES: Tough, instinctive linebacker who makes plays sideline-to-sideline. Diagnoses the action, explodes up the field and chases hard to get involved. Possesses a burst of speed, plays with good overall quickness and flashes on the scene.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently take proper angles to the action. Short, and blocked by opposing running backs. Mismatched against tight ends in coverage.

ANALYSIS: A hard-working defender who gives great effort, Olajubutu is a good fit in a one-gap system and should be a demon on special teams.

PROJECTION: Middle Seventh Round

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

POSITIVES: Athletic cornerback still developing at the position. Reads receiver.s eyes, locates the ball in the air and nicely times pass defenses. Quickly breaks to the action and wins out in battles.

NEGATIVES: Just average pedaling in reverse and prefers to side-shuffle. Struggles downfield with his back to the ball. Does not show top-end speed.

ANALYSIS: A solid athlete who displayed improvement as a senior, Lewis still has a ways to go, yet offers the size/speed numbers to get a look in camp this summer.

PROJECTION: Late Fifth Round

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:25 AM

DAMN!!!

Brock 04-29-2007 10:25 AM

Too bad, Allen Barbre is gone.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

I'll pass on the FB on principle :p

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

Skini 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Lewis sounds like he could be a good pickup to me, sounds like he isn't even close to the peak of his ability yet. I like the idea of having someone like Olajubutu with intensity/speed/ability playing special teams for us.

royr17 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

shit mansfield wrotto just went off the board.

fuggin seahags.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

REPOST

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:31 AM

Aundrae Allison is still on the board

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Aundrae Allison is still on the board

who the **** names their kid "aundrae"

POSITIVES: Hot and cold pass catcher who is a force when focused on his game. Quickly releases off the line, displays sharpness running routes and gets separation from opponents. Adjusts to the errant throw, flashes the ability to snatch the pass from the air and

NEGATIVES: Does not play with consistent focus, takes his eyes off the ball and drops some catchable throws. Lazily comes off the line if he.s not directly involved in the action. Not always willing to battle for the difficult reception.

ANALYSIS: Though he suffered with an ankle injury through much of his senior campaign, Allison did not meet expectations last year. Came back and had a strong performance at the Senior Bowl yet his inconsistent play and less than desirable work ethic will hurt him

PROJECTION: Middle Third Round

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:35 AM

Irons is still there...

If he would just slide 21 more spots...

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:48 AM

Still quite a ways to go until we go on the clock again.

I'd like to get Irons, but who knows if he'll be there...