ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Science is so racist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187110)

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841105)
Okay, so if they do, what's stopping them? Racism?

In some cases yes which is why I'm for AA.

~problem solved.

Micjones 07-11-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 4840835)
Product of Affirmative Action. You don't have to be knowledgeable and work hard to graduate from college ... you just have to be a minority.

You don't have to be knowledgeable to post in this forum either.

1. The selection of unqualified candidates is not permissable by federal Affirmative Action guidelines.

2. White women haven't been big beneficiaries of AA.
:rolleyes:

3. White men haven't been beneficiaries of preferential hiring/admissions either.
:rolleyes:

markk 07-11-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841110)

~problem solved.

AA solved the problem?

Donger 07-11-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

~problem solved.

And the other cases? Surely you acknowledge that not all minorities are capable of being CEOs, right, just like not all whites are? I don't think that stupidity and laziness are limited to one race.

bkkcoh 07-11-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841106)
So what makes so many more whites want to be CEO's as opposed to minorities?
That doesn't make sense.

That is a very good question that I don't have an answer.

Maybe it is a difference role models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841118)
And the other cases? Surely you acknowledge that not all minorities are capable of being CEOs, right, just like not all whites are? I don't think that stupidity and laziness are limited to one race.

Amen to that :toast:

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841109)
I do trust you, but I think some examples would be beneficial.

Truthfully, I don't feel like giving examples to be judged by you and others of their validity. We feel whites are fed silver spoons from birth while we have to work hard for everything we get. You're (not you) born in the network of the good ol boy. You KNOW the inner circles while more than likely we have to start from scratch as we're usually first generation corporate employees.

All the while you're (not you) bitching about 1-2% of QUALIFIED minorities getting a job over whites.

~The good ol boy network is the reason AA is in place.

Micjones 07-11-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 4840885)
Wouldn't it be better to know that a person got a position as a result of his/her qualifications instead of ethnicity or gender?

Absolutely, but remember AA prohibits the hiring/admissions of unqualified candidates. There are certainly instances of hiring/admissions where the candidates are unequal, but mostly where the differences are small and indistinguishable.

But while we're on the subject...Are you prepared to take seniority or accreditation away from White workers/students who benefitted from preferential hiring/admissions?

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 4841123)
That is a very good question that I don't have an answer.

Maybe it is a difference role models.

Another dumbass statement. How many more you have?

Maybe it's because the upper echelon of corporations are usually white and are more apt to hire their own.

~ Your ignorance is really annoying at this point.

Skip Towne 07-11-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841109)
I do trust you, but I think some examples would be beneficial.

Anytime someone says "trust me", I don't trust them.

vailpass 07-11-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4840874)
Dumbass statement of the year. :spock:
I've yet to see one black person truly benefit from AA while being under performed to do a job.

I'd love to hear of your example(s).

I understand you're joining /piling on all in fun but that statement is just plain ignorant and can lead to influencing others ignorance.

~Yes I take offense to it.

I could give you several examples, including one from a former situation where we had to get together and create a reason to terminate the employee without violating the myriad and crippling AA directives.

Have you ever owned a business? 99% of business owners or corporate leaders I know HATE AA though they would never say it out loud.

bkkcoh 07-11-2008 10:08 AM

If I was in a position of hiring people for my company, I wouldn't care what ethnicity or gender they were, I would want the best qualified for the particular position.

Donger 07-11-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841124)
Truthfully, I don't feel like giving examples to be judged by you and others of their validity. We feel whites are fed silver spoons from birth while we have to work hard for everything we get.

Wow. You've got some serious issues.

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841118)

So you mean to tell me that we can have a incompetent, stupid, lazy white Presidents, CEOs (Sprint), Enron, etc.

But we can't take a cahnce on having a minority one?
Furthermore, how would you know they're incompetent if they've never been given a chance?

All we want is a chance. Hence... we have to work twice as hard to prove ourselves to the good'ol boy network.

Lzen 07-11-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

~problem solved.

I think AA looks good on paper. And I'm sure that there are examples of it working as intended. At the same time, I think it also can give a job to a less qualified applicant just because said applicant is a minority. Do I have a better way? No. I wish I did.

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4841132)
Have you ever owned a business? 99% of business owners or corporate leaders I know HATE AA though they would never say it out loud.

And that's why it's needed.
Thanks for proving my point.