ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WHITLOCK - IT’S TIME TO LOSE FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176315)

Coach 12-09-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
How you gettin a 2nd first? No team has 2 first rounders this year....

Well, the Patriots did, before they got involved in the spying business, which they lost out the lowest pick on the first round.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
We'll agree to disagree on this one.

And no that I think about it, rooting for Atlanta to win may not be as smart as I thought.

Let them pick ahead of us, and make the Brian Brohm mistake.

Remember, LB is a position that is generally devalued in the draft unless they are monster pass rushing LB's.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

No kidding.

Unless he blows out both knees, or goes on a kill-crazy rampage before now and April, he'll be the #1 pick.

Then again, after the cluster**** of a draft Cam Cameron pulled on his fans last year, anything is possible.

I think Sedrick Ellis is almost as good as he is.....the dropoff between those 2 isn't as big as some might think.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Dallas has 2 picks in R1.

Theirs and Cleveland's.

Unless Dallas traded theirs and I missed it.....

kcxiv 12-09-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
Maybe someday we'll get 2 good Whitlock columns in a row. Luckily the last one was so good that I forgive this idiocy.

This article was comedy gold. I enjoyed it. As bad as the Chiefs are. just joke about it. Its serious, but with a comedy twist. Its a good article for what he was trying for.

RedThat 12-09-2007 11:39 PM

Hey Mecca, do you think Sedric ellis is just as good as Glenn Dorsey?

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

No, he's saying that a lineman could justify dropping 20-25 spots in the draft.

I say fuck you to that.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Dallas has 2 picks in R1.

Theirs and Cleveland's.

Unless Dallas traded theirs and I missed it.....

Ah yes that's right.......but then you think, who would they come up for? What do they really need?

Their needs are things they can sit back and get.....like they could use a RB since they'll be letting Julius Jones go and they could use a WR...they don't need to move for those things....

They don't have any reason to move when they can get 2 guys in round 1 at their spots.

kcxiv 12-09-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

When people look at QB's to many of them look at size and arm strength and shit like that......they don't look at leadership, guys who make the plays to win games.

I like Woodson a ton and I know Holmezz will get pissed at me but I like Colt Brennan more than Ryan. I think Brennan has "it" despite him not having all of Ryans pure physical tools.

Werd. I think Colts going to be a good one.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
Hey Mecca, do you think Sedric ellis is just as good as Glenn Dorsey?

No, but I think they're close....I don't think there's a huge dropoff....I think Sedrick Ellis can be an all pro DT.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
No, he's saying that a lineman could justify dropping 20-25 spots in the draft.

I say fuck you to that.

If you are picking like 4th and you trade down you better not be moving more than 2-4 spots.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

No, trade the No. 4 pick for the No. Whatever pick in the first round and a starting offensive lineman.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Ah yes that's right.......but then you think, who would they come up for? What do they really need?

Their needs are things they can sit back and get.....like they could use a RB since they'll be letting Julius Jones go and they could use a WR...they don't need to move for those things....

They don't have any reason to move when they can get 2 guys in round 1 at their spots.

Again, I agree with you. Just pointing out that they have 2 picks.

However, if the board fell right, at least we know Jerry Jones is the type of owner that WOULD move up that far to get a player he wanted.

chiefsfan1963 12-09-2007 11:42 PM

I'll take a Top 10 with all our picks we have that should do wonders in rebuilding our OL. But we are not going to win the next 3. There's a better probability that we'll lose 3. Anyway Top 4 or 5 is actually looking really good right now.

RedThat 12-09-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

No, but I think they're close....I don't think there's a huge dropoff....I think Sedrick Ellis can be an all pro DT.

Even if the Chiefs draft at like #5, do you think if he is there, if youre the Chiefs you make that move and draft him?