ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Herm We (Should) Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183182)

milkman 04-19-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 4693955)
Aren't you the same guy that led the "Germ Warfare" BS? So do you like herm or not? Make up your GD mind.

Changing the mind is a bitch's perogative.

BigChiefFan 04-19-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 4694261)
He didn’t panic when Willie Roaf unexpectedly retired before the 2006 training camp.

But he should have because that was a unmitigated disaster

He didn’t panic when Trent Green went down with a concussion a few months later.

But he should have because that was a disaster of biblical proportions

He didn’t panic when Larry Johnson held out for months last offseason,

But he should have because LJ had his worst season as a Chief following it and got injured severly to top it off.

and he didn’t panic after opening two consecutive seasons at 0-2.

but he should have because 4-12 isn't exactly an improvement over 0-2.

A cool head is one thing, sitting in your house while it is on fire is another.

Great post- I don't trust Herm in the least-he's just a glorified scout, who doesn't know shit about coaching. 2008 is going to be a long year.

StcChief 04-19-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimension2112 (Post 4693996)
You forgot to mention that Herm ''I don't panic'' Edwards traded a 2nd round pick for Justin Mcdroppins immediately after this ''I never panic'' crap with Coles. it was an awful trade done in haste. Also, Moss was not drafted after Coles left, you nitwit. they drafted Robertson that year.

sources/accuracy of work he's working into first rate shitty sports reporter that doesn't care about facts he reports

Mile High Mania 04-19-2008 08:34 AM

This article makes for an average message board post... it's not even article worthy.

TinyEvel 04-19-2008 09:20 AM

Herm doesn't panic. It's okaaaaaay. IT's okaaaaay It's Okaaaaay...to go 9-7 and 4-12.

xbarretx 04-19-2008 10:25 AM

ok guys let me say this up front..

yes we all know that Goatse has a tendency to just zoom in from left field with some crazy stuff :p

that being said however, i think he makes a good subtle point. while many will be quick (or already have) dismissed Herm for poor coaching decisions...so far his ability to not panic (or not seem like he is) is a good quality to have. a panicing coach would be quick to make changes to give us any attempt to WIN NOW. sorry guys but after taking it in the :cuss: for the past 10 years with a WIN NOW attitude this approach is seemingly much better. Herm can stick to his plan and will hopefully continue to do so (yes i know you just said to yourself ... either A) HE HAS A PLAN? or B) WELL WTF IS HIS PLAN?)

Ergo, if he wins and improves the team.... his plan worked....if it doesnt then his plan sucks and i think he'll own up to it. eitehr way sticking to your guns is what KC needs b/c too often have we seen what happens when we make knee jerk reactions. (GREEN REPLACING HUARD AFTER HIS INJURY.... AS WELL AS THE SAME SITUATION WITH GANNON)

look, im crazy....i do like Herm... while id MUCH rather have Marty..i feel that Herms making a geniune effort to make improvments instead of lets just do this and that as a smoke screen to save my job.

IMHO thats what makes Goat's post a decent one. we all have crazy high expectations for this draft and i HOPE Herm can deliver. he always boasted his scout skills..lets see what he does with a colonic of picks this year.

CoMoChief 04-19-2008 10:30 AM

This is just a terrible decision just about any way you look at it.

BigChiefFan 04-19-2008 10:36 AM

Panic implies pressure. carl's twenty ****ing years of incompetency shows there isn't any pressure from the top, thus no panic. I hardly call ownership being lacksidasical, the same as Herm remaining cool under pressure. Where's the pressure to create any panic?-there isn't any. Sorry, but Herm's still a shitty coach.

Brock 04-19-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4694729)
This is just a terrible decision just about any way you look at it.

Now I know it's a good idea.

Dave Lane 04-19-2008 10:50 AM

Clayton,

Damn dude that was way beneath you. Is there really that much backlash to fear from the nitwits at 1 Arrowhead Dr? Why not be the courageous Skywalker and stand against the evil empire? In time you would be rewarded.

Dave

Mama Hip Rockets 04-19-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 4694261)
He didn’t panic when Willie Roaf unexpectedly retired before the 2006 training camp.

But he should have because that was a unmitigated disaster

He didn’t panic when Trent Green went down with a concussion a few months later.

But he should have because that was a disaster of biblical proportions

He didn’t panic when Larry Johnson held out for months last offseason,

But he should have because LJ had his worst season as a Chief following it and got injured severly to top it off.

and he didn’t panic after opening two consecutive seasons at 0-2.

but he should have because 4-12 isn't exactly an improvement over 0-2.

A cool head is one thing, sitting in your house while it is on fire is another.

:clap:

Hammock Parties 04-27-2008 08:13 PM

Trust the mother****er. Come on now.

bowener 04-27-2008 08:33 PM

Im not sure but i dont think reeruned children panic either; so whats your point?

banyon 04-27-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4721739)
Trust the mother****er. Come on now.

I trust him to be a GM or talent scout. He's good at it.

Dayze 04-27-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 4721838)
I trust him to be a GM or talent scout. He's good at it.

concur.