ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Uh oh, Dr Z ABSOLUTELY RIPS APART Trent Green (and BBQ!)... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17303)

KCTitus 06-18-2001 01:06 PM

as I am sure that many 'Skins fans feel the same way about the Chiefization of the Redskins. - This couldnt be further from the truth.

Most Skins fans are embracing the new regime with tempered optimism. For those that may not know, Donnell Bennett will be replacing the released Centers at FB. He will NOT be a RB. Lockett is going to be fighting for a starting WR spot.

There has been no discussion about the 'wholesale import' of another 'scheme'.

The biggest story as of late has been whether or not Marty will release Deion. They wont because they cannot afford the cap hit.

Packfan 06-19-2001 07:00 AM

Htmaq,

Gunter had "the worst staff in the history of the NFL..."

If they were so rotten, how come most of them found other jobs in the NFL?? Good ol boy network? Maybe. But as I said many, many times, you must have the talent. You cant win week in and week out by outsmarting/out hustling other teams. The Chiefs simply were outclassed most of the year in terms of talent. Thats not entirely the fault of the coaching staff. Most of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the GM. Dont get me wrong, Gunter was in way over his head. He was the 2nd lowest paid head coach. Peterson got what he paid for.

Until the Chiefs get talent on both sides of the ball, you will continue to be confused and frustrated with your coaching staff.
The core problem with the Chiefs has and will continue to be the guy acquiring all these non-talented players/coaches.

htismaqe 06-19-2001 07:45 AM

Pack,

You really have to ask? How do guys with long histories of failure continuously get coaching jobs every day? You answered your own question. I mean look where Jimmy Raye and Kurt got jobs -- with Marty.

The problem with last year's team WASN'T talent. Gunther's little "I'm quitting" thing after the FIRST GAME of the year set the tone.

We lost the Indy game due to poor playcalling on offense, and Grbac's interception. We lost the Tennessee game ONLY because of poor defensive playcalling. Combine that with Gunther's "I just need to get into more of the meetings and put my stamp on things" rants, and you have a team that lost all will to succeed.

Last year was 90% because of GUNTHER.

Rausch 09-12-2002 12:43 AM

Top....

Just to compare.....

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2002 02:36 AM

I know it's old, but...

He can bash Green all he wants, but to say BBQ is overrated is a TOTALLY REPREHENSIBLE act. I should beat him to a bloody pulp with some ribs.

stevieray 09-12-2002 08:22 AM

Geeez. Take a look at the Rams since DV has left....Martz's ego has trickled down....They couldn't score against the Chiefs in preseason. And could barely score against the Donx. And the Rams have all the talent in the world. go for it on fourth and ten...? HAHA

DV, on the other hand, is about character and discipline....Dick has transformed this team in a huge way, in a year. Possibly the best Oline out there. Plus PH, TR, TG, WR, JM, EK. I can clearly see that DV was a big part of the Rams success, and has brought that to KC.

This season will prove the above statemnts.

KCinNY 09-12-2002 08:31 AM

BBQ overrated??

Them's fightin' words.

PRIEST 09-12-2002 08:45 AM

What Stevieray said . Martz's this time next year will be known as the putz that broke the lambs back:)