ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Big 12 hate meter: From Texas to Iowa State (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188451)

Bugeater 08-04-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4891012)
You are ignoring what I said. OU was every bit as good as you and they could hold it down but you pricks couldn't. There, that's three times I said it.

Seriously, did you feel any better about only getting beat 48-7 as opposed to 73-6? What the hell is the difference? It's still an ass kicking.

Skip Towne 08-04-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4891023)
Seriously, did you feel any better about only getting beat 48-7 as opposed to 73-6? What the hell is the difference? It's still an ass kicking.

Yes I did. OU didn't feel the need to humiliate us like Nebraska did. KU always stomped the shit out of you twice in basketball each year but didn't do it to OU.

gblowfish 08-04-2008 07:29 PM

All I can say is, Nebraska is going to remember that game for a long, long, looong time. And because of that, will owe KU many severe beatings in the years to come. Its just a matter of time before NU reloads. It will be butt ugly.

Sam Hall 08-04-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 4891036)
All I can say is, Nebraska is going to remember that game for a long, long, looong time. And because of that, will owe KU many severe beatings in the years to come. Its just a matter of time before NU reloads. It will be butt ugly.

down with the fat man

Skip Towne 08-04-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 4891036)

They better hope they do. I'm sure KU, KSU and Mizzou will pour it on them at every opportunity because of their poor sportsmanship.

Bugeater 08-04-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4891031)
Yes I did. OU didn't feel the need to humiliate us like Nebraska did. KU always stomped the shit out of you twice in basketball each year but didn't do it to OU.

That's probably because OU has a far better basketball program than we do. ;)

Bugeater 08-04-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4891049)
They better hope they do. I'm sure KU, KSU and Mizzou will pour it on them at every opportunity because of their poor sportsmanship.

And I don't blame them for it. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Sam Hall 08-04-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4891049)

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

Every team in America has been on both ends of blowouts. Sounds like you're still upset after all these years because you're team couldn't compete.

Skip Towne 08-04-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 4891056)

Every team in America has been on both ends of blowouts. Sounds like you're still upset after all these years because you're team couldn't compete.

You have very poor reading comprehension. And you can't talk your way out of what your school has done. I've always rooted for every conference school, except you pricks. It's not just former Big 8 schools that hate you either. Wasn't it Texas Tech who pounded your ass and wouldn't let up a couple of years ago? Time wounds all heels.

Sam Hall 08-04-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4891067)
You have very poor reading comprehension. And you can't talk your way out of what your school has done. I've always rooted for every conference school, except you pricks. It's not just former Big 8 schools that hate you either. Wasn't it Texas Tech who pounded your ass and wouldn't let up a couple of years ago? Time wounds all heels.

You don't even care about your last couple victories against Nebraska. The Huskers are still in your head.

Bugeater 08-04-2008 07:47 PM

I don't think that Texas Tech drubbing had anything to do with payback, that was pretty much just Callahan being a dumb****.

|Zach| 08-04-2008 07:50 PM

There is going to be a whole lot of carnage in the next 5 years.

Missouri taking their game to the next level...

Kansas getting in the mix...

Nebraska won't be down for too long and you figure Texas will step their game up at some point.

Oklahoma is a power year after year and teams like Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech will beat you if you don't bring your A game.

Some of these big wins and big losses coupled with more teams playing for bigger stakes is going make this conference ****ing explode.

Can't wait.

Sam Hall 08-04-2008 07:57 PM

I just looked at the KU-OU series during the Switzer years. KU beat Switzer twice, and a couple other games were close. But a lot of the scores were lopsided in favor of OU.

It looks like KU simplify played OU better than they played Nebraska.

Sam Hall 08-04-2008 08:04 PM

I doubt Switzer had mercy for KU. He outscored them by a combined 134-24 in 1987 and 1988.

Skip Towne 08-04-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 4891101)
I just looked at the KU-OU series during the Switzer years. KU beat Switzer twice, and a couple other games were close. But a lot of the scores were lopsided in favor of OU.

It looks like KU simplify played OU better than they played Nebraska.

It had more to do with OU not trying to get ahead by 60 points at the half. It bit them a time or two but I have a lot of respect for Switzer and OU and absolutely zero for you bullies.