ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TEICHER: C Faine, K Brown may visit as soon as today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180934)

BigChiefFan 02-29-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607348)
That's nuts.......Samuel benefits from playing with the front 7 he does, he's a product of his team..

Clements did his thing on a bad team for the most part...someone is gonna overpay for Samuel and realize he isn't as good as he looked in NE.

Of course he has a great front seven and that improves his game, but to discount him as being some free agent bust, when the games say differently is clouded, IMO.

Just say you don't think the money is spent wisely for Samuels, but please don't discount Samuel's play-he's definitely elite. He'll continue to be so for the next few years, IMO, as well. The Patriots aren't the only team that can run an organization well, so I think it's incredible that so many just brush off AS as some kind of free agent bust. I'm sure Champ Bailey sucks, too. ( I know he was trade, but the point is he changed teams and still remained productive).

Chiefs Pantalones 02-29-2008 12:14 AM

I hope we get Bryant Johnson. That would be swell.

alanm 02-29-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607234)
Kris Brown is the Texans kicker....

Also I've heard some talk of the Jets and Lions swapping Rogers for Vilma straight up.

Their both former Huskers so their interchangeable.

BigChiefFan 02-29-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 4607355)
It's not a one for one thing.

You take Samuel.

I will take Bryant Johnson, Faine, and Brown.

We probably have $50 million in cap room right now, we could afford all of them easily and there's no cap next year as of now. For the record, I'm just saying you get what you pay for.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607381)
We probably have $50 million in cap room right now, we could afford all of them easily and there's no cap next year as of now. For the record, I'm just saying you get what you pay for.

The cap room doesn't matter, the Chiefs are already saying they don't have the "cash" to be big players....

They have to sign the #5 pick and the Chiefs aren't a huge spending team that plays in.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607381)

We have $25.8 as of the latest cuts, per NFLN.

It isn't just the cap. You have to have the CASH to pay the bonus. KC isn't going to spend $30-40M in bonuses including Jared Allen's potential deal.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607388)
We have $25.8 as of the latest cuts, per NFLN.

It isn't just the cap. You have to have the CASH to pay the bonus. KC isn't going to spend $30-40M in bonuses including Jared Allen's potential deal.

Throw in that #5 pick and you probably just cut more than half of the cash KC was gonna spend this year....

By the way Samuel is in Philly today/tomorrow and it's being widely reported that deal is all but done.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607390)
Throw in that #5 pick and you probably just cut more than half of the cash KC was gonna spend this year....

By the way Samuel is in Philly today/tomorrow and it's being widely reported that deal is all but done.

Do you remember what Levi Brown got last year at the 5 slot?

I'm thinking somewhere around $20-25M.

So between that, and a potential deal with Allen that would probably include another $20-25M in guaranteed money.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-29-2008 12:31 AM

I'd be thrilled if we signed Josh Brown. It would solidify that position for a decade. That guy is clutch. He won 4 games for that team in 07. The Hawks wouldn't have made the playoffs without him this year. He was their franchise player this year. I hope it goes down.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:31 AM

The Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night reached agreement with first-round draft pick Levi Brown, the offensive tackle from Penn State, on a six-year contract, ESPN.com has confirmed.

The contract, negotiated by agent Joel Segal, has a maximum value of $62 million. That is believed to be the most lucrative contract in NFL history for an offensive lineman, although Brown is unlikely to max out the deal by reaching all the incentives.

Brown was the second offensive lineman chosen in the draft. Cleveland selected tackle Joe Thomas as the third pick overall. Thomas has signed a five-year deal reportedly worth $42.5 million, with $22-23 million guaranteed.

Expect the guarantee's to be close to Thomas' deal with the increase every year...

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:35 AM

So we'd be looking at (likely) somewhere in the neighborhood of $70M in guaranteed money between LJ, Jared and our R1 pick.

We may be lucky to get both Faine and Brown.

The rest of the signings may be Anthony Alibi-like.

The Franchise 02-29-2008 12:36 AM

Too bad Faine has already signed with the Bucs.

6 years....$44 million dollars.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4607402)
Too bad Faine has already signed with the Bucs.

6 years....$44 million dollars.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/

Please tell me you're kidding.....

The Franchise 02-29-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607404)
Please tell me you're kidding.....

Unfortunately no. This is what ****ing happens with the Chiefs. They don't act ****ing quick enough on a position of need. It wouldn't have mattered anyways....we would have brought him in and let him leave without a contract.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:40 AM

They invited him in.....another team offered him a contract.