ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU NCAA to crack down on "unethical", Chalmers-like combo deals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189893)

the Talking Can 08-26-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 4948516)
My frustration about that steal was that Collins blatantly grabbed Rose's jersey around mid-court as Rose darted toward the end line to receive the inbounds pass. I have no idea if it was visible on TV, as I was 8 rows up at mid-court and saw it as plain as day, and immediately started screaming my head off about a foul. That was the only way Collins beat him to the ball. That said, those plays happen all the time during games, and that one could easily have been missed as it was away from the ball. I don't really blame the refs for it, just another in an unbelievable chain of events.

ROFL

Midnight_Vulture 08-26-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4947474)
Jealousy is a bitter pill.

Ummm I dont even root for any team in college basketball but thanks for thinking so.:thumb:

I just laugh at Kansas' shameless ways to win. Its comical to me. I mean, thats all they got in Kansas is Gayhawk basketball....so why not try and win at all costs.ROFL

irishjayhawk 08-26-2008 09:01 PM

If you don't breathe correctly, the NCAA will find a violation.

HolyHandgernade 08-26-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture (Post 4948632)
I just laugh at Kansas' shameless ways to win. Its comical to me. I mean, thats all they got in Kansas is Gayhawk basketball....so why not try and win at all costs.ROFL

Exactly, the best (non-getting married/birth of a child event) night of my life was as a freshman at KU when we won the national championship in 1988 on my birthday. I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything! Winning it again was great, just not in as close proximity any longer. But, by all means, if you can win it at all costs, you should do so! The Chiefs really ought to look into this concept.

Shamelessly,

-HH

HolyHandgernade 08-26-2008 09:12 PM

Since you found it so comical, I wanted to help you laugh some more:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TegyduEl4KY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TegyduEl4KY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just look at all that shamelessness! Oh, the humanity!

-HH

Reerun_KC 08-26-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Ummm I dont even root for any team in college basketball but thanks for thinking so.:thumb:

Heres something to console you....

http://www.pedalcarsgalore.com/prodi...le-pink-SM.jpg

BWillie 08-27-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Kansas runs one of the cleanest programs in the country compared to some of the other top programs. The only violation I can think of since the Larry Brown era was when Roy Williams was here and he told the graduating seniors they could accept a few graduation gifts valued at like $300 dollars. You have to be kidding me.

Midnight_Vulture 08-27-2008 07:20 AM

I am just surprised you guys get the internet in Kansas.ROFL

Rausch 08-27-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

So you showed up just to piss on someone else's parade?

Nevermind. I thought I had a disagreement here somewhere...

Lzen 08-27-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4947470)
The admitted thief and moral degenerate loves the way you guys operate. That's perfect. LMAO

Heh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 4947505)
In all fairness, Mizzou has gone to this well, too (though not under Anderson).

Sundvold.
Winfield.
Tony Harvey (was supposed to land Robert Whaley).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4947506)
The real secret is to get the billionaire boosters' kids on the team, then the teammates can give the star players everything they ever wanted, including fabulous room and board in the billionaire booster kids mansion.

Not that it'll win you anything, but it's legal under the NCAA rules...

Que Card QB 08-27-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

This year we're gettin' bikes!

Mr. Plow 08-27-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture (Post 4949942)
I am just surprised you guys get the internet in Kansas.ROFL

Ya, we have to peddle pretty hard to generate enough power to run a computer. It's a bitch to peddle and type at the same time.

Skip Towne 08-27-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Gayhawks? Did you just make that up? How original. Maybe it is your charm and wit that scores the chicks instead of your rice grinder.