ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs take Matt Ryan, what happens to all our QBs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183301)

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698462)
Want me to be honest, you don't see it talked about much but I believe there is a legit chance of the first 4 picks being..

Ellis, the Raiders organization has major ties to SC

Granddaddy Al has a mancrush on McFadden

Direckshun 04-21-2008 03:25 PM

I think in this situation, you definitely keep Croyle and Thiggy and lose Huard.

Croyle has the tools of a good backup anyway. He's smart, he's got a good arm, the team likes him and now he's got a decent amount of experience. He'll start the year and eventually Ryan will take over either in 2008 or at the start of 2009 with Croyle backing him up -- or hell, if Croyle's decent in 2008, trade Croyle.

I think it's wise to keep Thiggy around, just in case we do lose Croyle and Thiggy develops into a solid backup.

Direckshun 04-21-2008 03:26 PM

BTW I think the Raiders go Gholston or Long.

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4698478)
Weren't you the "you'll never see two DTs go in the top four" guy?

No I'm the "you don't take RB's in the top 5 guy" sometimes when projecting you have to look into organizational ties and all that, the Raiders do have serious SC ties in coaching and organization and seem to like to always bring in SC players.

Let's put it this way, I think them taking Ellis is more likely than them taking McFadden.

Direckshun 04-21-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698484)
No I'm the "you don't take RB's in the top 5 guy" sometimes when projecting you have to look into organizational ties and all that, the Raiders do have serious SC ties in coaching and organization and seem to like to always bring in SC players.

Let's put it this way, I think them taking Ellis is more likely than them taking McFadden.

I also believe you were the "I'm 100% confident McFadden will be in silver and black" guy.

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4698489)
I also believe you were the "I'm 100% confident McFadden will be in silver and black" guy.

I think he's going to the Jets and have for about 2 months...

The only real confident Raider opinion I ever express was I don't believe they'd pass on Howie's son if given the chance to pick him.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4698482)
I think in this situation, you definitely keep Croyle and Thiggy and lose Huard.

Croyle has the tools of a good backup anyway. He's smart, he's got a good arm, the team likes him and now he's got a decent amount of experience. He'll start the year and eventually Ryan will take over either in 2008 or at the start of 2009 with Croyle backing him up -- or hell, if Croyle's decent in 2008, trade Croyle.

So if Croyle succeeds, trade him so an unproven player with a heavy wallet can start. Sound like something KC would do blow a 1st round pick on a 60 million dollar backup QB

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:31 PM

Other than Brodie Croyles odds of being good are well pretty slim.......let's just play with no QB.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4698455)
There is no way the Jets pass on Ryan if the Chiefs do. Id bet money on it.

I think they're taking a wait-and-see with Clemens...

jjchieffan 04-21-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698462)
Want me to be honest, you don't see it talked about much but I believe there is a legit chance of the first 4 picks being..

Long
Long
Dorsey
Ellis, the Raiders organization has major ties to SC

Then where do you go you have Ryan and Gholston which to many become a serious toss up.

I think that is the absolute worst way the draft could fall for us. (imagine that, Mecca comes up with it.) If it falls that way, hopefully the Chiefs will make a trade down to someone wanting Ryan or McFadden.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698495)
Other than Brodie Croyles odds of being good are well pretty slim........

We shall see

Direckshun 04-21-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 4698492)
So if Croyle succeeds, trade him so an unproven player with a heavy wallet can start. Sound like something KC would do blow a 1st round pick on a 60 million dollar backup QB

Well... define "succeed." If he pulls a Derek Anderson, you extend his contract with a smile on your face.

But if he plays only like 10 games having missed six due to injury, but showed flashes of talent during the games in which he was healthy, I'm thinking we could keep him around as a backup in 2009 as Ryan takes over, or if someone expresses interest in him with a mid-rounder or higher, take it and Thiggy is your new backup.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4698501)
Well... define "succeed." If he pulls a Derek Anderson, you extend his contract with a smile on your face.

probowl season

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 4698502)
probowl season

You are aware of the QB's in this conference right?

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698504)
You are aware of the QB's in this conference right?

Yes, Jared Allen had damn good seasons before but got probowl snubs while other media darlings got in. If Croyle, has a type of season worthy of being in the probowl, then all is golden.