ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone else catch Carl on Petro? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164121)

keg in kc 06-06-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Whatever safeguard Carl is going to place in the contract in November, December, January, etc., would be the same one he could place in it right now.

Even if Allen is a boyscout don't you think Carl is going to insist on some clauses that protect the team?

You don't hand a suspended player a new contract. That sends a bad message to everyone, basically telling tell your fans, players and the league that you don't care about what he did. Terrible precedent to set.

Chalk it up as part of the price Allen has to pay for his mistakes.

JimNasium 06-06-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i was agreeing with you

:toast:

Mr. Laz 06-06-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
the chance of Jared violating those provisions go down greatly over time.

and how do you figure that?

definitely need to follow that my "in my opinion of which i'm just pulling out of my ass"

i'm not a recovery alcoholic .... but from what i understand. The chance of a relapse holds pretty steady after the initial drying out period.

OnTheWarpath15 06-06-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Petro said something about not being able to go to Herm's press conferences bc they are during his show. And Carl said that they should switch you to afternoon slot bc you get better ratings than the other show.

Nice.

Even though if he'd just let it all out and said KK is a douchnozzle, he'd probably earn some new fans......

TRR 06-06-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
You don't hand a suspended player a new contract. That sends a bad message to everyone, basically telling tell your fans, players and the league that you don't care about what he did. Terrible precedent to set.

I agree with you. If Allen wants to be payed like a top 5 DE, than he needs to start acting like it off the field. You don't see Strahan or Jason Taylor getting DUI's. It's going to take time for Allen to earn trust. I wouldn't give him a new contract until he keeps his nose clean for the entire season.

htismaqe 06-06-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
and how do you figure that?

definitely need to follow that my "in my opinion of which i'm just pulling out of my ass"

i'm not a recovery alcoholic .... but from what i understand. The chance of a relapse holds pretty steady after the initial drying out period.

I'm a recovering addict.

First-hand experience.

shaneo69 06-06-2007 01:51 PM

I'm sure Carl wants to wait on giving Jared a new contract until the end of this season so that he can point at his 2007 stats (which will no doubt be worse due to the 4-game suspension) and use that as negotiating leverage.

kc rush 06-06-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Nice.

Even though if he'd just let it all out and said KK is a douchnozzle, he'd probably earn some new fans......

It was pretty apparent where he was going with it. I got a chuckle.

I haven't been listening this afternoon, but I'm sure the comment activated KK's time of the month.

Chiefnj 06-06-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc

Kind of like welcoming back a multi-suspended player that retired and then un-retired?

keg in kc 06-06-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Kind of like welcoming back a multi-suspended player that retired and then un-retired?

That might merit a well-thought-out response if it actually had any bearing whatsoever on this situation.

htismaqe 06-06-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
I'm sure Carl wants to wait on giving Jared a new contract until the end of this season so that he can point at his 2007 stats (which will no doubt be worse due to the 4-game suspension) and use that as negotiating leverage.

And Jared will counter with "per game" stats, no doubt.

You act as if Carl would be doing something wrong by doing that.

htismaqe 06-06-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

When was that player involved in multi-million dollar contract dicussions? I must have missed that one.

GoHuge 06-06-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
I agree; Jared needs to demonstrate the ability to clean up his act and keep it that way.

:toast:

Mr. Laz 06-06-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I'm a recovering addict.

First-hand experience.

so you're saying that staying clean actually gets easier?

so a guy 2 years clean is more likely to have a relapse than a guy 5 years clean?

not from everything i've heard ..... as soon as an addict thinks they have it beaten they fall right back into their destructive behavior.

htismaqe 06-06-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
so you're saying that staying clean actually gets easier?

so a guy 2 years clean is more likely to have a relapse than a guy 5 years clean?

not from everything i've heard ..... as soon as an addict thinks they have it beaten they fall right back into their destructive behavior.

Yep. 8 years clean. Gets easier every day that goes by.