ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   JoPo: MAJOR changes coming for the Chiefs this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176708)

Deberg_1990 12-16-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
I agree 100%.

Its a major relief to know that a complete team overhaul is in the works...Clark Hunt may love Carl & appreciate his loyalty, but you can bet that he's been read the riot act...irate fans, empty seats & lost revenue can test even the tightest business relationship.

Ill believe it when i see it.

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Zouk, is Herm Edwards responsible for the state of the New York Jets? If so, why should we have any confidence that Herm has a clue about building a roster?

:hmmm:

I thought the state of the NYJ's was DV fault as well? Because if DV didnt retire, Herm would of completed his master plan in NYJ. Even though NYJ was going to can his sorry ass...

Easy 6 12-16-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Ill believe it when i see it.

I think those waiting for Herm, Carl & Gun to go will be disappointed, my gut tells me that they will stay...but after that its wide open...OC, most if not all position coaches, aging players, unproductive players.

It wont please everybody, but it will be a good start.

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

I think those waiting for Herm, Carl & Gun to go will be disappointed, my gut tells me that they will stay...but after that its wide open...OC, most if not all position coaches, aging players, unproductive players.

It just might be a good enough start that in a year or two (god help us) a new GM and a real NFL coach might have something to build on....

Until then we are just spinning our wheels, hoping for 9-7....

Deberg_1990 12-16-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Well then, thats the same old "business as usual" solutions.

Typical of this organization....

I dont blame Carl anymore, i blame the Hunts.

Zouk 12-16-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Zouk, is Herm Edwards responsible for the state of the New York Jets? If so, why should we have any confidence that Herm has a clue about building a roster?

I've argued this before. He built a team in 2004 that was capable of winning in the playoffs in San Diego (when Drew Brees and not Phillip Rivers was QBing - meaning they were better then than now) and in Pittsburgh (they missed a kick and lost in overtime). If they were not in the same division as the Patriots (who were 14-2 and won the Super Bowl that year) they might have gotten home games in the playoffs and advanced further. But because the Pats were in their division, the best seed they could get was 5. That means road playoff games which means no Super Bowl in virtually all cases.

After the following year in which the top 2 QBs got hurt in the first quarter of the season (no NFL team has ever won in similar circumstance) he left the Jets and Mangini took over. The Herm Edwards' Jets 3 best defensive players were then traded (John Abraham) or were a poor fit for the new 3-4 scheme (Dewayne Robertson, Jon Vilma). So they're transitioning. I don't think Mangini deserves to be fired there, and I don't think Herm deserves to be fired here.

But the facts are overpowering that the Chiefs he inherited had the least amount of young talent of any team in the NFL. The bill for all those traded and wasted draft picks came due once Kennison, Roaf, Shields, Wiegmann, and Dunn stopped being functional NFL starters.

trndobrd 12-16-2007 09:47 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugJDx4ScF8Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugJDx4ScF8Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 09:51 AM

Thanks trndobrd, for the first gay reference to the game day thread!

siberian khatru 12-16-2007 09:53 AM

I thought it was a good column, for 2 reasons:

1) He addressed an important issue, not just in sports but in society, about the "I take the blame, I accept full responsibility -- without consequences" tact (I think someone posted a post-Waco picture of Janet Reno on this last week, which was clever and apt).

2) He didn't just speculate about or assert what needed to be done, he has a source inside the organization who says the higher-ups know the team has to be blown up. That's encouraging.

However, I will believe it when I see it.

Phobia 12-16-2007 09:58 AM

My column which will appear this week is similar in direction to JoPo's but he did it so much better than I ever could. Mine essentially leaves 1000 questions in your head about the state of the team. It boils down to who is ultimately responsible because so many things have gone wrong. The only solid phase of the whole team is the punting unit and that's 80% Colquitt.

the Talking Can 12-16-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru

2) He didn't just speculate about or assert what needed to be done, he has a source inside the organization who says the higher-ups know the team has to be blown up. That's encouraging.

However, I will believe it when I see it.

yup...I hope they weren't blowing smoke up his you know what...

Dave Lane 12-16-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Good Article....

As long as Herm is here, there isnt any hope for future success...

Unless someone takes us back to 1986.

:)

Deberg_1990 12-16-2007 10:24 AM

Mort on ESPN just reported (or speculated) that either Herm or Norm Chow was interviewed for the UCLA head coaching job last night.

Hmmm... Come on Carl, use your connections!!

the Talking Can 12-16-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Mort on ESPN just reported (or speculated) that either Herm or Norm Chow was interviewed for the UCLA head coaching job last night.

unfortunately, it has to be Chow...

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Have to be Chow...

No way a program like UCLA would try and hire Herm.. They cant be that stupid...