ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Props to CP!!! We essentially got 2 1st rounders for JA! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183424)

Chief Henry 04-23-2008 09:51 AM

We have all these wonderful draft picks with numnuts picking them. I'm not sold on this
deal at all---yet.

Chiefnj2 04-23-2008 10:02 AM

It seems like the people that support the move are the armchair draft day guys. It gives them 3 more days to play GM and generate new and different mock drafts.

Chief Wiggum 04-23-2008 10:10 AM

This doesn't make any sense to me. Take away the fact the two thirds could arguably be considered a first round pick next year - the value of the trade still sucks. My point being, there are arguably 4 cornerstone positions on each team: QB, LT, CB, and DE. The only cornerstone we had locked up we just traded away on the hope that we can fill the spot with a couple of people. Why do I see a Simms & Siavii type failure here. We lucked out on JA because we picked him to be a long snapper - not because we saw him becoming a franchise DE.

I understand the guy had two DUIs, but in my mind there's less risk in him getting a third then us flopping on a high-end DL pick. JA wasn't pissed at the Chiefs, he was pissed at CP - just like all of freakin' Chiefs Nation. Don't tell me we couldn't have patched the relationship up if we got rid of Carl after the season. Instead, we keep the guy who keeps people out of the stands, and get rid of the guy who fills them.

I'm pissed...

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 4702868)
I understand the guy had two DUIs, but in my mind there's less risk in him getting a third then us flopping on a high-end DL pick. JA wasn't pissed at the Chiefs, he was pissed at CP - just like all of freakin' Chiefs Nation. Don't tell me we couldn't have patched the relationship up if we got rid of Carl after the season. Instead, we keep the guy who keeps people out of the stands, and get rid of the guy who fills them.

I'm pissed...

JA's had 4 DUI's.

Chief Wiggum 04-23-2008 10:13 AM

Yeah, but only two pose a risk to the Chiefs.

Molitoth 04-23-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Don't tell me we couldn't have patched the relationship up if we got rid of Carl after the season.

Like that was going to happen... you really think Carl is going somewhere?

Tiger's Fan 04-23-2008 10:16 AM

An already questionable defense just got a hell of a lot worse. Chances are not one of our now 13 picks will be as talented as JA is. Theres no other way to look at this than being a failure on CP's and the FO's part.

beach tribe 04-23-2008 10:16 AM

"Get over it"

I will be pissed about this until one of these picks is a probowler, and at least one other is a solid starter.

I have very little faith that that will happen, but I've never been devoid of hope, although it's getting close.

If we bomb this draft.................oh my god.

Brock 04-23-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4702879)
Theres no other way to look at this than being a failure on CP's and the FO's part.

Obviously, there are several other ways to look at it. Clearly.

PHOG 04-23-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 4702874)

Out of curiosity, what is a 3rd DUI in Missouri worth?

milkman 04-23-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 4702523)
I think Bobby Beathard tried out your system when he was with San Diego.

Actually, Beathard was the guy trading away future firsts.

Brock 04-23-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 4702874)

Wha? Jared taking the wrong cold medicine will get him kicked out for a year. This isn't limited to drinking, or DUIs.

alanm 04-23-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4702769)
That's my concern, but Mecca Pena tells me we should just BELIEVE! :banghead:

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a draft pick today.

I gave up on the Chiefs today. Trading their best player for a chance to draft a couple of maybe's who of course they've proven that they don't have a clue when it comes to the draft. This team has officially become a joke.
I'm so fucking pissed I'm seriously considering caring about the Bronco's now since I have to watch them every week regardless.
Why the fuck should I renew Sunday Ticket when my team doesn't give a shit about what they put on the field.
At least the Bronco's care about winning.
Oh I know. I'm supposed to get over it. :spock:

milkman 04-23-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 4702485)
Carl is the blind squirrel who finds a nut every once in a while.... not sure of his input on JA draft anyway.

Glad he got good value for him in the end.

What Carl has done over the years is allowed his head coach and coordinators strongly influence his decisions in the early rounds, and then let Chuck Cook and the scouting staff influence his later round decisions.

What we've seen over the years is that Marty, Gunt and Dick sucked ass at talent evaluation, and that Chuck Cook and his staff have a pretty good eye.

Chief Wiggum 04-23-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 4702876)
Like that was going to happen... you really think Carl is going somewhere?

No - I'm not delusional, but it's not Jared's fault that the Chiefs are stupid for keeping Carl around. Jared is being made out to be argumentative and combative with the Chiefs when he never should have had to deal with Carl in the first place.

Unfortunately, I've resigned myself to the fact that Carl Peterson has some serious blackmail on the Hunt family and won't be leaving until his contract with Satan is up...